07-08-12 07:38 PM
966 ... 2425262728 ...
tools
    I'm a long time mac user that just recently got into using Blackberrys.
    My Tour is on the Fedex truck somewhere. Hopefully RIM will release a Mac native desktop manager so I can avoid my VM.
    I know what you mean, it would be nice to stop using Missing Sync and a native RIM app instead. But of course it's the other features we don't get that force us to use VM. I'm just happy it's possible, imagine the days when VM sucked before Intel macs.
    07-16-09 08:09 AM
    I saved up for about half a year while in high school to get my first mac, before then i was absolutely in love with them since the first class i had using a Macintosh, everyone at the time thought i was crazy for liking them so much, during lunch everyone would go to the ibm lab and there i was in the apple lab(all of 4 computers) with maybe another person. i have a mac pro 2x 3 GHz quadcore, 10 gig memory setup and i have only owned macs since the first imac i bought. I'd love an Iphone but the coverage in my area for at&t is non existent.
    Last edited by HisNameIsOpenSource; 08-10-09 at 05:06 PM.
    07-16-09 11:08 AM
    New to BB, but not to .

Have the unibody macbook

Go to Carleton U 3rd Year
    07-16-09 08:50 PM
    Starting law school in the fall, and I just got a new MBP and a Blackberry Curve (hey, it was FREE!!!). I think it's ridiculous that RIM doesn't have a native app for blackberry/mac users. No way on the iPhone.

Only problem for me now is since using pocketmac, my mom's birthday (on march 23) shows up on my front screen (i have a today theme), what the heck? And also, my phone no longer recognizes that I have the SD card there when I do!!! Eeeeeek!!
    07-18-09 12:05 PM
    Ive been a Mac fan for a few years now. They make great products. Cant wait until I can actually sync my Berry with it... That will be the icing on the cake.
    07-18-09 11:30 PM
    Recently converted. I trashed my windows machine a few months back for a MacBook and don't regret it. It's the best machine I have ever owned and I hope I never have to go back.
    07-19-09 01:33 AM
    I have been using a mac for ages i love them i currently have a macbook 13inch 2.Ghz core duo 4gb 160gb and a imac which is the family computer i love apple's and blackberry's 
    07-19-09 06:37 PM
    I switched to a mac 4 years back after 15 years on a PC. I have to say, life has been much easier since then. heh

I'm new to BB though, so hoping that BB + Mac doesn't make me pull my hair out.. hahha
    07-20-09 03:13 AM
    I switched to a mac 4 years back after 15 years on a PC. I have to say, life has been much easier since then. heh

I'm new to BB though, so hoping that BB + Mac doesn't make me pull my hair out.. hahha
    Start pulling!!
    07-20-09 03:21 AM
    Bought a mac pro the other week

Using windows for so long means the transition is very slow and quite often I found myself going back onto the laptop xp

things like multiple windows and the right click left click mouse is what I am used to and whilst I am sure apple has something similar I have yet to find it

I accept it's me but it's a pain never the less
    07-21-09 02:20 PM
    Bought a mac pro the other week

Using windows for so long means the transition is very slow and quite often I found myself going back onto the laptop xp

things like multiple windows and the right click left click mouse is what I am used to and whilst I am sure apple has something similar I have yet to find it

I accept it's me but it's a pain never the less
    Multiple windows? Not sure why U don't have multiple windows. Right/left click can be done also. I believe it's 2 fingers & click on the trackpad to get it to work. Memory on that is a bit vague because I have my trackpad disabled- use a bluetooth mouse instead.

Someone that uses the trackpad exclusively can better answer that.
    07-21-09 02:35 PM
    to right click is two fingers on the trackpad and click or control click i think that two fingers and click is easier than two mouse button but thats just my opinion
    07-21-09 02:36 PM
    to right click is two fingers on the trackpad and click or control click i think that two fingers and click is easier than two mouse button but thats just my opinion
    In my case, I have extremely long fingernail which makes the use of the trackpad for me a pain in the...
    Using a mouse is a 1000x's better for me & more productive.
    07-21-09 02:44 PM
    holy crap! mac desktop manager coming! that's WONDERFUL!
    07-21-09 05:17 PM
    holy crap! mac desktop manager coming! that's WONDERFUL!
    ^_^ Agreed!
    07-21-09 05:30 PM
    Have you thought about ditching Parallels & using something else so that you don't have to use the Dell?
    Nah, I'm content using the Dell for now. I found out I can update my blackberry using the desktop manager on Parallels, but not using the apploader. I can still do all my important things with my mac, like syncing my calender and transferring music or pictures.

Can't wait for Mac desktop manager to come out ^_^
    07-21-09 05:32 PM
    Now this is a group I can get with! Im runnin a Mackbook Pro, Silver. Just upgraded to Leopard, and I have a BB Bold. Trying to get it to sync with Pocket Mac right now actually. Could use some help with that fam! Who's out there and can offer some assistance! I need to back this thing up and ship it off to Rogers for a replacement phone. My BB is dropping madd calls.
    07-21-09 06:40 PM
    I can't wait for Desktop Manager for Mac! That was the ONE thing I really didnt like when i decided to get my MacBook and after that I'll have nothing to complain about anymore. So excited!
    07-21-09 07:28 PM
    I can't wait for Desktop Manager for Mac! That was the ONE thing I really didnt like when i decided to get my MacBook and after that I'll have nothing to complain about anymore. So excited!
    Knowing exactly what U mean!!!
    07-21-09 07:43 PM
    15" MacBook Pro, 2.53 GHz, 4GB RAM, 300GB HD. Apples and BlackBerries, my mom would be proud that I'm getting my daily serving of fruit. Can't wait till September! I've been using VM Ware Fusion and XP for Desktop Manager syncing, but it is less than ideal in my opinion.
    07-22-09 01:24 AM
    I use a Mac. I love it. It always runs smoothly and quickly. Not to mention my MBP's display is extremely nice.
    07-23-09 09:19 PM
    I actually use Apple (macBook Pro) and PC. My PC is built as a gaming rig. In fact it's so gaming rig that it has 3 120MM fans w/ 4 green LCD's in each :-D .

So anything important is usually done on my Lappy One of these days I'll get a good linux distro running on my PC and rid my life of Windows one and for all!
    07-23-09 09:27 PM
    I have an iMac and a MacBookPro. The MBP will be my primary computer for the next 2 years or so, seeing I will be away at college.
    07-24-09 02:36 PM
    I'm a first time mac user. Bought my First MacBook Pro straight after WWDC ended

Love the Mac.. imho way way way better then windows! Once you go mac you never go back haha! Role on September for DM
    07-25-09 04:15 PM
    I'm not an  addict, but I use it daily.

ibook G4
    Mac Mini 1.42

(the old, now unsupported PPC macs)

But I also use Linux and Vista.

IMO, there's room for everyone, and they're ALL fun. Guess I'm a true geek now. LOL
    07-25-09 04:59 PM
966 ... 2425262728 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD