I've searched the forums and really only found 1 other post on this topic, and it never got answered.

I'm trying to sync my storm (9530) with my macbook just so I can manage my SD card. Yesterday I had to take my phone into the store because of a software issue I couldn't fix, and they ended up giving me a new device (much to my displeasure). With my last phone, I would connect the usb to the phone and computer and the icon would come up on the desktop and everything worked just fine. Now with this phone, it's not coming up. I don't remember having to do anything special to get my mac to recognize it. The only thing that happens when I plug this phone in is that the clock comes up.

Any help?? Please!
    07-28-09 12:39 PM
    i had the same problem when i updated my storm. make sure you have mass storage enabled.
    that worked for me
    07-28-09 12:50 PM
    Mass storage is enabled. I've tried having it set on "prompt" too but nothing changes.
    07-30-09 07:52 PM
    Has the SD card been formatted? You can select that from Options>Memory>BB menu button.
    07-31-09 08:23 AM
    Hi im new to the forum but a longtime BB user. I have the same exact issue with my storm. Mass storage is enabled and the SD card is formatted. Any suggestions?
    08-08-09 05:21 PM
    try opening Disk Utility and see if its even mounting within the system.
    08-09-09 01:11 AM
    Same problem. Not mounted. Mass storage is enabled. Mine is also a refurb. Original worked fine.
    Last edited by mawint; 08-20-09 at 11:49 AM.
    08-20-09 10:15 AM
    There are issues with some of the refurbished phones. There is a fix but requires access to a Windows machine. There are threads on here about it but I'm at work and can't take the time to find and link.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-20-09 04:31 PM
    Was wondering if anyone has had this problem with the Bold?

I am plugged in to my USB and it is charging the phone fine.

For the last couple of days it has brought up 'Blackberry 1' and 'Blackberry 2' drives when I'ved plugged it in so I can transfer things back and forwards, but isn't working today
    08-22-09 02:21 AM
    I spoke with blackberry today hoping they had a fix besides reloading the os. Sadly we can't do this on Mac and they asked if I had access to a windows machine and I don't. So I kindly said no. They had Verizon send me a new one but from what I hear this may not fix the issue.

On a side note. I first stopped at verizon to see if they could reload it and they told me that "Blackberry 1" and "Blackberry 2" are not supposed to show up and that this is what its supposed to do. I said no its not. My other one worked fine and they made me call the technical support number because they don't support Mac and said that's the way it's supposed to be.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by mawint; 08-28-09 at 12:01 AM.
    08-26-09 06:07 PM
    New one doesn't work, they are sending yet.... another one. It is sooooo much easier to drag and drop video files when mass storage mode works. Especially since my video files won't import into itunes. I would do the PC fix if only I had access to a PC. This is the only time I hate having a mac.
    08-27-09 11:59 PM
    Check out post #4 of this thread:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f5/mass...e-help-222836/

As I posted, I had the same problem (and also use a Mac at home) and this fixed it. The link is to this site:
    Mass Storage issues? (Here's the fix) - Discussed in BlackBerry Multimedia forum - PinStack.com - Smartphone Professionals Alliance.

Worked perfectly. I was able to use Dektop manager and even sync with my Macbook before this; I just could not see the memory card. Now it shows up like a USB drive.

Hope it works!
    08-28-09 11:59 AM
    I would do this but I unfortunately don't have access to a windows PC.

So I got my new refurb today and I noticed something interesting. This one had a green dot on the outside of the box the phone itself was in. The rest of the refurbs I got had yellow dots.

Booted the computer up and connected the new refurb and voila. Blackberry 1 and 2 show up on the desktop. I don't know if the colors signify different factory locations or what but I'm sure glad this one works so I can put new movies on my micro SD card.

Check out post #4 of this thread:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f5/mass...e-help-222836/

As I posted, I had the same problem (and also use a Mac at home) and this fixed it. The link is to this site:
    Mass Storage issues? (Here's the fix) - Discussed in BlackBerry Multimedia forum - PinStack.com - Smartphone Professionals Alliance.

Worked perfectly. I was able to use Dektop manager and even sync with my Macbook before this; I just could not see the memory card. Now it shows up like a USB drive.

Hope it works!
    09-02-09 12:18 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD