01-11-10 12:16 PM
152 ... 4567
tools
    I would be interested to know why and I'm not being snarky. I much prefer the iPhone except for AT&T. I have had all three iPhones but I may be leaving for the second time because of poor coverage by AT&T, especially in San Fran and NYC. I have had BB for years, including way before they were phones so I'm quite familiar with them.

In Verizon had included wi-fi on the freakin thing it would make my decision a lot easier. I spend a lot of time in data centers and other corporate buildings where no one gets a signal from any carrier.

Thanks. Great idea.

I'm a very loyal mac user but when it comes to smartphones, choose the BB over the iPhone anyday.

I have a feeling I'll be using this thread a lot when I finally get my Tour.
    08-01-09 05:36 PM
    My plan to go finally go BlackBerry with my Mac is to use Google Sync for iCal and Address Book syncing...it's working wonderfully from Mac-to-Cloud right now. We'll see how it goes when I get my Tour.

I'm currently using my Palm Centro with Missing Sync but have no plans to pay another $40 for the BlackBerry version. The only problem I forsee with my cloud-only plan may be software installation, but it looks like the Google apps install from the web page and, well, I may just have to break from my Scrabble addiction on my BB or try what I've been reading about JAD deployments and such.

Voch
    What do u use to get it from Mac to cloud? i use google sync but had to get my data transfered over manually by exporting from ical and address book?
    08-01-09 05:39 PM
    I use Google Sync as well for calendar and contacts. I was using Missing Sync for tasks and notes only. Just got my Tour tonight and it doesn't work. I think it only works with the new Missing Sync, I still have version 1 that worked fine with the Storm.
    08-01-09 10:57 PM
    I still have version 1 that worked fine with the Storm.
    Missing Sync 2/0 is WELL worht the upgrade price (proximity sync, iTunes, iPhoto, movie re-compression,..,...,...)
    08-02-09 01:25 PM
    So i have Missing Sync 2.0 installed on my macbook and it will not let me click the sync button. I have the missing sync app open on my BB. Any help would be appreciated.

Id love to be able to move things like its an external hard drive and back up my BB

thanks!
    08-02-09 04:33 PM
    So ironically enough I got a job at Apple. I'll be sure to keep you guys posted about any news I hear about DM for mac
    08-29-09 09:40 PM
    DESKTOP MANAGER IS LEAKED. CHECK THE FRONT PAGE. Salvation is upon us!! I'll have a review up in a bit
    09-03-09 08:49 AM
    I'm not paying again for version2 now that RIM has an official version. Waste of money I think. I've read Tour owners having issues with it anyways in another thread.
    09-16-09 09:08 AM
    So I guess BB is waiting till the VERY END of September to release their Mac app?!?!?!
    09-28-09 12:20 PM
    So I guess BB is waiting till the VERY END of September to release their Mac app?!?!?!
    They have a little over 2 days left to not be liars.

Seriously though, I just got my Tour yesterday (first time BB user, long time Mac user) and I feel bad that if all goes as planned, I'll be getting in a few days what some of you have been waiting months for. I commend your patience and loyalty...and pray it's worth it.
    09-28-09 03:18 PM
    I bet we won't even see it. If the leaked versions are working then wtf are they waiting for? Whatever. I've given up on these current devices. I'm using mine for calls and email and that's it. Battery lasts longer when I don't install any apps. No memory lags either. Using my itouch for everything else.
    09-28-09 05:39 PM
    I DO LOVE MACS more than anything else tho... PC's are sooooooooo awful.... Now that I have a PC I can see how terrible they are...
    I sooooo effin agree!!! My puppy chewed thru my power cord, so I have been using a HP, and I just wanna chuck this sh*t thru the window. Fa real.. windows BLOWS
    09-29-09 05:49 PM
    Bear with me guys because I am so frustrated at my new Tour from Verizon.

Been a Mac user for a long time, and iPhone user since day one. Just got a BB the other day because I was fed up with ATT service. Was very reluctant to give up the extremely slick interface and usability of all my apps that I use for work every day on the iPhone.

Well, so far I am thoroughly unimpressed with the BB as a whole versus iPhone but the comparison is difficult if not unfair as one is Verizon and the other ATT. I will contrast my experience anyway.

Other than the superior network there is not much that impresses me about the BB. The OS is garbage (same old 90s menu systems like Symbian), the keys are ridiculously too small (how the **** is somebody supposed to press the alt key and the 7 key with the other finger?), and of course as we all know here, the Mac support is dismal at best. The trackball locks up, the earpiece has static.

I really find it hard to believe people rave about these things. What exactly is so great? The email? Really? So far the BIS is no solution compared to Mail on iPhone or many other so-called dumbphones. No IMAP folder support? Sent messages mixed in with the Inbox?

I do like the overall call reliability so far but I am thinking that is due to the network and not this Tour specifically. And Brickbreaker.... not bad for a tiny screen and a trackball.

And here we are, Sept 30th and no Mac Desktop software as promised by good ole' RIM. I emailed them and asked what the **** is going on with that and they replied "we don't discuss future products!" Wow, thanks RIM.

Damnit I wish there were confirmed reports of a Verizon iPhone coming out; it is all just speculation and rumor until Apple announces it.

Now I have to consider looking into these huge HTC phones because I need a dual-network world phone for my travels and I certainly don't want to wait around for RIM to get off their *** and do anything for us Mac users.

Anybody here used an HTC Android, or god-forbid, WinMo phone? Synced it with their Mac?

OK I am done venting for a bit. Sorry guys. Just really bummed at our options here in the US for "smartphones" from Verizon.
    09-30-09 02:18 AM

And here we are, Sept 30th and no Mac Desktop software as promised by good ole' RIM.

...I need a dual-network world phone for my travels...

...bummed at our options here in the US for "smartphones" from Verizon.
    I thought Mac DM was scheduled for 2 OCT?

I don't know if you got a 3GS or not and if you do, if you already upgraded to FW 3.1, but have you considered unlocking your iPhone thru jailbreak? I'm home in Texas on vacation and I took my iPhone from Japan. I slapped a T-Mobile SIM and got it up and running (prepaid). Got my Softbank SIM ready to go for when I go back to work in Japan.

Of course, while I was here, I started reading CrackBerry Forums and got me a spiffy new 9630 (which I unlocked by-the-way), but I hear you on the Apple/RIM thing.
    09-30-09 03:08 AM
    I thought Mac DM was scheduled for 2 OCT?

I don't know if you got a 3GS or not and if you do, if you already upgraded to FW 3.1, but have you considered unlocking your iPhone thru jailbreak? I'm home in Texas on vacation and I took my iPhone from Japan. I slapped a T-Mobile SIM and got it up and running (prepaid). Got my Softbank SIM ready to go for when I go back to work in Japan.

Of course, while I was here, I started reading CrackBerry Forums and got me a spiffy new 9630 (which I unlocked by-the-way), but I hear you on the Apple/RIM thing.
    Where did you see October 2?

Thanks man!
    09-30-09 09:12 AM
    It's on the crackberry front page!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-30-09 09:36 AM
    Where did you see October 2?

Thanks man!
    Check Crackberry blog. Just announed today will be available for download Oct. 2 @ 1:00pm EST.
    09-30-09 09:38 AM
    I hear october... but my pc has been workin with it forever... I wonder why mac would drop a mac version you would think they would stay all proprietory and try to push more ppl to the iphone
    09-30-09 09:40 AM
    Good thing it works or I would chuck this Tour back to Telus.
    10-05-09 05:13 PM
    Bear with me guys because I am so frustrated at my new Tour from Verizon.

Been a Mac user for a long time, and iPhone user since day one. Just got a BB the other day because I was fed up with ATT service. Was very reluctant to give up the extremely slick interface and usability of all my apps that I use for work every day on the iPhone.

Well, so far I am thoroughly unimpressed with the BB as a whole versus iPhone but the comparison is difficult if not unfair as one is Verizon and the other ATT. I will contrast my experience anyway.

Other than the superior network there is not much that impresses me about the BB. The OS is garbage (same old 90s menu systems like Symbian), the keys are ridiculously too small (how the **** is somebody supposed to press the alt key and the 7 key with the other finger?), and of course as we all know here, the Mac support is dismal at best. The trackball locks up, the earpiece has static.

I really find it hard to believe people rave about these things. What exactly is so great? The email? Really? So far the BIS is no solution compared to Mail on iPhone or many other so-called dumbphones. No IMAP folder support? Sent messages mixed in with the Inbox?

I do like the overall call reliability so far but I am thinking that is due to the network and not this Tour specifically. And Brickbreaker.... not bad for a tiny screen and a trackball.

And here we are, Sept 30th and no Mac Desktop software as promised by good ole' RIM. I emailed them and asked what the **** is going on with that and they replied "we don't discuss future products!" Wow, thanks RIM.

Damnit I wish there were confirmed reports of a Verizon iPhone coming out; it is all just speculation and rumor until Apple announces it.

Now I have to consider looking into these huge HTC phones because I need a dual-network world phone for my travels and I certainly don't want to wait around for RIM to get off their *** and do anything for us Mac users.

Anybody here used an HTC Android, or god-forbid, WinMo phone? Synced it with their Mac?

OK I am done venting for a bit. Sorry guys. Just really bummed at our options here in the US for "smartphones" from Verizon.
    You dont need to press the "alt" and "Z/7" key at the same time. Press "alt" and release, then press the "z" key to get the number "7".
    10-05-09 05:55 PM
    Desktop mgr is out for mac and totally easy to use. Backups work great. As easy to use as pocket mac, might even work better!!!
    10-06-09 06:28 AM
    If only it could do OS upgrades.
    10-06-09 10:41 AM
    Desktop mgr is out for mac and totally easy to use. Backups work great. As easy to use as pocket mac, might even work better!!!

im going to have to agree. the new dm works perfectly and very well.
    so all you fellow TourxMac owners go and get it!
    10-06-09 11:47 AM
    I can't get my contacts to sync with the DM for mac. It keeps giving me a sync error and only 4 of my contacts are synced over...anyone else having issues
    10-10-09 05:03 PM
    I downloaded desktop manager for mac the day it came out and I couldnt love it anymore.. They did a really nice job with it and it works flawless for me.
    10-10-09 07:03 PM
152 ... 4567
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD