>Delete the files called "BlackberryUSB.kext" and "BlackberryUSBDev.kext"
    >Empty the Trash
    >Re-Install the driver updates from the Blackberry Website
    >Restart Comp
    >Plug in the BB first
    >Go to the PocketSync APP
    >Click on the BB icon.

This worked AWESOME!

That worked for me to sync everything else, but PocketMac still doesn't recognize that I have a media card in. My Tour does, but that doesn't do me too much good to adding music. Any tips?

Can anyone say whether Missing Sync is worth the money or if they know of an "alternative" method for acquiring it?
    07-14-09 08:30 PM
    Basically what you have to do is follow these steps:
    Go To:
    >Macintosh HD
    >System
    >Library
    >Extensions
    >Delete the files called "BlackberryUSB.kext" and "BlackberryUSBDev.kext"
    >Empty the Trash
    >Re-Install the driver updates from the Blackberry Website
    >Restart Comp
    >Plug in the BB first
    >Go to the PocketSync APP
    >Click on the BB icon.

This worked AWESOME!
    does that get the mac to recognize the black berry in mass storage mode?
    07-14-09 08:32 PM
    That gets the Mac to recognize the berry in mass storage mode. Then I just dragged and dropped the files I wanted from my music folder into the music folder on the berry. Worked very well!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-14-09 08:35 PM
    wow! thanks so much.. i have no clue how you figured that out but im glad you did, it was driving me nuts!
    07-14-09 08:45 PM
    I found it in another forum, can't take credit. just glad it's fixed... Now we just need PocketMac to work. Maybe someday!

07-14-09 08:52 PM
    I do know that PocketMac is not recognizing the Tour due to the new OS. I checked their website and nothing is listed for the Tour. I emailed PocketMac but I am waiting for a reply. Had to use the old PC to load everything....what a pain in the *** that was.....
    07-14-09 08:56 PM
    I'm sure with enough work, missing sync 2.0 will work, the point is it would be nice to have compatibility without paying for it like every other smart phone has. I'm just happy to hear it's coming. Let's hope by the end of the year? Maybe with the release of the Onyx
    07-15-09 05:53 AM
    I found it in another forum, can't take credit. just glad it's fixed... Now we just need PocketMac to work. Maybe someday!

Thanks for the help Kristin. I'm sure the reason pocket mac doesn't recognize the Tour yet is because it's software has not yet been updated to include the Tour. It should come soon enough. In the meantime I'll card it up
    07-15-09 05:57 AM
    I have been using missing sync with my tour and it has been working without any problems
    07-15-09 09:03 AM
    So I'm having trouble loading music as well. I followed kristin's steps and I don't see any files calls "BlackberryUSB" in my extensions folder.

Come to think of it, the only way I had been able to load music onto my curve 8330 had been to take out the memory card and put it into a SD adapter, which was then put into a USB card reader. That still works now, it's just annoying.

Basically I plug in the BB and nothing happens. The bb charges, goes into bedside mode, and thats it. ahhh!
    07-15-09 02:08 PM
    So I'm having trouble loading music as well. I followed kristin's steps and I don't see any files calls "BlackberryUSB" in my extensions folder.

Come to think of it, the only way I had been able to load music onto my curve 8330 had been to take out the memory card and put it into a SD adapter, which was then put into a USB card reader. That still works now, it's just annoying.

Basically I plug in the BB and nothing happens. The bb charges, goes into bedside mode, and thats it. ahhh!
    Did you mess with the mass media storage setting on the Tour?

I have it set so it prompts me when I plug it in.

I just plugged it in to my Macbook, the Tour prompted me, I chose yes, and then the BB showed up on the desktop. Opened it up and I can access all the folders. I can also copy stuff into the folders.
    07-15-09 02:10 PM
    Options > memory

These are my settings going from top down:
    On
    None
    On
    On
    Prompt
    07-15-09 02:11 PM
    Of course that works. Thanks Red. I effin love these forums!
    07-15-09 03:39 PM
    Us Mac users must stick together!! mtrapani - I think I'm following you on Twitter now. Message me if you have issues and I'll do the same with you (if you follow me on twitter that is). Happy touring!

07-15-09 04:16 PM
    when I try to connect my tour to my mac it gives me a voltage error =\
    07-16-09 06:01 PM
    Sorry if I missed this, how do you sync address book to gmail? It says you need an iphone or ipod touch? Otherwise the preference isn't there.
    07-16-09 06:37 PM
    Missing Sync is working perfectly fine with my new Tour.
    07-16-09 08:24 PM
    I thought mac users only used iphones? lol
    nope not at all. i have to use it for school. its actually handy, especially for video chat features and such, but i always love pc's for their ability to do soooo much, like run every app in the world.

this is a perfect example of that
    07-17-09 05:23 PM
    nope not at all. i have to use it for school. its actually handy, especially for video chat features and such, but i always love pc's for their ability to do soooo much, like run every app in the world.

this is a perfect example of that
    yeah PC's can run any app in the world for about 4 months, then they start crashing
    07-17-09 06:02 PM
    Is anyone else pissed off they can't get BBM 5.0?!?!
    07-17-09 06:04 PM
    Sorry if I missed this, how do you sync address book to gmail? It says you need an iphone or ipod touch? Otherwise the preference isn't there.
    Download Google Sync for Blackberry. On your phone, go to m.google.com then click on Gsync... and download.

Gsync syncs contacts and calendar. You can choose both or either if you wish.
    07-17-09 06:09 PM

BlackBerry - BlackBerry Media Sync – Tuned Up

The is a PC and Mac version...
    07-17-09 06:12 PM
    Can anyone on this thread help me to get the new bbm installed?
    07-17-09 06:14 PM
    yeah PC's can run any app in the world for about 4 months, then they start crashing
    That argument is old and untrue. Unless you are running a 10 year old PC. When 14 year old kids can maintain a PC without it crashing, that says a lot about people that can't keep their PC without problems.

07-17-09 06:25 PM
    Can anyone on this thread help me to get the new bbm installed?
    Just run bootcamp and windows. Simple solution.

07-17-09 06:26 PM
152 12345 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD