HELP! I just bought a Verizon Storm 9530 that came with a OS 4.7.0.75 and I want to upgrade to more recent OS.......I'm not great with computers but can follow instructions well.......Please HELP!!!!!
    02-11-09 11:26 PM
    you need to run bootcamp with windows xp or vista, or parralels/vmware fusion to emulate windows and get blackberry desktop manager for windows to install the update on windows.

I have a Mac Pro. There's no way around it... You need windows.
    02-11-09 11:27 PM
    Also, remember, these updated OS's are beta/testing versions. No official update after .75 is out yet.
    02-12-09 12:34 AM
    I'm not great with computers but can follow instructions well.......
    We figured that out when you said you were a mac user.
    02-12-09 02:56 AM
    1. Wireless upgrade (not an official OS out yet past .75 so you have to wait)
    2. Dual boot windows/os x so that you can install with windows
    3. Use a friend's windows machine
    4. Wait

Those are your options. I hope other mac users read this because it is asked all the time. Not trying to be rude, but search works well and other members wont be ask nice. You will get flamed hard unfortunately.
    02-12-09 03:07 AM
    Man, howard, that was harsh. hope it was in jest. I'm a Mac user after years of using a PC and dealing with Vista s***. I'm sure there are other Mac users that would disagree with you. And I know a lot of PC users that are not computer savvy.

1. Wireless upgrade (not an official OS out yet past .75 so you have to wait)
    2. Dual boot windows/os x so that you can install with windows
    3. Use a friend's windows machine
    4. Wait

Those are your options. I hope other mac users read this because it is asked all the time. Not trying to be rude, but search works well and other members wont be ask nice. You will get flamed hard unfortunately.
    Wise words. Search first and many of your questions will be answered. There is even a forum on this site for Mac users.
    02-12-09 09:20 AM
    Using a MB Pro here as my primary comp and after some (painful) attempts and finally using the search feature on this forum, just wanted to let you know that running windows xp/vista through parallels will NOT work. Apparently VMWare Fusion or bootcamp will, but easiest way is prob to just find a friend with windows.

us mac users get no love from RIM
    02-12-09 09:48 AM
    Ok. I Will give you a strait forward answer. Mac OS does NOT support Desktop Manager or any other software for upgrading Blackberry's. I have a program called Parallels that runs Windows and Leopard at the same time. DO NOT USE THIS! It will brick your phone. I have not tried Boot Camp yet for updating the BB but I never liked boot camp. What I ended up doing was getting an old laptop of mine and clearing it out so it only had Desktop Manager on it. Since you do have a blackberry, I suggest you find an old, used, crappy computer and put Desktop Manager on it and NOTHING ELSE! I don't even have the internet on my Blackberry updating computer (Internet=possibility of viruses) Good luck dude!
    02-12-09 09:52 AM
    lol. Ouch. I love my Mac. Period. I go to use my PC and it feels so much like old technology compared to my MBP..
    02-12-09 09:55 AM
    *DONG*
    Windows vista needs your permission to submit this post? Allow/Deny?

Anyway.. network engineer/programmer, converted to mac.. Just as my entire company full of highly intelligent network engineers.. once you get past the ego problems, you realize mac is superior in everyway. Freebsd for the core of the os just screams stability.
    02-12-09 10:05 AM
    I use Parallels and it works like a charm.
    02-12-09 10:14 AM
    I'm gonna say it one more time. VMWare Fusion. Windows XP Pro runs better under this VM than standalone on a beefier machine.
    02-12-09 10:14 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD