Just wondering why the pearl update on verizon's website is only windoze compatible..what are they smoking..??

Anyone have any suggestions on how to update my phone software,
    the update is in an .exe in which its only a windoze extension, not mac..

any input or advice would be great,
    03-01-08 12:12 PM
    Just wondering why the pearl update on verizon's website is only windoze compatible..what are they smoking..??

Anyone have any suggestions on how to update my phone software,
    the update is in an .exe in which its only a windoze extension, not mac..

any input or advice would be great,
    I also have a mac and asked this question the day this update came out, I was pretty much told I have two options. 1. Load windows on my macbook. 2. Go to the Verizon store and let them update my pearl for me. If i'm wrong feel free to correct me, i'd love to be wrong!
    03-01-08 12:26 PM
    yeah thats some bull$hit...how about they make an update for a real computer.
    03-01-08 12:41 PM
    It's all because there is no actual RIM Desktop Manager for Mac. Blame RIM, not your carrier. Hopefully you Mac-users and me, a Mac-hopefully-soon-user will be saved when they release DM for Mac. (soon!)
    03-01-08 04:00 PM
    Flake, Adlen is correct. The OS upgrade has to be done with the Desk Top Manager. As to Rim coming out with a Mac version, well, I wouldn't hold your breath. Maybe when they release OS 4.5 and that is looking like late spring.
    03-01-08 04:07 PM
    Yeah there's no need to get upset about it. Please watch your language on here. If you have a friend that has a PC, you could ask if they could download and install the software so you could update your phone from their computer.
    03-01-08 04:13 PM
    A T-Mo UK rep told me that he is expecting the update in April!
    03-01-08 04:24 PM
    Adlen is correct.
    Aren't I always correct?
    03-01-08 04:52 PM
    This is unfortunately one of two reasons I have Windows running on my MacBook Pro. The second of course is for FlexWallet app.
    03-02-08 10:06 AM
    A T-Mo UK rep told me that he is expecting the update in April!
    Mac's are becoming more and more popular now that users can also run Windows on a Mac. RIM should be aware of this and I'm sure that should be an incentive to develop a DM for Mac sooner rather than later. If an April release is planned that would be SUPER!!!! Let's keep our fingers crossed.
    03-02-08 11:04 AM
    good deal needs to happen
    03-05-08 03:43 PM
    I just got off the phone with VZW as I was a victim of the text spamming going on today. Turns out the rep told me that the stores aren't capable of doing the OS upgrade to .97, which I told her was wrong on all accounts.

Because it's not their OS upgrade, but RIM's they can't do the upgrade from their stores.

Just an FYI...
    03-05-08 09:03 PM
    I use parallels on the Mac
    03-05-08 09:29 PM
    I use my work PC to install any OS updates.
    03-06-08 05:23 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD