07-08-12 08:38 PM
966 ... 45678 ...
tools
    Hi. I 'converted' to MACism over a year ago and have not regretted it. Love the system. I have a 24 inch IMAC and a macbook. I also converted my husband and he has a 20 inch IMAC. Oh, and , yes, I have the first 2G Iphone which I have to say I have enjoyed until the 3G came out and I feel like the new software upgrades have really done a number on my battery. I also get 'bored' with phones and am ready to try something else. The Iphone keyboard is most annoying. So.....I have been reading and surfing online about the Bold and simply MUST have it.
    My question is this: I know I can use Pocket Mac or buy Missing Sync for everyday use with the Bold but if I need to do an OS reload or upgrade I understand it has to be on windows, at least for now. If I love the Bold I am considering adding windows Vista to my IMAC. Have some of you done that and have you had any issues? Will I also need to then use an antivirus program on my Mac? And how difficult is it to add pictures form Iphoto or videos from Imovie to the Bold?

Thanks and it is nice to see my fellow brethren here.
    10-19-08 11:37 AM
    Txdogs, you will be able to run Windows perfectly on the iMac and MacBook. You can use Boot Camp and everything will work as if it came with Windows.

You will need an AntiVirus program while running Windows on the computer. Install it in Windows. The problem with viruses is they are written for Windows and not the computer. Running Windows on a Mac makes the Mac vulnerable to viruses just as much as a Windows computer. The thing that stops a Mac from getting a virus is while it is running OS X. There are very few viruses out there that can affect OS X.

Now I sound like a nerdy nerd
    10-19-08 11:45 AM
    Thanks for the info, YKitty.

From what I have read, hopefully early 2009 RIM will have a desktop program for MAC users. I am hoping that AT&T's Bold will have the latest OS so I can wait it out until then. I know that Windows will work fine on my MAC but I don't like being exposed to virus issues and having to buy an antivirus program on top of buying Windows. Will just have to wait and see.
    Nothing wrong with sounding 'nerdy'. They are smart folks!
    10-19-08 12:01 PM
    All I got to say is the new MacBooks coming out look amazing! I may have to upgrade just to get one! Those new MacBooks are sick!
    10-19-08 12:59 PM
    I just switched to using only Macs this September and I have no regrets. I've used Macs on and off for 10 years now, and finally bought myself a MacBook. 2.4Ghz, 4GB RAM, 250GB HDD, white and loving it. Working on switching the rest of the family now.

Getting a Pearl in a week or so, hoping that my BlackBerry to Mac experience isn't a bad one. RIM's new software will hopefully be out soon. Glad they're catering to us Mac-users.

~Bcloutier
    10-19-08 11:37 PM
    We are also mac people !!! I have Ipod video, and nano and now want to get the blackberry storm, but I need to know is pocketmac better to use or is missing sync? Which is easiest to use?
    10-20-08 11:10 AM
    Mac guy, originally forced for work, but now by choice.

Got a PowerBook G4 12", 1.5ghz and 1.25gb ram.

Also have a new Mac Pro, (specs are a little more complicated)
    2x3.0ghz quad core zeons (8 cores total)
    10gb ram
    2x8800GT's
    2xSamsung 2443bw 24" lcds
    4x500gb sata drive
    2x2tb esata array for back ups
    The thing talks through a toslink connection with 7.1 dobly
    Thats all that I would assume interesting to list, let me know if I missed something.

Hah, little extreme for personal use? I thought so too, which is why I edit HD video by trade when I'm not in school.

I like granny smiths, what type of apples do you like?
    10-20-08 07:22 PM
    Ummm the new macbook is sexyyy!

Selling my macbook to...well buy a new macbook!

yippee! I wish i could keep both, but im a poor college student so i have to sell my mac-a-doo to buy the new one :P
    10-20-08 09:13 PM
    Yeah..I also think it would be great if RIM made software for Mac
    Agreed on the Mac and BB quality experience. But it is a bit of a sham that none of RIM's software is compatible with the BB (Facebook, reference software, Docs to Go, Etc). Thoughts or suggestions.
    10-21-08 04:53 PM
    i was a pc user my hole life until a year and half ago now i am a mac use my hole house is all on mac i have 2 imac's new 3 macbooks and 2 macbook pros new and a mac pro with 2 23" screens in my office. also 4 iphones and 2 blackberrys. so i am covered. Mac's are the future and are the best to use. i had to use my widows laptop for a week and i was like this is old school.
    10-22-08 09:48 PM
    Been a Mac user all my life, from when I played Thief on my dad's Apple ii to now! I'm on a 15" MacBook, 2GB ram, 2Ghz Intel Core Duo, 80GB HD and a 250GB external HD. I need more HD space, my music is filling it right up!

I just got PocketMac last night but it syncs up just fine with my 8330!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-24-08 11:42 AM
    I'm a proud lifetime Mac user and former student rep., now full time Photographer/Cinematographer, trying to cope with using a BlackBerry on a Mac system.

MBP 15" 2.4 | 4GB RAM | 250GB HDD

iBook G4 14" 1ghz | 1.1GB RAM | 80GB HDD
    10-25-08 12:37 AM
    I'm a new Mac user. Just picked up a new alum MacBook 2.0 last Tuesday. It's great! I'm not fully switching to Mac (I have a Dell XPS m1330 that I love too much to dump...and also, since my desktop is all but dead, I'll probably end up hooking this up to everything there and use it as a desktop replacement, with the MacBook being the travel computer). I've wanted to get a Mac for a long time now. There are some things I don't like about them, but some stuff that I absolutely love (such as the new trackpad...I personally find it incredibly intuitive).
    10-25-08 09:09 PM
    Nice to see this thread here. I'm on a Mac Mini w/ OS 10 and an  flat screen monitor. I've only used Macs all my life and used to have one of those older coloured iMacs before I switched to the Mini a couple years ago. Would never ever consider using a PC!!
    10-25-08 11:32 PM
    I work on both PC and Mac but guess what I use on my own time?

Right now I am using a BlackBook and though I like most of the features of the new MacBook I can not do without Firewire.
    What moron decided to kill it?

I have been using the Pocketmac for a long time to turn WinCe PDA into Mac Look-alikes so I was already familiar with it when I got the BB. I use to use the PDA's to control Music servers for whole house audio but now I use Mini's and bluetooth. Much more reliable.

Imagine having to use Outlook and admit to it?

HAHaHaHa

Ed
    10-26-08 08:10 PM
    I too am a Mac fan. I have a 15" Macbook Pro and I use Pocket Mac to sync my 8330 Curve.

10-26-08 08:15 PM
    i switched to a lovely macbook in january and have never looked back! i just wish that i had waited it out so i could have gotten the brand new macbook that was just released
    10-26-08 10:25 PM

Right now I am using a BlackBook and though I like most of the features of the new MacBook I can not do without Firewire.

Ed
    I hear ya on the firewire! Is Apple pushing toward USB 2.0? But I'm also in favor of standardizing connector types... The manufacturers really need to get together on this.

And even though USB 2.0 is billed as being faster, 480 vs 400, the firewire connection has a faster sustained throughput because it's a peer to peer link.

So if they want to go all USB 2.0, they should give us a software option of making it a dedicated connection when we plug in!

Just my two cents...
    10-27-08 08:08 AM
    Hi everyone, I'm new to crackberry & wap.crackberry. I have been a mac user for years and I do love my mac book pro. But about 2 weeks ago, my husband gave me a BB curve 8330 and I'm in love with it. I'm still figuring things out, but it's great. Very easy to use and navigate. I still have my iphone, because of its ease of use when syncing to my mac, but now that I have downloaded pocketmac, I may be giving it up completely! I don't no how to make any cool symbols, so I'll stick to the old

11-03-08 11:18 AM
    Hi everyone, I'm new to crackberry & wap.crackberry. I have been a mac user for years and I do love my mac book pro. But about 2 weeks ago, my husband gave me a BB curve 8330 and I'm in love with it. I'm still figuring things out, but it's great. Very easy to use and navigate. I still have my iphone, because of its ease of use when syncing to my mac, but now that I have downloaded pocketmac, I may be giving it up completely! I don't no how to make any cool symbols, so I'll stick to the old

11-03-08 11:28 AM
    WHAT UP! Hows it going everyone?? I just picked up a brand new Macbook today and im super stoked. This laptop is excellent! Anyway just wanted to swing by and say hello
    11-03-08 04:36 PM
    Hi all,

PC owner for 14 years
    MacBook owner for 2 months

Even though I have office on the mb, I still use my pc to sync my bb with outlook. I also sync my ipod to itunes via the pc and I don't see this changing any time soon
    Last edited by StarrsNana; 11-04-08 at 06:38 PM.
    11-04-08 06:28 PM
    im new and i just want to say sweet thank you god for this site im a macbook user since 2006 and been loving it since im definitely never going back and proud to say good riddens to the iphone.(try saying that on macrumors :P)
    Last edited by polishbolduser; 11-04-08 at 08:12 PM.
    11-04-08 08:10 PM
    Hi I'm a new BB user, i am so glad there are a lot of  user are on BB. Was browsing around for tips & tricks when i found this thread. I'm an avid mac user, currently using 15" MacBook Pro pre-leopard. I've not sync my BB to my  yet, browsing around for any glitches before i do so. Anything i should know before i sync? I only have PocketMac for BB from AT&T package. Any bugs?
    11-08-08 03:05 AM
    Ed
    I am using MB Pro pre-leopard, so i thought i'd wait for the new one and replace mine. I think it was stupid for  to kill the Firewire on their new lappie generation. I deal with various media files and have to store most of them on external HD, so I can not survive without Firewire! Sure USB 2 are getting faster and faster, but they do not handle multi tasking well! It doesn't handle simultaneous traffic in & out of external HD without either queuing or delays. Don't they know that?! How about FCP users working on RedCam files, the data transfer would take forever! Bummer! Stupidest blunder ever by !
    11-08-08 03:30 AM
966 ... 45678 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD