07-08-12 08:38 PM
966 ... 1011121314 ...
tools
    ......windows 7 beta iso + vmware = working windows virtual machine, I agree, if the only thing you need it for, it's not worth the headache, however, there are some things that winblows is handy to have.....

I do agree, the current solution for BB's is crappy for mac users, however, a little is better than nothing......and when it's an arguement of BB with its little bit of support on the mac, vs iphone, I'll take the little bit of work that a mac requires to get it able to do the non-sync stuff....
    01-28-09 12:44 AM
    Dude, VMware is not a viable option unless you already have a platform for another purpose. Why would someone go to the trouble of building a windows machine in VMware for a OS update? Thats plainly ridiculous to have to go to those lengths for an update.

I have both types of machine but it's obvious to anyone who has been on both sides of the coin that right now Windows users get the good end of the deal and Mac users just get a joke package. Until RIM develop something that can meet the functionality of desktop manager in windows my blackberry will continue to be sync'd in windows.

No OS updates, no software installs and no back-up's? That is just a joke.

This isn't a Windows vs Mac debate, it's just a fact that the Mac work arounds are rubbish half arsed attempts at appeasing Mac users.

This isn't a viable solution and is entirely stupid for normal users to have to deal with.
    Nailed it.

Normal users shouldnt have to have this kind of workaround.

However, I always prefer the complicated way out, and use VMware to use BB Desktop manager.

I really hope RIM fixes its stuff for the next update to Pocket Mac.

But, Apple has made it rather too easy to use/install windows on a Mac, and it's almost instantaneous now that I dont even bother to look for a Mac alternative
    01-29-09 07:40 PM
    I love my storm more than life
    and my mac to i have a new pro
    but for the life of me i cant get the pocket mac software to work
    i want some movies on my phone any advice
    01-29-09 07:53 PM
    Just like everyone's been saying, VMware works, but I personally run Parallels 4.0 for my Mac. It works flawlessly... up to you...
    01-29-09 08:31 PM
    I've gotten pocket mac to work on a storm, but, I honestly don't remember how I did it.....I was remote desktop'd into a friend's new mac when I set it all up for her....but, we also set up vmware with XP for OS updates and such....if you want, shoot me a PM with your aim ID and when I get home I'll catch ya on there and see what I can do as far as remembering what we did to get it to work....
    01-29-09 08:52 PM
    I know that there is an entire section of the CB forum devoted to Mac Users, but I wanted to create a specific thread for everyone to pronounce their allegiance lol I figured... if there is a thread devoted to BlackBerry Addicts... then there should be a similar one for Mac Users!

I have been a Mac User my whole life, and I absolutely love it!! Now, I hope this does not turn into a flame war... or anything along those lines, so if you are not a Mac User and only feel like bashing... please refrain and leave it outta this thread. Exercise some open-mindedness here



Currently, I am running a Macbook Pro 17" (Leopard). I also use Windows XP Pro SP3 (running on VMWare Fusion) for my Berry. On top of that, I use PocketMac to sync with iCal, etc. I thought it would be cool if people posted the Mac(s) they are using and how they sync their Berry, etc.

So... all you Mac Users out there... have at it!! And throw up a '' to show you are 'legit'

How do you do the square?
    I have an air and a 8900 bb. I use pocket mac but it is not syncing right with my bb. It wont sync with my emails... I am pulling out my hair.
    01-29-09 11:57 PM
    yeah! pocketmac does not recognize my bb storm either. but what i really need is a program that allows me to update my bb os on my mac
    01-30-09 12:05 AM
    i have Mac Pro G5 that i love and with the last pocketmac device update my storm sync'd perfectly itunes Icalendar and all my contacts, i love love love it!
    01-30-09 02:36 PM
    Semi new to my blackberry storm... but long time mac user... Personally it disgusted me all the people in here running windoze on their machines... but thats not the topic.... The only thing that really pisses me off is that I am running missing sync and I tried to sync my itunes library.... Only 14 songs of 500 purchased will work... WHY ITUNES? If you say DRM i will kick your ***, I know it is the DRM but What i do not understand is the fact that all the songs I am trying to sync were purchased and NONE of them are itunes plus so they all should be DRMed but there are a few that have no DRM on them at all.... and that really bothers me how they can sell two products at once for the same price.. but the kicker is you might say its an inde artist, but I have two albums from the same artist, doesnt matter who because taste is irrelevant, but I have two albums which is about 25ish songs right? Only one of the songs from either album syncs.... ftw itunes?

Sorry about the Long rant... I love mac and I love my storm.... Two great products with even greater communities to help and be reasourceful....
    02-01-09 02:10 PM
    ya know.......if you had half a point of common sense, you'd know that itunes music is all DRM locked to devices approved to use them via itunes, and since the BB doesn't sync via itunes, it won't accept the DRM files......

go pay the whatever fee to convert all of your DRM'd files to non-drm files so you can use them on your BB, or, burn them to audio CD's and then re-rip the files to MP3's so they're not DRM'd and use those ones....
    02-01-09 07:01 PM
    ya know.......if you had half a point of common sense, you'd know that itunes music is all DRM locked to devices approved to use them via itunes, and since the BB doesn't sync via itunes, it won't accept the DRM files......

go pay the whatever fee to convert all of your DRM'd files to non-drm files so you can use them on your BB, or, burn them to audio CD's and then re-rip the files to MP3's so they're not DRM'd and use those ones....
    Ummmm if I had half a point of common sense... Like the thing by Thomas Paine??? Dude... I said that some of it was not DRM'ed and itunes will let me sync it through the missing sync.... Trust me... over 2 hours spent messing with it, So I know of every available option... the rant was why some music from itunes was not DRM'ed..............
    02-01-09 07:21 PM
    I never touched a mac until 2007 when my brother-in-law would flaunt it around while I kept telling him my sony vaio was better

later that day my vaio got a virus and croked, lol

So I got to play with his macbook...got hooked...went into an apple store for the first time (WOW) and it was there when it happened...

I took full advantage of the friendly customer service and learned everything there was to know about macs...went online and did all the tutorials/etc..

So that Friday I bought my first macbook and kept it for a year. I had the black one which I regretted getting that color because I was constantly cleaning it or else it would look filthy.

So last week I sold it on ebay and upgraded to the new aluminum macbook 2.4GHz 250GB and OMG this thang is smooth as silk!

I'm hooked on mac products. Every mp3 player I'ved owned has been an iPod and I'm buying another macbook next Friday for my wife! She also loves it!

As a matter of fact everyone I convince to play around with my macbook gets hooked on how cool it is

By being in the military I can get the office 2008 for $20 bucks so it's awsome!

This new macbook is amazing! It's much lighter and a lot sleeker. The new mousepad is genius.

I wish there was a much better blackberry desktop software worthy of running on OSX.
    02-02-09 12:22 AM

I read online that iTunes 8 is supposed to be DRM free.

When I use pocketmac sync it allows me to sync and choose playlists etc... I can get all the music I want but when it comes to videos I still can't view them

Not sure if the DRM thing isn't what it's promised or just the Storm OS problem
    02-02-09 12:26 AM
    I'm a designer rocking a 24" Aluminum iMac on the desk, and a 14" iBook on the go. Being a faithful mac snob for about 5 years, I initially wanted an iPhone...Let's just say I hit the ground running with my BlackBerry and I'm not looking back.
    02-02-09 01:02 AM

When I use pocketmac sync it allows me to sync and choose playlists etc... I can get all the music I want but when it comes to videos I still can't view them

you read a partial story, or just plain wrong info.....new MUSIC purchases after a certain date are non-drm, video always is, and your old music purchases can be "upgraded" (higher bitrate and non-drm) for $0.30/song
    02-02-09 08:24 AM
    Mac user here 
    02-02-09 08:35 AM
    I'm a new Mac user (love it) and a long time Blackberry user (also love it). HOWEVER, I HATE the two together. I've had NOTHING but problems trying to sync contacts and calendars. I've tried PocketMac AND Missing Sync. I'm at a loss. SOMEONE please help!
    02-03-09 03:04 PM
    did you go to pocketmac's site and get the compatibility pack that they have posted?
    02-03-09 03:42 PM
    My Wife and I are both MAC users and Love them. I will never go back to a PC. Especially when you can run a Windows OS on a MAC. Need to have for upgrading my storm to all these leaked OS's.

IMAC 20 in 2.6 ghz 4g ram 
    Macbook 13 2.4 ghz 2g ram

Storm 4.7.99 the best by far!

Love them. 
    02-04-09 04:31 PM
    I'm a new Mac user (love it) and a long time Blackberry user (also love it). HOWEVER, I HATE the two together. I've had NOTHING but problems trying to sync contacts and calendars. I've tried PocketMac AND Missing Sync. I'm at a loss. SOMEONE please help!

Missing sync for Blackberry. Cost 39.99 but well worth it had no problems.

I know, I wish RIM would consider us Mac users a little more.

http://www.markspace.com/products/bl...ware.html:eek:
    02-04-09 04:34 PM
    Hey gang Im new here and a mac user home/work..Planning on getting 8830 from vzn this weekend, hope its the right choice I never owned one before, but was impressed with it, over a few other phones I checked out...Should I be worried or excited with it being able to sync with my mac? I read on here that a more MAC friendly software updater is coming?
    02-04-09 04:49 PM
    SOMEBODY HAVE A SOLUTION FOR POCKETMAC CONTACTS SYNC?

I have not been able to load my Address Book contacts on my BlackBerry Curve 8330 after I wiped the thing. I use PocketMac Sync, which syncs everything but the contacts. Whenever it gets to the point of syncing contacts it just freezes there.

Does anybody have a solution? Maybe I need to clear some registry or something?

THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!
    02-04-09 11:05 PM
    if you're getting a new BB, I'd suggest a curve (8330), pearl (8130), or storm (9530) as the 8830 is a bit outdated and doesn't have nearly as many capabilites as the newer 'berries.....
    02-04-09 11:07 PM
    thinking of making the mac switch by this summer. just a quick question,

with VMware Fusion or whatever its called, do i lose any functionality of a PC? I've heard great reviews of the program but wondered if was truly just like a PC

i'm afraid i'd get homesick lol
    02-04-09 11:13 PM

I think it's your BlackBerry's problem. The videos may be DRM-free, yet may not be a supported format. All of iTunes videos are QuickTime-based (MP4 is QuickTime), and I don't think BlackBerry supports QuickTime playback. Unfortunately, that's something we have to wait for BlackBerry to implement.
    02-04-09 11:15 PM
966 ... 1011121314 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD