04-06-09 12:27 PM
30 12
tools
    Hopefully someone can help me. I'm trying to do my initail sync with usb.
    But some some reason it keeps wanting to do it over the bluetooth and always
    throws up that error saying first sync has to be done using usb. Can someone shed some light for me.

Shpanks!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-02-09 10:42 AM
    a) what software are you using to sync?
    b) have you tried shutting off bluetooth? (i dont mean it sarcastically in anyway)

also, if trying to use pocketmac, from my experiences, i havn't had any success. its known that there isn't really a solid sync program for bberry's and MAC, and i am definitely looking forward to the day it finally comes out, but good luck!
    04-02-09 10:57 AM
    I was using pocket mac but it never saw my BB. I gave up on that.

Then i tried Mark/Space

I'm not able to sync with the USB at all. It always trying to connect with bluetooth. When i turn off bluetooth it give me and error saying bluetooth is off. In pref. i have it set to auto sync or open mark/space when i plug in the USB. That doesnt work either.

I Also have a micro SD card in the BB but it doesnt even recognize that. I know the USB works because i was able to update my OS using the vista machine. BUT everything i have and live by is on my MAC. Nothing is syncing for me, i've had the phone for 2 days now and i still have no contacts or anything sync'd to my phone. I dont want to give up on it because i like this phone.

Any one that can help, please chime in. I'm starting to get desperate, i haven't really slept since yesterday afternoon due to this. (i work nights)
    04-02-09 11:14 AM
    my girlfriend was having the same problem with her Curve on her mac, I ended up just completely uninstalling missing sync and reinstalling it. I also did a battery pull on the phone and tried again. It worked fine after that.
    04-02-09 11:33 AM
    Jaydub?!

I'll have to try that again later tonight. Time work work

I've tried the battery pull also. :hsugh: Hopefully i can get this working.
    04-02-09 11:43 AM
    I was using pocket mac but it never saw my BB. I gave up on that.
    Did you completely remove PocketMac? Also, do you have the MissingSync BB app installed, and set with proper permissions?
    04-02-09 12:08 PM
    X2 on making sure PocketMac is uninstalled. OSX 10.4 was okay with both installed at the same time but when 10.5 came out for some reason Missing Sync had problems. Uninstalling Pocket Mac will cure this.
    04-02-09 02:43 PM
    Did you completely remove PocketMac? Also, do you have the MissingSync BB app installed, and set with proper permissions?
    Everything should be set to allow correct?

Its weird how it does not read the USB at all.

X2 on making sure PocketMac is uninstalled. OSX 10.4 was okay with both installed at the same time but when 10.5 came out for some reason Missing Sync had problems. Uninstalling Pocket Mac will cure this.
    I'll double check the apps. folder but im pretty sure i uninstalled it.
    04-02-09 06:40 PM
    Is it an Att bold?

04-02-09 06:44 PM
    I am using the latest ver of pocketmac on an intel mac and have no problem syncing all of my Entrourage data to my Storm, as well as iphoto & itunes via usb. Be sure to turn off BT before you connect the BB
    04-02-09 06:46 PM
    It it easy to take screen shots on the bold?

I'll post screens up showing you all what im getting.

Its really frustrating, after work i will just drink and worry about it in the AM

Still using my iPhone anyways for about a month then Bold will be its replacement. Will see what happens in June when 3.0 comes out. So far i love this damn phone!!
    04-02-09 09:06 PM
    Are you running the Media Sync program also? That will have to be uninstalled also if you are.

04-02-09 09:17 PM
    Are you running the Media Sync program also? That will have to be uninstalled also if you are.

Which one is that?

For Mark space?
    04-02-09 10:09 PM
    No the preview version of Media Sync for Mac from RIM. If you don't know about it then I'm going to assume you don't have it. Also what version of Missing Sync are you running? 1.0 or 2.0? And what Mac are you using and what OS?
    Last edited by 836byK9; 04-03-09 at 01:30 AM.
    04-03-09 01:25 AM
    Try doing this...
    Go to the Finder on the Mac and then Go to the Go menu and select Go to Folder:

Paste in this location:
    /System/Library/Extensions/

Remove any of these files and reboot the Macintosh:

RIMBBUSB.kext
    BlackBerryUSB.kext
    BlackBerryUSBDev.kext

If this doesn't work plug the USB cable directly into the computer if it is connected to a hub or a keyboard.

If it still doesn't work remove your media storage card and try that. If it works you can reinsert the card and sync normally.
    Last edited by 836byK9; 04-03-09 at 01:36 AM.
    04-03-09 01:29 AM
    No the preview version of Media Sync for Mac from RIM. If you don't know about it then I'm going to assume you don't have it. Also what version of Missing Sync are you running? 1.0 or 2.0? And what Mac are you using and what OS?
    Markspace.... it think 2.0.1
    and OSX 10.5.6
    04-04-09 01:46 PM
    Try doing this...
    Go to the Finder on the Mac and then Go to the Go menu and select Go to Folder:

Paste in this location:
    /System/Library/Extensions/

Remove any of these files and reboot the Macintosh:

RIMBBUSB.kext
    BlackBerryUSB.kext
    BlackBerryUSBDev.kext

If this doesn't work plug the USB cable directly into the computer if it is connected to a hub or a keyboard.

If it still doesn't work remove your media storage card and try that. If it works you can reinsert the card and sync normally.
    I dont see any of those in my extension folder.
    04-04-09 01:48 PM
    Ok the only other thing I can think of is to download this file from your Blackberry and install. http://mirror.markspace.com/bb2.jad You will need to reboot your phone afterward. I'm thinking maybe this hasn't been installed on your phone yet. Its the program which allows your BB and MS to communicate with each other.

***REMEMBER TO DOWNLOAD THIS FILE WITH YOUR PHONE*** It can be done on a SD card but is more tedious.
    04-04-09 02:10 PM
    I downloaded the app for the phone. It always tries to sync over BT

These are the errors i get if i turn off bluetooth on the computer

04-04-09 02:30 PM
    It wont allow me to sync when bluetooth is turned off

This is really getting frustrating, i took out the micro sd card.

Odd enough my computer doesn't even see the micro sd when its plugged , doesnt mount or anything.
    04-04-09 02:36 PM
    eff it, im gonna try 2.0 instead of 2.0.1.

5 days now and i unable to sync a thing
    04-04-09 03:38 PM
    nope that doenst work either.
    04-04-09 04:36 PM
    Are you running a firewall? If so make sure Missing Sync has application permissions. Im running out of ideas. Also what kind of Mac are you using?
    04-04-09 05:50 PM
    Only thing I'm using is little snitch. I'm running 10.5.6 mac book pro. Bought it late
    Sept 07. I have markspace that I downloaded. So far its been nothing but issues. It won't
    Sync over usb. My computer won't see the 2gb that's in there. Pocket mac doesn't work.
    I broke down and used a vista machine to sync my contacts. It deleted a lot of duplicate "mobile"
    Since I had an iphone and it had the option to have multiple "mobile numbers"
    I really like this phone I don't want to have to go back to said iphone. :t

04-05-09 04:11 AM
    My computer won't see the 2gb that's in there. Pocket mac doesn't work.
    If the drive doesn't mount at all, you're having some kind of USB problem. Have you tried a different cable? Is the USB cable connected directly (not through a hub?) Can you see the device if you connect it to a different machine?
    04-05-09 05:26 AM
30 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD