01-11-10 12:16 PM
152 ... 34567
tools
    Make sure you get the right version. Bootcamp will tell you which ones are compatible.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-19-09 12:37 PM
    Time to switch to PCs...
    07-19-09 12:39 PM
    Ok, so my mac is recognizing my tour as a mass storage device and pocketmac has recognized it as well, but if I drag and drop a song to the device I get a message saying "The Finder cannot complete the operation because some data in "song" could not be read or written. (Error code - 36)." Just saw that when I try to eject the BLACKBERRY disk I receive a message saying its in use and could not be ejected, try quitting applications and try again.. Ideas?
    Sorry to repost this, but curious if anyone has some advice? If not, I guess I'm stuck taking out the memory card every time I want to add music, vid, etc...
    07-19-09 04:45 PM
    @Jeff_T:

Not sure why you don't just use BlackBerry Media Manager for Mac? It's free, and it's the only thing RIM has offered us Mac users that actually works! I have a BlackBerry playlist in iTunes that I keep synched to my SD card and it works perfectly. Also works for iTunes Ringtone transfers, etc.

BlackBerry Media Sync for Mac
    07-19-09 04:54 PM
    I'll def. get that then. I though as it was recognized as a mas storage device that it would work like any other. Also, because PocketMac had the itunes sync option I didn't see the media sync as necessary... Since PocketMac doesn't seem to be working though I use the Media Sync. Still getting used to the blackberry world. Thanks
    07-19-09 05:01 PM
    There are ways to do this for free...I posted info earlier in this thred. Gooid tip though - thanks.

Google Cloud Solution for Mac Users Whose Primary Email is Gmail

For those of you who use a Mac, Gmail (or Google Apps) and iCal (Google Calendar), which is what I use, here's what works great for me.

- Address Book is kept in constant sync with Gmail Contacts using Syncman a very inexpensive utility that does what it does perfectly.

- iCal and Google Calendar can be synched any number of ways...pick yours (I use BusySync). I really don't even use iCal anymore after using Google Calendar for the past year as I think it's more featureful than iCal and of course, it's in the Google cloud.

- Use Google Sync to keep BlackBerry Contacts and Calendar in constant OTA sync automatically. It's not push, but it works in both directions and syncs several times a day automatically and has never let me down.

Until they come up with something better, this is it for me. I realize those of you who don't use Gmail as a primary email will not benefit from this.
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-19-09 05:02 PM
    @Jeff_T:

Known fact that PocketMac is simply horrible...maybe worse. I've been a BB and Mac user for years and we just don't have any options :-( I'm actually thinking (shudder) of putting a bare bones install of Windows XP on a dual-boot partition just so I can use the really nice new BB Desktop Manager 5.0. It's not that I mind having Windows on the MacBook...I just hate having to do incessant updates for Windows and having to put on a Firewall and Virus app.
    07-19-09 05:12 PM
    So I've been putting off getting Leopard just because I didn't want to spend the money and didn't really think I needed it, but I guess I do. Media Sync only works with OSX 10.5.5 or above, FYI...
    *At least I've got a card reader
    07-19-09 05:41 PM
    @Jeff_T:

Leopard...just get it...you will be very happy :-) Plus, then you'll be able to use BB Media Sync.
    07-19-09 05:45 PM
    So far, I'm using Google Sync, updating 3 calendars and my email. Everything is working fine, so I'm pleased. I do wish there was a better way, but oh well.
    07-20-09 05:06 AM
    *******DIRECT QUOTE FROM KEVIN'S TWITTER*******

I guess I can give up my PC... RIM announces Desktop Manager coming to Mac in September!

SALVATION IS UPON US!!!
    07-20-09 01:14 PM
    @mtrapani:

Thanks for the news! For that amount of time I won't even bother dirtying up a partition just to use Windows for DTM :-)

Now, if someone could just figure out where "Wireless Update" went on the Tour or why RIM's fix for restoring it if it's not showing up doesn't work on the Tour. Somehow, I smell Verizon here.
    07-20-09 01:17 PM
    Did anyone see the crackberry front page about BB desktop finally coming to MAC. You can go to their site and register your email account to receive updates about it. -----check it out!!!
    07-20-09 01:21 PM
    07-20-09 01:22 PM
    So far, I'm using Google Sync, updating 3 calendars and my email. Everything is working fine, so I'm pleased. I do wish there was a better way, but oh well.
    What's better than OTA Syncing? IMO its the "holy grail" of contact and calendar syncing.

Or do you enjoy waiting until you get home so you can plug your phone into your Mac to sync?
    07-20-09 01:25 PM
    07-20-09 02:44 PM
    @mtrapani:

Thanks for the news! For that amount of time I won't even bother dirtying up a partition just to use Windows for DTM :-)

Now, if someone could just figure out where "Wireless Update" went on the Tour or why RIM's fix for restoring it if it's not showing up doesn't work on the Tour. Somehow, I smell Verizon here.
    I'm on VZW and my Wireless Update option still exists under Options>Advanced Options>...Wireless Update. Don't know why yours "went" away...
    07-20-09 03:15 PM
    Did anyone see the crackberry front page about BB desktop finally coming to MAC. You can go to their site and register your email account to receive updates about it. -----check it out!!!
    Great news...now maybe we can all cut the PC cord! It's great news and it's about time.
    07-20-09 03:17 PM
    @renny:

There's an entire thread devoted to it missing here in the forum. Plus it's all over the internet. RIM has a KB article on it missing and has a workaround, but it doesn't work for the Tour because one of the entries in the Service Book that need to be deleted "Provisioning [OTASL]" is missing. I'd be curious to know if your Service Book has that entry in it?

I even tried two complete handheld wipes to generate entirely new service books but it's still missing.
    07-20-09 03:24 PM
    I'm stoked to hear that DM is coming in Sept. for us... hallelujah
    07-20-09 05:52 PM
    September-right in time for my birthday. I couldn't ask for anything better
    07-20-09 06:07 PM
    I just switched to a Tour today, haven't sync'ed up with my MacBook Pro (yet), I did a backup of everything on my work PC (ugh), so once I get everything back on the BB tomorrow I'll mess around with connecting it to my Mac.. (or I'll just wait til Sept).
    07-29-09 10:33 PM
    This is the worst. I want a pocketmac update!
    07-29-09 11:35 PM
    I read all about the Mac issues with syncing before I got the Tour. I came over from a Palm Zire 72 which I synced with Palm Desktop for Mac. Never used Mac's Address Book or iCal. Never needed to.

In prep for the Tour, I exported all of my Palm Contacts and Calendars to GMail and use Google Sync to get that info into the Tour. I still don't use Address Book or iCal...if I have all my info on Google and my Tour, why would I need them? To save battery, I manually sync them once a day instead of letting it go by itself. So far, so good.

Now if I could just find a way to get my Palm Memo Pad memos into the Tour, I'd be all set.

Won't even bother with PocketMac or Missing Sync. I'll wait for Blackberry's app in Sept.

But I gotta say...I thought I'd be more impressed with the Tour, especially being my first BB. Between the e-mail large font issues and having to manually download images for HTML e-mails even though I set it to download by itself (I realize that's supposed to "protect" me...screw that! Make it an OPTION, not a DEFAULT), I find it all a PITA. I'm having iPhone remorse big time.
    07-30-09 08:20 AM
    My Tour won't connecting to my MacBook! Can someone help me find out what I'm doing wrong?
    08-01-09 01:42 PM
152 ... 34567
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD