Hello All,
    I have made the switch to Mac. I must say Im very pleased with MBPro.

I decided to load windows XP pro with Vmware Fusion. The set up went great. I need windows for my 8330 and I prefer to use office 2007. Take into consideration Im very new to the Mac world, a great world it is. God I hope I dont wreak the Mac with windows.

My issues are, when I connect my 8330 via usb I get nothing. No sync just nothing. It think the usb port isnt be recognized by windows.

What do I do mighty Mac users?
    10-23-08 04:16 PM
    Did you enable mass media storage? If so you'll see the blackberry added as a drive on the windows side. Otherwise you won't see anything when you connect your BB to your Mac (actually will react the same on the Mac side if you don't enable mass media).

It won't automatically sync - you'll need to install BB desktop manager (4.6 is
    the latest version, do a search to find it) and then you can sync using that.

OR you can sync with free Pocketmac, available on the Blackberry website, and only use Windows to do backups/OS upgrades...

hope that helps.
    10-23-08 04:50 PM
    Thanks for the reply....
    Mass media is enabled on my BB but it still wont show up on the my computer of my windows program.
    10-23-08 05:12 PM
    I got it figured. In settings of your VM you need to go into your USB devices and turn them on. My Bad!!
    10-23-08 05:59 PM
    Did you get the NEW Macbook Pro/Macbook? The all aluminum one? How is it? I think it REALLY looks awesome and I would like to make the switch too, but 2000 for the mbp i want is just to much. And Can't u dual boot windows and mac now since they use intel chips?
    10-23-08 06:12 PM
    Did you get the NEW Macbook Pro/Macbook? The all aluminum one? How is it? I think it REALLY looks awesome and I would like to make the switch too, but 2000 for the mbp i want is just to much. And Can't u dual boot windows and mac now since they use intel chips?
    I have all MAC's in my house from iMac's to Macbook to Macbook Pro to Apple Airport Extreme Router....and there is no turning back!

You can setup dual boot with Windows but there are applications now such as VMWARE Fusion as mentioned above or Parallels that lets you run both OS/s interactively, it's amazing really, you need to see it to believe it. Best of both worlds!!!
    10-23-08 06:44 PM
    ITs so sweet. I agree the best of both, with a Mac brain behind it.
    Being able to run both makes a huge difference.

I guess my MBPro is outdated now. LOL I gout it 3 weeks ago then they released the new generation. They gave me the opportunity to return mine for a 10% restocking fee and shipping. I oped to stay with the one I got. They did take care of me though by selling me a Time Capsule for $50.00 Cant beat that. Im pretty much happy with Apple. When my little one is ready she will get a Mac too.
    10-23-08 07:53 PM
    I got it figured. In settings of your VM you need to go into your USB devices and turn them on. My Bad!!

Slider, can you tell a newbie how to do this?
    10-25-08 05:45 PM
    You have to run Boot Camp and use a full (not an upgrade) version of Windows. I did the Boot Camp first then I downloaded VMFusion. Mac does a great job with the instructions. So print them out and follow and you'll have Windows as well. I had to do that for my accounting software. I can't find on that specifically works on a Mac for our business.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-02-08 08:05 AM
    boooo to loading winblows on macs.

VMWare should work fine. BootCamp is a joke, my friend had to do it for her interior design programs, she has since removed winblows from her mac & uses VMWare (thanks to Derek for suggesting it to me, and i suggested it to her). She likes it better because she doesnt have to partition her HD and she can use it while in OSX, no need to reboot and load winblows.

I for one, will never go to the darkside. lol. But to each his own.

 for life
    11-02-08 08:58 AM
    Will I need to purchase a copy of Windows OS or can I use a recovery disc to run VMware?
    11-02-08 10:59 AM
    I actually am not sure about that. I, myself, will never put winblows on my mac. My friend who did it used a regular copy of windows(she bought it online when she set it up bootcamp style).
    11-02-08 12:48 PM
    I actually am not sure about that. I, myself, will never put winblows on my mac. My friend who did it used a regular copy of windows(she bought it online when she set it up bootcamp style).
    Thank you. I need it for work if I didn't I would so not do it. I really don't want to buy a PC so I see this as an the better solution. I don't think I will ever buy PC again. Looking to buy my son an iMac for Christmas.
    11-02-08 12:52 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD