Hello all...

I currently have a 8320 being used on At&t...

Finally, it seems I will be making the switch to a Mac and I just want to the know the common problems/issues with using a BB.

I currently do not do anything crazy or out of the ordinary with my PC and BB. I have the BB desktop manager on my PC and sync often. I use Outlook for my Contacts/calender events/tasks/notes....nothing else really, other than put songs/ring tones/pics from my PC onto my BB.

If I were to get Office 2008 for Mac, would I still be able to do all these things? Esp the syncing easily? As easy as it is with the PC?

Thanks!!!

eR

PS: Any comments as to common issues/problems Mac users have with BBs are welcome!
    03-12-08 11:59 PM
    I'm still using Office 2004 (haven't made the switch yet) and the hardest part for me is syncing my calendar to my BB. My contacts and tasks sync fine, but my calendar has driven me crazy...to the point that I'm still using my PDA for my calendar until the (cross fingers) new Mac Desktop Manager comes out....rumored for April...
    03-13-08 12:57 AM
    Sandman...
    Not sure how set you are on using Office, but before you buy it, try using the preinstalled trial version of iWorks. I came from over from Windows to Mac and my Microsoft soaked brain wanted to use Office. I tried iWorks, so much easier and it does so much more. If you are buying a new Mac, it also comes loaded with an Office trial. Try them both, then decide.
    As to syncing, some have good luck with PocketMac, others hate it.
    As V, and the rest, I'm waiting/hoping for a Mac version of DTM. I have it on my PC, but that's going bye-bye soon.
    03-13-08 07:35 AM
    Sandman...
    Not sure how set you are on using Office, but before you buy it, try using the preinstalled trial version of iWorks. I came from over from Windows to Mac and my Microsoft soaked brain wanted to use Office. I tried iWorks, so much easier and it does so much more. If you are buying a new Mac, it also comes loaded with an Office trial. Try them both, then decide.
    As to syncing, some have good luck with PocketMac, others hate it.
    As V, and the rest, I'm waiting/hoping for a Mac version of DTM. I have it on my PC, but that's going bye-bye soon.
    Does the BB sync with iWorks?

I just cant believe there isnt a DTM for Mac yet....
    03-13-08 10:05 AM
    Does the BB sync with iWorks?

I just cant believe there isnt a DTM for Mac yet....
    Sandman...with a Mac you have to think in a different way. Took me a while to. Unlike Office, on a Mac the address book, calendar, tasks, notes (stickies) and such are stand alone apps. Mail, Numbers (Excel), Pages (Word) and Keynote (PowerPoint) are also stand alone apps. But they all work seamlessly together. Also iTunes, iPhoto and others all work with each other. Once you see how sweet things get along, you'll chuck MSAnything out the Windows!
    If you have an Apple Store near by, sign up for a free class. They are only an hour long, but you will learn what a Mac can do.
    Apple - Find Out How - iWork
    03-13-08 11:01 AM
    So does PocketMac sync the calender from iCal....?? a/k/a does it do it proficiently?

Also you said "preloaded iWorks," I was in the Apple store yesterday; verrrry close to buying a MB BTW. But the guy told me its either $80 for iWorks or $150 for Office '08...

Also, Ive heard of NeoOffice or something.......?
    03-19-08 02:06 PM
    So does PocketMac sync the calender from iCal....?? a/k/a does it do it proficiently?

Also you said "preloaded iWorks," I was in the Apple store yesterday; verrrry close to buying a MB BTW. But the guy told me its either $80 for iWorks or $150 for Office '08...

Also, Ive heard of NeoOffice or something.......?
    PocketMac works for me.
    Only problem I have is I can't load apps onto my BB.
    But if you get a new Mac you can put windows on anyway.
    Office '08 made my Mac run quite slow despite its high spec.
    03-19-08 02:09 PM
    I have mac and use pocketmac to sync. The only real problem I have had is uninstalling the apps using pocketmac. Everything else is easy to use. The pocket mac syncs with ical and it is proficiently. Since your getting a new mac they have bluetooth and you can file transfer pics, music and other things to your phone.
    Last edited by cuban_dudeca; 03-21-08 at 08:03 AM.
    03-21-08 08:00 AM
    I use neooffice. I think it works fine but I don't do a lot of word processing.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-26-08 09:14 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD