It IS possible you know to install XP, then the Blackberry software on XP and run both together? I just use the BB software for backups and updates. That's all... Then Missing Sync does all my syncing needs...

VMware Fusion Overview, Run Windows on Mac, Virtual PC on Mac - VMware

or install

Mac Virtual Machines and Virtual PC. Automation and Virtualization Software for Desktops, Servers, Hosting, SaaS - Parallels

Anyone have any questions? Or need to "See" this ? I can do screen captures...
    12-29-08 10:18 AM
    And this is new? Haven't Mac users been doing this for a while now?
    12-29-08 03:20 PM
    Ya well apparently some don't know it's possible...
    12-29-08 07:47 PM
    see... lol

But XP doesnt run on a Mac...

My friend has a Mac and wants to know how to use DM..... he cannot get XP anyway, so is there DM for Mac software?
    12-29-08 07:48 PM
    problem to update through virtualization is a bad thing it might not work correctly ending up you have to install boot camp to get it fixed which is a pain since that happened to me yesterday and im not the only one
    12-29-08 09:20 PM
    problem to update through virtualization is a bad thing it might not work correctly ending up you have to install boot camp to get it fixed which is a pain since that happened to me yesterday and im not the only one
    Are you talking about before 10.5?
    How is it a bad thing?
    It's not running "virtually" it's ACTUALLY running...
    The ONLY thing I EVER had a issue with was Missing Sync was grabbing the BB when the BB rebooted. So al I did was told MS not to auto connect when the BB was connected. So when I did software updates on the BB in XP, when the BB rebooted XP picked it up not MS.

I think your mistaken how the mac runs XP now... It's not Virtual PC anymore...
    12-29-08 10:34 PM
    Are you talking about before 10.5?
    How is it a bad thing?
    It's not running "virtually" it's ACTUALLY running...
    The ONLY thing I EVER had a issue with was Missing Sync was grabbing the BB when the BB rebooted. So al I did was told MS not to auto connect when the BB was connected. So when I did software updates on the BB in XP, when the BB rebooted XP picked it up not MS.

I think your mistaken how the mac runs XP now... It's not Virtual PC anymore...
    well im talking about the bold not updating right through parallels there some glich that wont let it update dont know why? but i understand that mac can run wndows through bootcamp and thats what i did to solve my problem of updating the os. I dont have missing sync because for some apparent reason pocketmac and missing sync dont see my blackberry ive tried everything but it wont connect i believe 10.5.6 had something to due with it because i synced fine in 10.5.5 with pocketmac.
    12-30-08 02:36 AM
    I have a few macs, I use Parallels 4.0 on my brand new MacBook Pro. I update with DM, that is all I use XP for, besides that it's Leopard for me. I have not had any problems yet.
    12-30-08 10:20 AM
    well im talking about the bold not updating right through parallels there some glich that wont let it update dont know why? but i understand that mac can run wndows through bootcamp and thats what i did to solve my problem of updating the os. I dont have missing sync because for some apparent reason pocketmac and missing sync dont see my blackberry ive tried everything but it wont connect i believe 10.5.6 had something to due with it because i synced fine in 10.5.5 with pocketmac.
    I bet it was the BB not connecting to XP after the phone rebooting...
    ALl I had to do was make sure the mac wasn't picking up the BB when it rebooted and XP would after it rebooted for updates... I did the latest OS update on the BB with 0 issues.. Just turned off off the auto connect in Missing Sync.
    12-30-08 12:29 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD