07-08-12 07:38 PM
966 ... 1314151617 ...
tools
    If someone is successfully running PocketMac with a blackberry storm 9530, could you please reply to this with your settings under options>Memory> and list what you have for each. I have trolled through the internet trying to find a working answer for this and am...(gasp)....actually about to call tech support. Please free me from this misery.

Thanks,
    02-24-09 05:30 PM
    been a mac user for 11 years now. and absolutely no plans of switching to the other side.
    02-24-09 06:20 PM
    @thinkamp if you mean upgrading your BB device OS, there is no current way to do it on a Mac. Missing Sync 2.0 adds some cool features (bluetooth sync is dead simple), PocketMac will also do the job for contacts, etc.

Altho I find using Google for my calendar, which syncs well with iCal, and Address Book for contacts + GoogleSync for BB, I only plug in once in awhile to backup the device.

Longtime Mac user (tho I make my living supporting Windows), my first BB is a Curve, and I finally understand why they got tagged Crackberry!

I gave up an iPhone for this little device, and have no regrets.
    Last edited by marcotor; 02-25-09 at 12:37 AM.
    02-25-09 12:32 AM
    Mac User here! My name is Brandie and I have been a Mac User since November 2007. I currently have a MacBook Pro 2.4gHz, 4GB Memory, and 250GB hard drive. I will never go back to PC's again. I have turned my Mom, and some friends on to Macs. They all agree they won't go back to PC's. I just used PocketMac to sync with my Mac with my Blackberry Curve. I am getting a replacement BlackBerry and this is going to be much easier then adding everything to the BlackBerry manually. Also, I have an iPod Touch, iPod Nano in red, and the Apple Airport router. I get so aggravated now when I use the Dell computers at my place of employment. Hopefully BlackBerry will come out with the software soon so you can use a Mac to updated the software on a Blackberry.

Brandie
    02-25-09 05:57 AM
    MacBook PRO 17" - 2.5 ghz, 200gb HD - 7200rpm

Running :

Missing Sync 2.0.0 - Leopard 10.5.6

Desktop manager 4.7 on VMware Fusion 2.0.2
    02-25-09 06:49 AM
    MB Pro 17", 4G RAM, 250G HDD. Converted almost a year ago and loving it

I run XP under Fusion, though I have to tell you, it's the best Windoze machine in the world!!! The only reasons for this are to use Outlook and DM for BB. Once we get a good port of Outlook on the Mac and RIM gets their $%#* together and releases a USABLE DM - then I'll finally be rid of Windoze forever.

The signature says it all...
    02-25-09 03:05 PM
    I pledge allegiance to the Mac and all things Apple related (except for the iPhone), and to all of those standards for whom Apple stands: One Nation under Jobs, indivisible, with Connectivity and Freedom from Viruses for all.
    02-25-09 10:07 PM
    It's somewhat ironic how there is a thread dedicated to pronouncing our loves of Mac computers while we're on a site devoted to BlackBerries, often involving people dissing the Apple iPhone...

Anyway, I adore my 20" iMac - best computer I've ever owned. And once you go Mac, you can never go back. It is simply just the way that a computing experience should be, absolutely amazing. Barely any bugs, no viruses, no annoying Windows gripes!

Thank goodness for all of the developers who are making syncing Mac (best computers) with our lovely BlackBerries (best smartphones) -- it's a win win.

02-26-09 07:52 PM
    Mac OSx. Don't know all ends of it buy LUVVVV it.
    02-26-09 07:55 PM
    It's somewhat ironic how there is a thread dedicated to pronouncing our loves of Mac computers while we're on a site devoted to BlackBerries, often involving people dissing the Apple iPhone...

Anyway, I adore my 20" iMac - best computer I've ever owned. And once you go Mac, you can never go back. It is simply just the way that a computing experience should be, absolutely amazing. Barely any bugs, no viruses, no annoying Windows gripes!

Thank goodness for all of the developers who are making syncing Mac (best computers) with our lovely BlackBerries (best smartphones) -- it's a win win.

I appreciate you sharing your thoughts. There are people that diss the iPhone, others love it to death. I think dissing is going to happen, no matter what- no matter what product. People dont know how to agree to disagree and every opinion becomes a tug of war.
    02-26-09 11:29 PM
    That's true... how many times have we all argued with our Wintel friends over the merits of Mac?
    02-27-09 10:59 AM
    Hi
    MBP since Nov 2007, love it.
    Sold iphone and got BB Bold this week.
    used pocket mac for contacts & calendar.
    still to do music in itune, needs sd card first.

Just joined crackberry to-day.
    02-27-09 07:49 PM
    Greetings!

I have a MBP 17" (corporate use) and a MB 13" white (both running 10.5.6). Using Missing Sync 2.0 to sync with a Storm and Curve over bluetooth.

Jim
    02-28-09 11:33 AM
    Mac user since 1988. Crackberry user since buying an 8310 last summer without making sure it wasn’t effectively a Windows-only device. Going to try one more time to upgrade to a more recent OS (my carrier sucks in that regard) before finally giving up on it and moving to a G1 or similar. But while typing this I remembered that I left it at work yesterday…**le sigh*
    02-28-09 11:53 AM
    Just got my first Macbook 13 inch OS X 120 g Intel Core 2 Duo 2GB DDR2 Memory blah blah blah and I love it.
    I just broke down and got my first Bberry 8330 on Wednesday. I dont know what I was waiting for. I'm loving both!!!

Oh and !!!!
    Last edited by Suede531; 02-28-09 at 03:39 PM.
    02-28-09 03:34 PM
    I am currently going through MacBook withdrawal. I had to take mine in because it was cracking around the edges of the palm rest.

Those of you with the white/black book may know what I am talking about. It seems that the 2 separators that keep the screen from touching the keyboard when closed tend to cause a little undue pressure on the edges.

I thought when I went to the Apple store that I would get it fixed yesterday, but they made me leave it. I was hoping they would fix it right away based on my good looks and charm- instead they sent me out with a receipt.
    03-01-09 12:04 AM
    I am currently going through MacBook withdrawal. I had to take mine in because it was cracking around the edges of the palm rest.

Those of you with the white/black book may know what I am talking about. It seems that the 2 separators that keep the screen from touching the keyboard when closed tend to cause a little undue pressure on the edges.

I thought when I went to the Apple store that I would get it fixed yesterday, but they made me leave it. I was hoping they would fix it right away based on my good looks and charm- instead they sent me out with a receipt.
    I had the same thing happen to mine. I haven't taken mine in yet, I don't know what I would do for 3 days without my macbook.
    03-01-09 12:36 AM
    Mac addict here. Been on Mac since 2006...Macbook Pro 1st gen Intel chip...just upgraded to Unibody Macbook Pro 15". Owns touch, 2G and 3G iphone, ipod classic. Just got a BB Storm for work..for play, hard to beat Iphone 3G/Touch.
    03-01-09 01:24 AM
    Early 2008 MBP for me, an iMac for my son the artist
    03-01-09 01:40 AM
    1) MacBook Pro 15" - 2.4GHz Intel Duo - 4gb Ram - Leopard - for Graphic Design & Media
    2) iBook 15" - 800MHz - 640 Ram - Tiger - for movie playing on 62" HD
    3) PC running dual boot Vista Ultimate and Leopard - 3.2GHz - 4gb Ram - for misc stuff.

Using doubleTwist app for media sync and Missing Sync for address book for Verizon Blackberry Storm

03-02-09 12:15 AM
    Macbook Pro 17" Goodness, 30" ACD connected to it when at Home Office, also have a Mac Pro, but going to probably sell that to buy the New 17" MBP, and give this MBP to my wife since she just pondered throwing her Dell XPS at the Wall...
    03-15-09 01:32 PM
     rules. Macbook, OSX 10.5.6, 2GH Intel Core 2 Duo, 2GB. BB Bold 9000. Pocketmac wouldn't recognize my 2GB card to synch iTunes&iPhoto from Mac to BB. Ended up downloading BB Media Sync but doesn't support photos.
    03-15-09 04:56 PM
     Help! I'm newbie to the BB Storm (2nd day now) and I'm struggling to get the two to synch. Any referrals advice? Pocketmac 'unexpectedly quits'.
    03-15-09 05:54 PM
    ok, I have a bb 8320 (tmobile) a MBP. When I found out about 4.5, the hassle of no mac support with tmoblie, then rim, etc. I tried -- with trepedation -- parallels + windows 7 beta. After a very frustrating few hours (how can anyone ever, ever, use windows or any microsoft product?????) I got both up, connected, networked, etc. downloaded the bb deskop, update installer, device update. here is the problem: windows could not recognized the device. Parallels had it correctly configured to work with windows, knew it was the bb, etc. Windows would not do it. after several un/re installs, I give up. no os 4.5 here. If anyone figures out how to do this, I'd like to hear it.

also, windows would not do bluetooth, so that didn't allow a work around either.

UGGGHHHHH
    03-15-09 07:08 PM
    I have 2.6 MBP, bb curve. never got pocket mac to work properly. Missing sync works fine, now via bluetooth.
    03-15-09 07:10 PM
966 ... 1314151617 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD