07-08-12 07:38 PM
966 ... 373839
tools
    I am considering getting a Mac but was wondering how the Blackberry Desktop Manager works on a Mac. Can it sync contacts with Mac's Address Book and calendar items with iCal?

Any of you experience would be appreciated.
    12-10-11 11:19 PM
    I am considering getting a Mac but was wondering how the Blackberry Desktop Manager works on a Mac. Can it sync contacts with Mac's Address Book and calendar items with iCal?

Any of you experience would be appreciated.
    Usually yes. But if you're bb is syncing calendars with a cloud service (like google), don't sync that account (even if that means not syncing to iCal). it is very bad juju.
    12-11-11 12:05 AM
    Usually yes. But if you're bb is syncing calendars with a cloud service (like google), don't sync that account (even if that means not syncing to iCal). it is very bad juju.
    Found that out the hard way. Bad juju obviously means you lose EVERYTHING.
    12-18-11 11:43 AM
    I've got mac mini '11 and macbook
    12-20-11 01:55 PM
    I'm rocking the 13" MacBook Pro that came out 2? years ago.
    01-08-12 04:25 AM
    Hi

im a newbie to the forum and the berry phone,i have a a macbook(not a pro,WHITE)4 gb ram,320 gb hd.I feel special,they dont even sell my mac anymore!! Ive been looking around and seen that the mac isnt exactly the ultimate bb companion but please tell me how to do things on a mac to "improve" the bb.(AS I SAID,I DONT KNOW SH*T)
    How can i update the bold 9900 to 7.1 and what other things should i do to really use my bold to its full potential,like syncing and stuff,just give me a complete run through of all the things you do with your mac and blackberry,hope you understand what i mean,i just want to know how i can use my bb to its full potential.

Thank you

Im a mac addict,not a crack addict
    02-23-12 08:02 PM
    I use the macbook air and I love it. As far as syncing goes I just point everything toward gmail and use that to keep my calendar , contacts in sync across my devices. I have a torch 9800, playbook and the mac . Everything seems to flow pretty good. I have Ical and my Address book pointed to gmail and run google sync on the 9800 and it seems to work ok
    03-10-12 09:24 PM
    I am what you may call an apple addict. I really like MOST everything Apple. Wife and Daughter has Macbook Pro's, I have the iMac and the Air. Time Caplsule, Ipad, iPod touch and as of this past November an iPhone. Before the iPhone I had the 9700 Bold. Loved it. But I HAD to try the iPhone (only right considering I'm an addict). Well I tried it and now I'm in the process of selling it. I want that 9900 Bold. I'm just more comfortable with the BB, and never had any problems syncing my iCal and address book stuff with my BB's in the past. In the immortal words of my man, the late GREAT Steve Jobs...as far as my BB's go...."It just worked"....for me.
    03-21-12 11:48 AM
    I have a black macbook here,
    2gigs of ram with a core2duo 2.4gh core with a spacious 500gb drive that is always low on space

I got a curve 9300 here and use Rims snyc software. Runs okay stalls some times or takes ages at other times.

But it works and gets the job done.
    I am running 10.7.3 so that might be a problem, I should not even be running 10.7.3
    Well I am planing on upgrading to a new macbook pro (I still call them powerbooks)
    So yeah.

03-28-12 07:52 AM
    Um, dam, I forget how to do the apple! LOL Anyways been using Macs for years in school and finally got one of my own last year. It's pretty well off when you know how to use a Mac your whole life and then finally get one at home, and your boyfriend, who has never really used them, has to ask you how to double click All joking aside, I love my Mac, but I have to have my Win laptop around for certain programs, such as Ares, Wavepad, etc.
    05-14-12 05:57 PM
    Or excuse me, right-click, for above...haha
    05-14-12 05:58 PM
    Um, dam, I forget how to do the apple! LOL Anyways been using Macs for years in school and finally got one of my own last year. It's pretty well off when you know how to use a Mac your whole life and then finally get one at home, and your boyfriend, who has never really used them, has to ask you how to double click All joking aside, I love my Mac, but I have to have my Win laptop around for certain programs, such as Ares, Wavepad, etc.
    Alt+Shift+K FTW
    05-15-12 12:24 AM
    Mac fanatic here, got my first Mac (a beige Classic) at 3 years old. Current primary and only workstation is a maxed out '11 Macbook Air 13 inch, 1.8Ghz i7 Sandy Bridge, 4GB RAM, 256 SSD. Gets along well with my Bold 9900 and Playbook, but looking anxiously to Fall to see what the iPhone 5 and iPad Mini will look like.
    05-21-12 06:03 PM
    I basically switched from everything to Apple in the last 6 months. Have a 27" iMac bought in Fed, bought my wife an iPhone 4S and iPad 2 for Xmas. Picked up a 4S for me last month and also a new iPad. Love my iMac a lot. Great machine and very impressed with it.
    05-21-12 07:20 PM
    Shaq Here....Mac and Blackberry Addict. Currently own: (2) Blackberry 9650 Handsets and a Macbook 2006 (2GHZ, 2GB RAM, 500GBHDD) Awesome!
    06-13-12 11:36 PM
    MacBerry user right here (13' 2010 MacBook OSX Lion) (With a white iPad too)

OSX is my favorite. It's flexible and it's easy to use and it's not as cluttered as Windows
    BlackBerry is where I'm at for my phone, It's fast and I already have another device for my apps.
    07-08-12 07:38 PM
966 ... 373839
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD