07-08-12 08:38 PM
966 ... 1112131415 ...
tools
    I use both PC and Mac. I spend most the time on my 15" Mac Book Pro. I use to use Parallels with Vista OS. Didn't have a good experience trying to use my 8830. Now I have issues just using my Storm on Mac with Pocket Mac and the Missing Sync. Very frustrated have lost contacts and now had data from phone sycn'd.
    02-04-09 11:57 PM
    I think it's your BlackBerry's problem. The videos may be DRM-free, yet may not be a supported format. All of iTunes videos are QuickTime-based (MP4 is QuickTime), and I don't think BlackBerry supports QuickTime playback. Unfortunately, that's something we have to wait for BlackBerry to implement.
    no, the vids aren't drm free, and mp4 isn't always quicktime, blackberrys can handle mp4's just fine, it's just a matter of which MP4 video and audio codecs are used for the video. if the vids were DRM free, you could pipe them through media manager and when it asks you to convert and copy it'd set the codecs at whatever the BB can use, and it'd be fine. it's how I've got tons of vids for my phone via youtube/keepvid.com (find youtube vid, copy address, paste to keepvid.com, download the mp4 version, feed through media manager to the BB and viola, works like a champ)
    02-08-09 01:27 AM
    Im using a  Mac Pro with Windows XP running on bootcamp for my blackberry
    02-08-09 01:55 AM
    I've been a Mac user for about 48 hours now! My wife and I just bought a Macbook (160G) and I can't wait to learn all the in's and out's of the Mac world... I did already bluetooth some images from my 8330 to the Mac. I'm in love...
    02-08-09 02:28 AM
    Sorry to post 2 in a row, but I am actually posting from my Mac for the FIRST TIME!! This is monumental and I am glad you are all here to witness it with me! 
    02-09-09 12:30 AM
    I am a new Macbook user as well. Was able to pick up a Black MB from apple.com as a refurb. I am so glad I did. I was going to run windows on my mac but I am just going to make my old laptop my "BB only laptop".
    02-09-09 01:00 AM
    Ok guys. Mac user here... Just wanted to share some quick info about the storm and all the upgrades. I have a Mac and as all of you know RIM has not produced a desktop utility for the blackberry yet. Just an FYI for people:

I have finally found a good windows emulation to use to upgrade my blackberry storm.

VMWare Fusion

I tried everything...bootcamp is annoying (booting and rebooting back and forth)... parallels desktop didn't work with updating, it just hung half way through.

Just wanted everybody to know I finally had success with updates through VMware. It runs in a little window right on your current mac screen.

Once you go Mac, you never go back!
    02-09-09 01:27 PM
    vtone:
    I cannot get the Pocket Mac to work with my Storm. Have an iMac with Leopard. What's the trick?
    02-09-09 05:38 PM
    vtone:
    I cannot get the Pocket Mac to work with my Storm. Have an iMac with Leopard. What's the trick?
    I just saw this on the CB main page. The Missing Sync for BlackBerry v2.0 Now Available | CrackBerry.com

I personally still use my xp laptop for all my BB stuff. If I were to load windows on my mac, I would probably go the VMWare Fusion route.
    02-10-09 12:09 AM
    mac mini! aw yea! and bb pearl gonna figure out how to upgrade tonight! os v.5 here i come!
    02-10-09 03:35 AM
    Mac Addict! I have a MacBook Pro (Santa Rosa) 2.4 GHz Core 2 Duo with a black incase hard casing and an iMac Core Duo. I sync my BlackBerry Bold and used to sync my BlackBerry Curve via PocketMac. I just sold my iPhone 3G 16 GB (white) last Wednesday night (2/4) to be back on the BlackBerry, BlackBerry Bold.
    02-10-09 03:53 AM
    I'm a mac user, I have a Penryn Macbook Pro, i always buy things from iTunes, i know that iTunes musics are FREE now. When i want convert videos to any popular format, I often choose iSkysoft which is a professional.
    Cheerings!
    02-10-09 04:10 AM
    I usually use handbrake for pulling DVD's to mp4 (set it to rip for an ipod and it'll put you in the sweet spot for the size/quality for a BB) and quicktime pro for converting other formats to mp4 for the 'berry.....
    02-10-09 09:33 AM
    i have a mac and i just got a new bb9000
    02-10-09 02:45 PM
    I'm a mac addict too.
    An now I'm a blackberry fun and going to buy the new 8900.
    Ciao
    02-10-09 04:59 PM
    I am not hiding I am a resident in the care home for people driven insane with Mac / BB / GTD issues and my internet access is limited. Tonight we are having jello and getting a movie (gone with the wind)

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-11-09 12:05 PM
    I have a 2.2ghz macbook and a storm. They don't get along but Judith (my mac) is the queen. I like the storm but I think ill move to another bb when I can.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-11-09 04:01 PM
    black macbook user. just got the 8900.
    slightly annoyed with the lack of compatibility but i'll live.
    02-12-09 12:24 AM
    I love my MBP 2.53GHz 4GB memory 320GB HD and my Storm!!!! I also use VMWare for desktop manager and use pocketmac for blackberry... works great!!!!
    02-12-09 05:21 PM
    I love my Mac as well! Forget the PC, mac doesn't crash and is fun to use. The only downside...no updating BB OS with a Mac. I guess I will have to find someone's PC to use! I have heard a rumor that someone is making a better interface between Mac and BB. Hopefully it will come soon.
    02-12-09 07:57 PM
    hi my name is jim and i'm mac addict!! i can't live without my macbook

no virus for real no norton here lol
    02-12-09 09:13 PM
    I love my Mac as well! Forget the PC, mac doesn't crash and is fun to use. The only downside...no updating BB OS with a Mac. I guess I will have to find someone's PC to use! I have heard a rumor that someone is making a better interface between Mac and BB. Hopefully it will come soon.
    run VMware and use the bb manager on that to update...
    02-12-09 11:51 PM
    someone there knows that well enough
    02-13-09 11:20 PM
    someone there knows that well enough
    haha btw folks.... he is the only reason why I know this, or why I even have my MBP. I DO have to give him credit:-D Hes the best!
    02-14-09 01:40 AM
    I can say that I am a hardcore computer user, I use one everyday for multiple hours on end. I've recently purchased my 2nd Mac which is a late 08 Macbook Pro and I love it. My 1st macbook (old school white one) I couldn't stand. I dont know what it was about it but it was such a turnoff to me. Was more of an impulse buy for me than anything.

But I still use my PC more because its my desktop, and I use my MBP mostly when I'm at work or out and about.

I can honestly say I prefer OS/X over Windows as its very stable and easy to use *once you get used to it* but the new Windows 7 will be a nice treat as I'm beta testing it on my Desktop right now.

So I can't swear allegiance to the Mac crowd, but its slowly converting me over as I am thinking about getting an Imac.. lol
    02-15-09 12:06 AM
966 ... 1112131415 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD