01-11-10 12:16 PM
152 1234 ...
tools
    The Tour represents the the next generation of BB into the CDMA community. Even if Macs are only 9.8% of the market share, that's still millions of potential customers. I'm glad it's in the works, I just hope it gets here soon
    06-10-09 01:28 AM
    I thought mac users only used iphones? lol
    06-10-09 11:44 AM
    Not me. I'm very Mac-BlackBerry compatible.
    06-10-09 01:09 PM
    I use pocketmac to sync my contacts and music and a PC at work to upgrade my OS and do backups. It's a pain and I'd love to have a DM Mac version as well.
    06-10-09 01:46 PM
    So how are mac/tour users coping with the seeming endless paradox of have the world's greatest two devices and no reliable link between them?
    07-14-09 02:22 AM
    This is here for now and for after the release for any Mac+Tour related issues (as if mac compatibility wasn't a bad enough reason). But there you go, I just did all the whining this thread will have. I really don't want this to turn into a group theropy session for Mac owners (like me) who cry about not having Desktop Manager.

Lets try to keep it at News, Issues with the Tour in relation to Macs, and respectfully squeezing as much information out of CX as possible.

Because lets be honest. I really want my "Verizon's Smartphone Tips and Tricks" CD to work!!!!!
    I second that
    07-14-09 02:29 AM
    I bought a cheap PC laptop ($300) a couple of years ago to handle those few Windows apps that I needed. For instance, MS Money (now discontinued, but I replaced with Quicken). The Windows version of Quicken blows the Mac version away. Desktop Manager now is another plus for the laptop.
    07-14-09 07:11 AM
    Why not just use BootCamp to install windows on another partition on your mac. That's what I did and plan to use it for desktop manager

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-14-09 07:24 AM
    I get my Tour today and only want to set it up/configure it ONCE re: the sync/backup issue. I'm torn: I hear almost no one happy with Pocket Mac; many people happy w/Missing Sync 2.0 (even though I found it buggy/annoying w/my Palm Centro); and Google Sync sounds complicated, and swears your loyalties to a company that is increasingly sounding like a Big-Brother-Wanna-Be (tracking websites of users? etc.)....

I have a PC at home -- I won't install VM Fusion or any other Windows thing on my Mac -- but I AM longing for a "cloud"/cordless solution.

Oh, yes; if this doesn't all work out nicely enough, RIM/Verizon, I will return the Tour and wait patiently for a Verizon iPhone. If that doesn't happen by next summer, then, I'll go over to the Dark Side and take on ATT.

Developers/companies don't seem to realize that we use these things IN TANDEM, as a total experience -- they aren't simple, discrete items of hardware, "software,", etc....

I'm still waiting to hear what people think of Missing Sync 2.0 with their Tour. I want to get some tunes on it, I love the idea of "proximity sync" -- beats the Pre with its "rock."
    07-14-09 08:01 AM
    I refuse to put windows on my mac..I will be trying out missing sync!

07-14-09 08:21 AM
    I'm running VMWare Fusion on a 17" Macbook Pro and an XP load on one. I need it for remote access into a network that I support. I was able to install the Desktop Manager 4.7 and backup my 8830. Plan on using Device Swap to get the Tour running tonight. VMWare is great. I have OS X, Windows XP (no plans for Vista cause its crap or 7), Ubuntu Linux for some network monitoring apps. I could put Solaris too on if I want.

Unfortunately there will always be apps available on only one platform, and this is the best way to support most every platform for least cost.
    07-14-09 08:55 AM
    I refuse to put windows on my mac..I will be trying out missing sync!

Surprised you use anything that isn't an iPhone
    07-14-09 09:01 AM
    (I only speak for myself here) but I like to use the best device, regardless of what it is, there's not doubt the Blackberry is the best mobile handset, and there's no doubt macs are the best computers, but hey have some serious compatibility issues.

And VMWare fusion would be a great solution, if you could also sync iCal and Address Book which for me is like the only reason I want it aside from backup
    07-14-09 11:18 AM
    But there's good news from Crucial. Check out the comment he left on this thread on the second page XD
    07-14-09 11:19 AM
    They've been promising Mac support forever. I'm not getting excited till it is out and downloadable. It's obviously not a priority for them.
    07-14-09 11:59 AM
    Missing Sync has been flawless for me. Take the time to read the instructions (conflicts with AddressBook can be avoided and initial sync will be much smoother) and you'll be fine. I've said it before and I'll say it again... as long as Mark Space is making such great products, there isn't any real incentive for RIM or Apple to sink the $$ in to R&D for software suite of their own.

Spend the time to get Missing Sync set up correctly and you'll be more than happy with it.
    07-14-09 04:04 PM
    Thanks for the update on Missing Sync 2.0. PocketMac has been pissing me off to no end. Thanks for setting up this thread for Mac and BB addicts.
    07-14-09 06:02 PM
    Had the iPhone...and obviously I don't anymore. If you want an iPod that can make phone calls on the rare occasion...get it by all means.

I prefer to have a phone that works.
    07-14-09 06:11 PM
    Thanks for the update on Missing Sync 2.0. PocketMac has been pissing me off to no end. Thanks for setting up this thread for Mac and BB addicts.
    I could never get PocketMac to work...I'll give it a whirl with the Tour.
    07-14-09 06:12 PM
    Google sync works great for me, although I've had some issues getting the contacts to sync correctly with Address Book. A .vcf export of all my contacts that I then uploaded to Google got that taken care of, and I can just update that as needed. Calendar syncing is flawless, so at this point I have all of the information from my mac on my 9630, without ever having plugged it into a computer.

Another plus to having contacts on Google is that I can use them with Google Voice, which I got my invite for last night!
    07-14-09 07:11 PM
    Missing Sync worked without a hiccup here.
    07-14-09 07:18 PM
    Help needed... I use Google Sync for my contacts, no problem. When I had my Storm, I just used it as a thumb drive basically and dragged and dropped music onto the phone. I can't for the life of me get music on my tour. I plug in the phone and the Mac doesn't even recognize it as a mass storage device. Any ideas?

I really don't want to put the card back in the storm just to load music on it and then put it back into my Tour. There must be an easier way!
    07-14-09 07:44 PM
    Help needed... I use Google Sync for my contacts, no problem. When I had my Storm, I just used it as a thumb drive basically and dragged and dropped music onto the phone. I can't for the life of me get music on my tour. I plug in the phone and the Mac doesn't even recognize it as a mass storage device. Any ideas?

I really don't want to put the card back in the storm just to load music on it and then put it back into my Tour. There must be an easier way!
    i've been having the same problem! im hoping there is a fix
    07-14-09 08:02 PM
    Basically what you have to do is follow these steps:
    Go To:
    >Macintosh HD
    >System
    >Library
    >Extensions
    >Delete the files called "BlackberryUSB.kext" and "BlackberryUSBDev.kext"
    >Empty the Trash
    >Re-Install the driver updates from the Blackberry Website
    >Restart Comp
    >Plug in the BB first
    >Go to the PocketSync APP
    >Click on the BB icon.

This worked AWESOME!
    07-14-09 08:23 PM
    I just installed Missing Sync and got it running with absolutely no problems. I really like the Bluetooth sync capability. I absolutely love the fact that I can sync without connecting all the wires and cables.
    07-14-09 08:24 PM
152 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD