Hey Crackberry-ers. New user, and new Storm owner. Im pretty tech savvy so I've been okay with everything, except using PocketMac!

Ive downloaded it twice, and downloaded the update drivers with it and it will bounce on my dock, and then just not respond forcing me to force quit it. I now officially uninstalled it using the uninstaller. Any help?
    02-18-09 04:51 PM
    I too have a Mac and I have all the Microsoft products installed. For some reason, and I read this somewhere and that is why I tried it, I have to have Entourage open before I open Pocketmac. Even though I do not use entourage I still have to have the program open and then Pocketmac will open and sync for me. Hope this helps.
    02-18-09 04:56 PM
    I too have a Mac and I have all the Microsoft products installed. For some reason, and I read this somewhere and that is why I tried it, I have to have Entourage open before I open Pocketmac. Even though I do not use entourage I still have to have the program open and then Pocketmac will open and sync for me. Hope this helps.
    Thanks, I have Office 08. I am retrying now!
    02-18-09 04:57 PM
    Thanks, I have Office 08. I am retrying now!
    Sorry for the double post, but no dice for me. Entourage is open and running, and pocketmac still does not launch.
    02-18-09 05:17 PM
    I use pocketmac once with my old curve on My MacBook Pro but in my opinion is a waste of time it won't work really i was able to use it once and never more the only once i recomend is The Missing Sync that i've heard is much more better or do what i do i use VMWare Fusion and have Windows
    02-18-09 07:20 PM
    Yeah, for some reason pocket mac hates me as well. I went with Missing Sync and there's a few issues i had with the first version but I just got the 2.0 version and it works fine :-) Good alternative. ALSO, if u do go this route, know that you need tasks and memo installed on your storm otherwise the program you need to d/l to your storm will not work and not let it sync through missing sync
    02-18-09 07:41 PM
    All I really want is my music. I just bought a MicroSD Adapter so i will just use a card reader and throw my music on there.
    02-18-09 10:22 PM
    All I really want is my music. I just bought a MicroSD Adapter so i will just use a card reader and throw my music on there.
    y didn't u just plug ur storm in and click and drag the music u wanted into the music folder?
    02-19-09 12:00 AM
    y didn't u just plug ur storm in and click and drag the music u wanted into the music folder?
    When I plug in my Storm, all it does is charge. It doesn't recognize anything.
    02-19-09 10:39 AM
    Go to Options>Memory>Enable Mass Storage Mode When Connected

Then on your mac desktop it will say blackberry 1 and blackberry 2 (or blackberry 2 if you have the newest os x update, because i cant get into blackberry1, but 1 is the internal flash drive, and 2 is the 8 gig card)

But, Ive gotten pocketmac to work somehow, download it all over again (uninstall it from your computer COMPLETELY, use appzapper if you must)
    then reinstall it again without having the BB plugged in, dont restart your computer, and try it out, If there is 2 parts to install (I think thats what happened for me, i dont rembmer) then instal the 2nd part before even opening pocketmac!

I just use it to sync address book and contacts
    02-19-09 10:42 AM
    Go to Options>Memory>Enable Mass Storage Mode When Connected

Then on your mac desktop it will say blackberry 1 and blackberry 2 (or blackberry 2 if you have the newest os x update, because i cant get into blackberry1, but 1 is the internal flash drive, and 2 is the 8 gig card)
    OMG! Dude I love you I a non gay way!
    02-19-09 10:54 AM
    Another option is to dl media sync from blackberry. this will sync your storm with your itunes library. I've been using it, and I love it. don't need pocketmac to do this.
    02-19-09 11:01 AM
    Another option is to dl media sync from blackberry. this will sync your storm with your itunes library. I've been using it, and I love it. don't need pocketmac to do this.
    Would you mind linking me to that?
    02-19-09 11:11 AM
    It doesn't work for Mac, Just get "Missing Sync" software, its much better than PocketMac and it will sync everything you want it to .... and Microsoft apps do not matter.
    03-08-09 07:30 PM
    It doesn't work for Mac, Just get "Missing Sync" software, its much better than PocketMac and it will sync everything you want it to .... and Microsoft apps do not matter.
    I can't get the contacts to sync. Followed their help instructions but still getting the same messages about incomplete sync. Any suggestions?
    03-08-09 07:45 PM
    To be more specific about the contact issue, it specifically states.....there is a problem with the Contacts plugin settings One or more groups are missing. Please open contact plugins and select different groups. Also...One or more groups have duplicate names. Please correct this in Address Book. AND the thing that is really ticking me off. Everytime I sync it removes my theme and puts it back to the original one on the phone. Please...anyone with suggestions
    03-08-09 08:07 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD