This has nothing to do with a blackberry or a phone at all for that matter. But I thought some of you hardcore Mac users may like this. I switched to using a Mac last year, and will never go back. I bought a used MacBook last year, sold it at the start of this year, and got a brand new MacBook with the aluminum case.

About 5 weeks ago, I closed the lid, and knocked a cup of water over onto my MacBook. It was toast right away. Nothing would work at all. So I took it apart and let it dry out, tried to turn it on, and nothing. Tried a few days later, and nothing. Since then, it has been sitting in my garage on one of my shelfs just so I didn't have to look at it every day and get upset. Last night while cleaning up my garage, I looked over a saw it. So I figured what the heck, Ill give it a shot. And out of nowhere, it came on!!! And it works perfect now. I cant explain how happy this made me. I have been ecstatic ever since. Hope some of you enjoy reading this!
    09-13-09 01:41 PM
    I certainly did enjoy it. Thanks I really would love to have a Macbook and can only imagine the beating u must have given urself for spilling stuff on it. And I hear there is soon to be a dm for mac release. So enjoy Karma has smiled on u.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-13-09 03:29 PM
    Lucky sob. Congrats though.
    09-13-09 04:21 PM
    I agree, I was VERY lucky. I was certain that it would never work again. I dont even know what made me try to turn it on. But im glad I did. I still have this bad feeling that it will just stop working again at anytime!
    09-13-09 04:36 PM
    I don't know. I'd guess that all the syrup and wetness finally dried up and luckily nothing was blown out or up during the whole ordeal. You should clean it up and sell it on CL or something, in case it's temporary. lol. j/k.
    09-13-09 07:52 PM
    I don't know. I'd guess that all the syrup and wetness finally dried up and luckily nothing was blown out or up during the whole ordeal. You should clean it up and sell it on CL or something, in case it's temporary. lol. j/k.
    That had crossed my mind. lol But having to be without a Mac for an unknown time would kill me. I love Mac's to death. The only thing that got me through this whole ordeal was my iPhone.
    09-22-09 09:02 PM
    Mac FTW.

Good for you for letting her dry out completely
    09-23-09 12:58 AM
    You have a magic garage!

Mind if I store my crappy Tour in there for a few months? Maybe when I come pick it up it will work.
    09-23-09 08:13 AM
    That story almost hurt my heart...so glad it is working for you again! Did you not get apple care on it?
    09-23-09 12:23 PM
    It came back because Steve Jobs forgot to say "one more thing, some of our God Machines have 9 lives," when announcing the new Unibody MacBooks.
    09-23-09 12:40 PM
    That story almost hurt my heart...so glad it is working for you again! Did you not get apple care on it?
    No I didn't get apple care on it. The only reason I didn't is because I knew a few people that had Macs, and had them for years with not one problem. So, I figured I would try it out and see how it went. And it went very well, until I almost killed it. And since its came back on, I haven't had one problem with it, and its been around two weeks. So I thank the Apple Gods, and of course Steve Jobs for making such a great product!!!
    09-23-09 04:23 PM
    if that happened to my MBP...i would cry like a lil baby...then...then...i dont even like to think about that actually.

kudos to you my friend
    09-24-09 10:45 PM
    Dude that truly is a blessing from the apple gods. I too myself switched from a PC to a MAC a while back and I will never go back. I experienced nothing but **** from my HP. It crashed on me twice and then the wifi card failed and the motherboard crashed. Since I've had my MAC, no issues. But what does suck is that I left my MacBook in the backseat and my screen is severely damaged. I can see the middle but along the top menu bar, its totally blacked out. While I'm really sad everytime I open my notebook, I am thankful that my screen still comes up. I can't imagine life without her. I will never go back, nor want to operate on a PC again.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-25-09 10:42 PM
    I agree 100%. I never want to use a PC ever again. Apple makes such a GREAT product, and not to mention everything works perfect on them. Not one problem, unlike a PC, where you have to wonder what problem you will wake up to the next day.
    09-26-09 10:10 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD