Definitely an issue, I use a PC in my work, in the machine I have the Desktop Software, at home I have a Mac also with Desktop Software... differences are huge! I wonder how come being the same software it is so different.

I have posted it before, I do not like Windows, but I have to admit that the PC version is way better than the Mac, but I have to say it, my main complain is that you cannot migrate to a newer device on Mac as easy as it is on a PC!
    07-05-10 05:20 PM
    Definitely an issue, I use a PC in my work, in the machine I have the Desktop Software, at home I have a Mac also with Desktop Software... differences are huge! I wonder how come being the same software it is so different.

I have posted it before, I do not like Windows, but I have to admit that the PC version is way better than the Mac, but I have to say it, my main complain is that you cannot migrate to a newer device on Mac as easy as it is on a PC!
    It's simple, and I quote a RIM Tech person from a year or so ago "Macs aren't real computers" (I was on a tech support call from my place of business and they were telling me I had to use a PC to back up and reinstall if I had to wipe/reset my 8300) - it is now two years later, and we still have to use a PC to upgrade our OS' if we go to blackberry.com directly.
    07-13-10 09:02 AM
    It's sad that the Desktop Manager program for Mac isn't as full as the Windows equivalent, but on the opposite hand, I'm just glad they finally released a version for Mac.

That being said, @Stereo_Pair, my impression was that upgrading the OS for Blackberry can be done with DM for Mac for official vendor upgrades only. However, what most of us do (the non-vendor specific upgrades) does require Windows DM.
    07-13-10 12:56 PM
    I'm just glad I can easily sync my itunes stuff into my bold.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-18-10 08:23 AM
    I have a pc as well as my macs, but prefer the mac DM as it blasts the pants off the pc version for sync speed. Having said that, I do a monthly backup on the pc just in case.
    07-18-10 05:40 PM

This article probably explains why DM for Mac has not been developed to the extent that is has been for Windows. 85% of Mac owners have Windows too - Apple 2.0 - Fortune Tech
    07-18-10 05:56 PM
    I'm a Mac user & I've never had any issues switching devices on DTM for MAC. I just recently changed devices & my old info downloaded to my new device in about a minute or so & I haven't had any problems syncing my music to iTunes. Is the PC version that much better?
    08-06-10 01:30 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD