07-08-12 07:38 PM
966 ... 2122232425 ...
tools
    Definitely!
    I knew macs would probably be the best and my extensive research has only reinforced my belief. I just need to pick either the macbook or the pro.

And Apple comes out with an upgrade (in some way) almost every year. So by the time you want another laptop/computer there should be another amazing mac out.
    When I got my 1st iPod, all I could think was, wow...this is cool. Then I got the iPhone & iTouch and woke up one day & said to myself, "I want a MacBook."

& what you said about Apple & their upgrades....you're right. By the time I am ready for an upgrade, Apple will more than likely have something else phenomenal out there.
    05-10-09 06:11 PM
    Apple has a way to make their customers happy with almost every release of new hardware/software.

I can honestly say my white macbook was and will be, till I get my Mac Pro, the best computer I've ever purchased.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-11-09 08:41 AM
    I'd agree there but, I've suffered 2 dead optical drives on my MBP and they finally swapped the whole type of drive out for the same model that's in my wife's macbook.....hopefully that means I won't have as much trouble but I still don't like the fact that it took that many tries to get a drive that works, why they couldn't just swap the drive out to a good one to begin with is beyond me
    05-11-09 01:57 PM
    I dunno...

05-11-09 02:26 PM
    I'd agree there but, I've suffered 2 dead optical drives on my MBP and they finally swapped the whole type of drive out for the same model that's in my wife's macbook.....hopefully that means I won't have as much trouble but I still don't like the fact that it took that many tries to get a drive that works, why they couldn't just swap the drive out to a good one to begin with is beyond me :(
    Here's another way to look at what you just said.....
    What are the chances that everyone with a MBP has a bad drive? Your post reads as though they purposely gave you bad drives.

Also, keep in mind that swapping for the same type your wife has- they didn't have to do because theoretically, if it's the one that came in yours, they would have swapped it out with that type to begin with.

They actually did for you what they didn't have to. They could have kept swapping you the same drive.
    05-11-09 03:14 PM
    actually, the original request was that if there were a different drive available that'd fit into the laptop, that it be swapped in and I'd be willing to flat out pay for the different drive......because in looking on the net there were tons of people complaining about the drive that was in this MBP with tons of reading problems.....but, I still wouldn't buy anything but a mac for a laptop, just like I wouldn't buy any phone other than a blackberry
    05-11-09 04:12 PM
    I didn't even know you could get a different drive for any of the macbooks. Are there faster slot-loading super drives?

05-12-09 08:41 PM
    I'm not sure that it's a faster drive, just not an LG mfg'd drive....

though, that drive that was in, I'm almost positive under a bootcamp'd windows install I'd have been able to use as a lightscribe drive, since the drive had the same model number as the LG lightscribe burner in my windows fileserver lol
    05-12-09 09:56 PM
    been a mac user for 3+ years and I've had an iphone since they came out. Was hesitant to switch to BB, especially with what appears to be mac syncing issues.
    Ordered my bold today, lets hope i dont regret this. Holding onto my iphone for about a month incase I hate it.
    05-12-09 10:06 PM
    Got a macbook pro 17" and imac 20" that I run vmware fusion with XP, Vista and now Windows7. I use missing sync only to sync my Curve 8330. Also have a ipod touch to give me a complete solution.
    05-12-09 10:20 PM
    Got a macbook pro 17" and imac 20" that I run vmware fusion with XP, Vista and now Windows7. I use missing sync only to sync my Curve 8330. Also have a ipod touch to give me a complete solution.
    Just curious- why are you running so many versions of windows?
    05-12-09 11:14 PM
    Lol I was testing them out along with Ubuntu 9. XP is the only one I use for work apps.

05-12-09 11:23 PM
    I typically run a win7, xp, and 98 VM on mine, and one of whatever flavor of *nix someone has recommended at the time, it makes for much simpler cross platform compatibility testing for coding projects.....lol
    05-13-09 02:29 AM
    I only run XP with VM, i boot into Windows 7 via bootcamp for full resources for gaming and such, i run autocad, desktop manger, and utorrent via XP, and i also sync my Bold with XP, havnt figured a way to get my address book over into outlook
    05-13-09 04:58 PM
    Yes, I went mac and never looked back. Emulate via VMware fusion xp pro as needed. macbook 2.2ghz core2duo with 4 gb ram.

The biggest issue is tethering the blackberry to the mac. I had the sprint unlimited plan and heard of other people doing it in mac and windows, but I couldn't for whatever reasons even following the instructions.

So I decided to try tetherberry. It works fine in windows, but for the mac I am still trying to get it to find the device, let alone connect. I will continue to test because I want to have a native mac connection, although there is a way to port the vmware fusion xp internet connection to the mac.
    05-16-09 06:51 PM
    Switched over to a macbook about a year ago and now I am trying 2 get all of my friends 2 switch over, I can never go back 2 a windows machine.
    05-17-09 01:11 PM
    Hi everyone. Mac user here for over 15 years, but just got my first BB Pearl. A little overwhelming at first, definitely not as user friendly and polished as Apple stuff but enjoying it anyway. No luck for me on using PocketMac, just gives me an error. I can't live without it for now anyway.

Only major problem I am having right now is email I send from Mail on my mac disappears in cyberspace... nothing arrives at my BB. The odd thing is that if I send an email from my BB to the mac and reply to THAT email, I will get the reply back on my BB. What is wrong there?

Running Mac OS 10.5.7
    Last edited by jabohn; 05-18-09 at 02:03 AM.
    05-18-09 02:01 AM
    I am a proud BB user who uses a Mac

No iPhone though.
    05-18-09 05:30 AM
    i am using a macbook pro 15 and cant sync my 'berry at all. do you have any tips, i have pocketmac and it does not work at all.
    Help!!!!
    05-18-09 05:10 PM
    i am using a macbook pro 15 and cant sync my 'berry at all. do you have any tips, i have pocketmac and it does not work at all.
    Help!!!!
    Pocketmac hasn't worked for many people but it has for others. There are some new drivers that seem to help from their site, I believe it's on RIM's site too. I use missing sync version 1 and it works well. Many users have good and bad experiences with both programs, so try both.
    05-18-09 05:32 PM
    another proud  user here. still looking for a quick and free solution to tether my 8330 to my macbook. im on the sprint everything plus refferal program.
    05-19-09 01:24 PM
    Be careful with that tethering thing- don't want it to come back and haunt you.
    05-19-09 01:26 PM
    well ive previously had a WM phone which had an 'internet sharing' app preloaded on it, which i could use and tether to my macbook via bluetooth or usb for free. i did it for severals months with no charges. nonetheless, the BB is far superior
    05-19-09 01:32 PM
    Mac Lover.

Have my Macbook Pro in one hand...and my Curve in the other.
    05-21-09 05:43 PM
    Wish there was a app that would transfer my playlist and bookmarks and all info from my Mac to the Storm. PocketMac blows, Blackberry Media sybc is nice but doesn't do it all.
    Missing sync?

I use missing sync and pocket mac...but I'm not on the complete up and up with the bb yet...
    05-21-09 05:45 PM
966 ... 2122232425 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD