I have a brand new macbook pro but when I plug my bold into my computer it doesn't recognize it. What do I do?!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-18-09 10:29 PM
    have you tried downloading pocketmac from blackberry.com?

thats all i can think of, because my storm was recognized after I downloaded that to my mbp.
    06-18-09 10:35 PM
    I have pocketberry downloaded.

When I plug my phone in it starts charging which means that nothings wrong with the plug and its something with the computer, right?

06-18-09 10:39 PM
    yeah, it sounds that way. Since its charging the plug is most def working. Anytime I had a problem with my Mac and my phone, I'd call verizon and they would get me to a mac IT person. I'm sure ATT offers that too, so maybe that would be your best option?
    06-18-09 10:43 PM
    I guess I have to call att and figure this out. Its a brand new computer so I really want to sync my bb to entourage, and then I also need to re-sync my iTunes to my sdCard because I have added so many new songs. This is really a huge problem

06-18-09 10:46 PM
    I am right there with you. Although I am blackberryless as of today, I seriously think RIM needs to get a mac DM for us. Btw, if you have a new mac, you should try using bootcamp and getting windows on there if you have a spare disk of one. I did that for my mac and thats how i got .148 on my storm. it can be sort of convenient here and there.
    06-18-09 10:49 PM
    Does bootcamp use up a lot of memory? And how do I get it?

06-18-09 10:50 PM
    bootcamp will partition your hard-drive. So you can choose how much space to give it. As for memory, bootcamp hasnt realy affected my speed yet. I'm only running on a 2 GB of ram. So i just chose to partition 10 gb of space, bc I know I'll barely use the windows side of my computer. And bootcamp is in all macs post 10.5. Go to applications>utilities>bootcamp assistant.

you'll need a copy of either windows xp or vista.

and when you launch bootcamp assistant, print out that guide is tell you to print, bc I was confused as **** even with that guide haha.
    06-18-09 10:55 PM
    How do I get a copy of vista/xp? Is it free?

06-18-09 10:57 PM
    well, i have heard there are ways to get it free from youtube, but idk how to on youtube. I used to work at circuit city, so i got mine there from a tech. If you have any friends that are techs, you can ask them to burn you a copy. Other than that, Vista does cost a pretty penny i assume.
    06-18-09 10:59 PM
    What about xp? I really can't see myself paying to sync my blackberry, that's just ridiculous. The whole point of the bb is to be able to sync it. I paid over $300 for my bold, why would they make me pay more?

06-18-09 11:01 PM
    XP isn't out for sale anymore, I read somewhere on the forum that you can download it from youtube, but i havent checked it out. And i agree with you, I dont think its fair from either RIM or Apple to make us find a means to sync up our BB's. I'll see if i can find a link for the youtube thing, but since I never tried it, i dont know if its legit or not.
    06-18-09 11:05 PM
    Thanks a lot for your help. I'm away from my computer now, but ill be back soon so I'm going to google it and see what I can do. You think 10GB is more than enough? I have 250GB on my laptop

06-18-09 11:07 PM
    no prob man. For me, I personally thought 10 GB was plenty as I will barley ever use the windows half of my mac. So it's really up to you and how much you think you are going to put into your windows half. I have a 250 GB HD as well, and I had over 190+ GB open, so I just figured 10 GB was more than enough. You can choose to half it, or do as little as 5 GB i think. But in the end, it comes down to how much you think you will be using the windows half.
    06-18-09 11:13 PM
    I guess I will do 10, as you seem to be perfectly fine with that. Best case scenario I only use it to sync. can you change it later?

Also, when you sync it, can you only see what you synced when you are logged in to the windows version, or will it cross over to the mac os too? What about iTunes?

06-18-09 11:18 PM
    well, my storm synced on my mac. I just used the windows half one time to use the DM to get .148 on my storm. So i haven't tried syncing from the windows half other than downloading software. And you can most definitely change it later, but i think you have to do some adjustments here and there. As for iTunes syncing, try getting BB mediasync for you Mac, thats what I used when i transferred songs to my storm. However, DRM songs didnt transfer -_-
    06-18-09 11:22 PM
    I know DRM songs don't transfer, but thats not a problem. If I download mediasync though, then I can't use pocketMac. I am extraordinarily confused!
    06-19-09 12:14 AM
    yeah, i know. i just used media sync until i no longer needed it, then uninstalled it and went back to pocketmac. but i tell ya, it is a frustrating process to keep installing then uninstalling.
    06-22-09 11:38 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD