01-11-10 12:16 PM
152 ... 23456 ...
tools
    That argument is old and untrue. Unless you are running a 10 year old PC. When 14 year old kids can maintain a PC without it crashing, that says a lot about people that can't keep their PC without problems.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Maybe if you spend $$$$$$ in virus, spam any every other block out there. Mine has been working for 3 years out of the box.
    07-17-09 06:35 PM
    Maybe if you spend $$$$$$ in virus, spam any every other block out there. Mine has been working for 3 years out of the box.
    All that is free. Who are you trying to kid.

07-17-09 06:43 PM
    I am also a mac lover but not into the iphone. I use a mac but run bootcamp which allows me to have windows to use to sync my phone with outlook and such. That is always an option.
    07-17-09 07:18 PM
    The only problem with that is that if you have your music on Itunes (Mac) you wouldn't have access to it.
    07-18-09 12:02 AM
    yeah PC's can run any app in the world for about 4 months, then they start crashing
    So old school. I was a mac person to start with in the 90's, went to a pc in 1997 and then went to a mac pro quad in 2007 and am now back to pc's. I really like mac's but much prefer the convenience of Windows. Plus, although the OS can be friendly, it can also be a pain at times and I never really liked the Finder. As for pc's crashing...I just laugh at that. My Mac had many issues as well. Now with Windows 7 coming out they have improved that much more.

I am by no means slamming Mac's. I truely like them, but the fact is, the old windows crashing all the time, or locking up etc is just outdated. As for spam and viruses....be careful Mac users, just be careful.

I do feel for the BB users and the lack of support from RIM. I had my Pearl when I was running the Macs and it was frustrating. I would either use my wifes pc or boot up on bootcamp running xp. Missing Sync was ok, but it did not take care of everything.

Unfortunately it is a PC world and probably always will be.
    Last edited by mjs31; 07-18-09 at 12:19 AM.
    07-18-09 12:15 AM
    Is anyone else pissed off they can't get BBM 5.0?!?!
    i was, then i found one of the pcs in this house and im so glad i went through it. if any of ur friends will let u do it is well worth it
    07-18-09 12:21 AM
    Is anyone else pissed off they can't get BBM 5.0?!?!
    There's an OTA link now... http://www.prp2.com/bb/Tour/BBM5/BBM5.jad
    07-18-09 12:46 AM
    I'm a MacBook Pro owner...I use google sync to sync my contacts/calendar to google, and just in case google servers blow up (heh) I also have my config setup for google to sync to apple's mobile me. Pretty failsaife IMHO. I loaded up gsync on my tour and after 3 minutes I had my calendar and contacts. Outstanding

As for everything else(phone settings, messages, etc) I used a friends PC...I won't lie! Lol...sucks, but there's no other option. Granted, I set most of the settings from my 8830 on my new tour myself..but I wanted to get my emails/messages/bookmarkes all sent to the new device, and for that, unfortunately there's no alternative. Oh well!

07-18-09 12:52 AM
    Basically what you have to do is follow these steps:
    Go To:
    >Macintosh HD
    >System
    >Library
    >Extensions
    >Delete the files called "BlackberryUSB.kext" and "BlackberryUSBDev.kext"
    >Empty the Trash
    >Re-Install the driver updates from the Blackberry Website
    >Restart Comp
    >Plug in the BB first
    >Go to the PocketSync APP
    >Click on the BB icon.

This worked AWESOME!
    Sorry if this is a noob question, but where is this on the BB site?
    EDIT: I think I found it, is updated drivers for PocketMac it?
    Last edited by Jeff_T; 07-18-09 at 02:14 AM.
    07-18-09 02:11 AM
    Ok, so my mac is recognizing my tour as a mass storage device and pocketmac has recognized it as well, but if I drag and drop a song to the device I get a message saying "The Finder cannot complete the operation because some data in "song" could not be read or written. (Error code - 36)." Also, when trying to sync a playlist in pocketmac it goes through the process and everything looks fine, but nothing in transferred. Any ideas?
    Just saw that when I try to eject the BLACKBERRY disk I receive a message saying its in use and could not be ejected, try quitting applications and try again.. Ideas?
    Last edited by Jeff_T; 07-18-09 at 04:29 AM.
    07-18-09 04:22 AM
    I'm a MacBook Pro owner...I use google sync to sync my contacts/calendar to google, and just in case google servers blow up (heh) I also have my config setup for google to sync to apple's mobile me. Pretty failsaife IMHO. I loaded up gsync on my tour and after 3 minutes I had my calendar and contacts. Outstanding

As for everything else(phone settings, messages, etc) I used a friends PC...I won't lie! Lol...sucks, but there's no other option. Granted, I set most of the settings from my 8830 on my new tour myself..but I wanted to get my emails/messages/bookmarkes all sent to the new device, and for that, unfortunately there's no alternative. Oh well!

How do you configure Google to sync to MobileMe?

On top of the typical Mac issues, I use BES on my Tour, so even on Windows (in Parallels) I can't get contacts or calendar to sync - the BlackBerry desktop manager says it can't because it syncs OTA. Yeah, OTA to work, but not to home.

07-18-09 06:26 AM
    Missing sync has been money well spent, syncing via bluetooth is really convenient on the fly and the program has been flaweless for me.
    07-18-09 06:39 AM
    Two ways:

First, my contacts sync from blackberry, to google servers. While updating google servers, the address book in osx is also synced. Once the address book updates, mobile me automatically kicks in and does its sync as well. Its the same setup for iCal and the BB/Google calendar. There's an addon for iCal and the addressbook(forget the ecxact name) but a quick google search will find it. I believe it starts with a C...anyway, its out there...and is a big help for mac users.

Also, I have an iPod Touch that is setup to sync with mobile me OTA...so anytime a contact or calendar entry changes on my mac, its also synced ota to my ipod touch.

Hopefully that makes sense...do a goog search for "sync ical with google" or "sync osx contacts with google"

How do you configure Google to sync to MobileMe?

On top of the typical Mac issues, I use BES on my Tour, so even on Windows (in Parallels) I can't get contacts or calendar to sync - the BlackBerry desktop manager says it can't because it syncs OTA. Yeah, OTA to work, but not to home.

07-18-09 01:10 PM
    Google Cloud Solution for Mac Users Whose Primary Email is Gmail

For those of you who use a Mac, Gmail (or Google Apps) and iCal (Google Calendar), which is what I use, here's what works great for me.

- Address Book is kept in constant sync with Gmail Contacts using Syncman a very inexpensive utility that does what it does perfectly.

- iCal and Google Calendar can be synched any number of ways...pick yours (I use BusySync). I really don't even use iCal anymore after using Google Calendar for the past year as I think it's more featureful than iCal and of course, it's in the Google cloud.

- Use Google Sync to keep BlackBerry Contacts and Calendar in constant OTA sync automatically. It's not push, but it works in both directions and syncs several times a day automatically and has never let me down.

Until they come up with something better, this is it for me. I realize those of you who don't use Gmail as a primary email will not benefit from this.
    07-18-09 01:34 PM
    Hi everyone!

I am new here sort of. I just bought a blackberry tour and I was able to use the VZaccess manager with it the other day and now it isn't working. I also am not able to use my pocketmac anymore either. It is frustrating me!! I can't get it to use the bluetooth to use the internet either. Anyone have any ideas on what I should do before I go nuts here?

Thanks!
    07-18-09 06:00 PM
    This link didn't work for me either...
    07-18-09 07:42 PM
    So my missing sync has been hit or miss. The software they make you install on the device keeps crashing (UNCAUGHT EXCEPTION). I have reinstall it in order to get it up and running again. Anyone else having issues with the handheld software?
    Last edited by theomethod; 07-18-09 at 09:41 PM.
    07-18-09 09:05 PM
    This has been mentioned elsewhere in the forums but I'm using google sync and so far it's working flawlessly.
    If you need to do a repeating calendar event (birthday, monthly event, etc) you need to enter it in the google calendar or it won't sync correctly. Everything else can be entered from device or desktop and it syncs fine.

The google calendar will only sync with the default calendar on your device so make sure to enter all your events from the default calendar- provided your running more than one.

Haven't found a way to have it sync with multiple calendars, but I'm new to the google iCal sync app.

Good luck to all! GO 
    07-18-09 10:54 PM
    This has been mentioned elsewhere in the forums but I'm using google sync and so far it's working flawlessly.
    If you need to do a repeating calendar event (birthday, monthly event, etc) you need to enter it in the google calendar or it won't sync correctly. Everything else can be entered from device or desktop and it syncs fine.

The google calendar will only sync with the default calendar on your device so make sure to enter all your events from the default calendar- provided your running more than one.

Haven't found a way to have it sync with multiple calendars, but I'm new to the google iCal sync app.

Good luck to all! GO 
    Google Sync will sync multiple calendars (within your google account), including subscribed calendars.
    07-19-09 11:19 AM
    @Heckler:

Been using Google Sync with my BB for the past three BBs...they all work fine, including the Tour.

For multiple Google calendars (I have six of them) go to Google Sync on your BB, then under Options (BBMenu key) you'll see the extra Google calendars and can check off which ones you want to be synched with your BB.

The only downside to Google Sync (and this will eventually be fixed by Google) is it doesn't add addresses to your BB Contacts...only phone numbers and the Note field at the end of each contact. But it's still the best way to go for now.
    07-19-09 11:41 AM
    The only downside to Google Sync (and this will eventually be fixed by Google) is it doesn't add addresses to your BB Contacts...only phone numbers and the Note field at the end of each contact. But it's still the best way to go for now.
    Google Sync added street addresses to my BB/Tour.
    07-19-09 11:43 AM
    There isn't a "no compromise" solution for Mac owners out there yet. People seem to have problems with all the current attempts (Missing sync, Pocket Mac, even VMWare running windows can't sync ical and addressbook). So we have to make due for now.

I read elsewhere in these forums of a Desktop Manager in the works for this year, but I think it's total speculation. Maybe an insider could help us out on that.
    Ever tried bootcamp or something? I have a mac and I'm thinking that this is going to be my solution when I head back to college this semester.
    07-19-09 11:48 AM
    I will put in another vote for google sync I have had no trouble between my BB and my mac. The other benefit to using google as the go between is that no matter what crashes or whay machine you replace and upgrade, google has all your info ready to go at any time.

07-19-09 12:01 PM
    I prefer bootcamp for using desktop manager and google sync for my calendar/contacts.

07-19-09 12:21 PM
    I'm actually going to throw windows on my mac right now....just need to find a copy of it haha
    07-19-09 12:25 PM
152 ... 23456 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD