Before this I had the Pearl and used the software of BB for Mac for desktop and it worked just fine. I have seen alot of posts where people are having problems with the PC desktop manager and Storm is this also the case for Mac? I haven't hooked mine to my Mac yet but dont want to if there will be problems
    11-21-08 01:52 PM
    PocketMac doesnt work yet - if you download Desktop Manager from the rim site it will work fine on windows computers. For now all there is for us macs is MissingSync - but its not free
    11-21-08 01:53 PM
    I can't get PocketMac to recognize my Storm

VZW has no answer. They want to forward me to Apple. I don't think they will be able to help. I think I need to talk to PocketMac.
    11-21-08 01:58 PM
    Apple said to use iSync. Tried it... This Device is not supported by iSync.
    11-21-08 02:18 PM
    where is information on isync?
    11-21-08 02:21 PM
    i dont wanna spend $40 on missing sync this blows
    11-21-08 02:23 PM
    iSync is pre-installed on MACs it is in the applications folder
    11-21-08 02:31 PM
    I've been using blackberry devices and a mac for a long time and i've bashed my skull against the crappy back up function of pocket mac and missing sync and isync. I found a solution that i'm happy with, but it is long winded and you may not like it. (Mac users like myself shudder at the very thought). VMWare Fusion/XP Pro/traditional desktop manager. Works like a charm. It DOESN'T work with Parallels.
    11-21-08 02:45 PM
    I've been using blackberry devices and a mac for a long time and i've bashed my skull against the crappy back up function of pocket mac and missing sync and isync. I found a solution that i'm happy with, but it is long winded and you may not like it. (Mac users like myself shudder at the very thought). VMWare Fusion/XP Pro/traditional desktop manager. Works like a charm. It DOESN'T work with Parallels.
    I just got the upgrade to Parallels 4.0 (I think). I may give it a shot with that and let you know if it works. You're right though, I F****** HATE XP!

I'm having another problem too. I switched from a Treo 700wx (Wimo) to the Storm and it won't talk nicely with my exchange server. I haven't called my IT group yet but I thought this phone would set up pretty easy. My iPod Touch was a breeze to set up. I think I'd get the iPhone at this point......if it wasn't on AT&T.
    11-21-08 03:04 PM
    Parallels is jacked for bb users. Known issue: USB port gets adapted by OSX and won't allow Parallels to use it. It calims it can, but just do some forum searching. Every thread I've seen (more than 50) report only one or two users able to connect. All the others suffered massive FAIL.
    11-21-08 07:53 PM
    Yeah VmWare is the bomb, I am using Vista Ultimate instead though. Just in case anybody wants to know if Vista is compatible with the new DM software.
    11-21-08 07:57 PM
    Parallels is jacked for bb users. Known issue: USB port gets adapted by OSX and won't allow Parallels to use it. It calims it can, but just do some forum searching. Every thread I've seen (more than 50) report only one or two users able to connect. All the others suffered massive FAIL.
    They fixed the USB port issue with v4.0. I was never able to get into my usb flash drive but now I can. this is why I'm thinking (hoping it may work now.
    11-21-08 09:01 PM
    Is it possible to drag/drop media content onto the memory card from a Mac? I will be getting the Storm tomorrow and would like to know this. My wife has a BB Curve and you can do this so I assume it will work with the Storm. But Ive not seen anyone say they have done this, everyone talking about the media transfer software.
    11-21-08 11:01 PM
    Is it possible to drag/drop media content onto the memory card from a Mac? I will be getting the Storm tomorrow and would like to know this. My wife has a BB Curve and you can do this so I assume it will work with the Storm. But Ive not seen anyone say they have done this, everyone talking about the media transfer software.
    how will you get the memory card into the mac? or transfer it from mac to memory card?
    11-21-08 11:05 PM
    how will you get the memory card into the mac? or transfer it from mac to memory card?
    The Storm comes with a USB cable doesnt it? If you plug it in the Mac should it see it as a mass storage device. This is how how my wifes Curve works.
    Last edited by voodoodaddy; 11-22-08 at 12:59 AM. Reason: bad grammar
    11-22-08 12:34 AM
    I have a Mac and just got the Storm today. I was able to download all my music, contacts, photos, and movies using a combination of Missing Sync and file transfering.

Missing to Sync to move the contact info. (also did some photos from iPhoto via Missing Sync)

For the rest, I simply drag-and-dropped the music, remaining photos, and videos. You have to make sure that you change one setting though. Options>>Memory>>"auto enable Mass storage mode when connected"...change that setting to "yes". if you do that, your Mac finder will see the blackberry's internal device drive and the microSD card drives separately. You can drag and drop onto whichever one you prefer...although the microSD will have way more free space obviously.
    11-22-08 12:45 AM
    I have a Mac and just got the Storm today. Missing to Sync to move the contact info. (also did some photos from iPhoto via Missing Sync) For the rest, I simply drag-and-dropped the music, remaining photos, and videos. You have to make sure that you change one setting though. Options>>Memory>>"auto enable Mass storage mode when connected"...change that setting to "yes". if you do that, your Mac finder will see the blackberry's internal device drive and the microSD card drives separately. You can drag and drop onto whichever one you prefer...although the microSD will have way more free space obviously.
    i did the same thing and it all worked swimmingly.

I'm really enjoying the Storm. a vast upgrade from the iPhone i had. i blended the iphone after i saw how much better the Storm was for email. made lots of ismoke.
    11-22-08 12:57 AM
    so i need to drop $40 if i want to get my contacts and calendars up? bummer...
    11-22-08 01:15 AM
    I migrated to a MacBook Pro in April, and I use parallels for work access.

Since I am a BES user, never really cared about trying to think that I couldn't synch, as I didn't need to.

Well, today, I loaded the Storm's desktop manager to my virtual machine, then easily backed up my 8830.

I needed to reboot once or twice, mainly because I was using a ton of resources while synching.

Lastly, I connected the Storm and 5 minutes later, I was completely switched to the Storm on the BES and fully synched.

It can be done - and easily - and I am not sure on the version, but I haven't gone to the new upgrade yet.

BTW - you can go in and connect or disconnect any device or peripheral in Parsllels, with the click of a button - I do it all the time.

Good luck!

LNG
    11-22-08 02:10 AM
    Hello .. I just got a Strom like 2 days ago.. you take out the Mem card from the storm.. put it into a card reader... Mac 15 can use the airport slot for a card reader... 13 Mac a usb card reader. Dwnload what ever into the Dwn Load folder in the Mac. Then drag/drop to the right spot in the memory card. The Storm Memory card already has sub folders for Wallpaper, ringtones, pics and what not...
    06-07-09 01:27 PM
    Hi everyone. I am new to both Mac and Storm and I am having trouble getting my Mac to recognize my Storm. I used iSync and located my Storm via bluetooth. What I really want to do is drag and drop mp3s onto the media card. When I plug in via USB, the phone charges, but my Mac does nothing. When I tried to send songs via Bluetooth, it said my device did not have the necessary services. Any help would be appreciated!
    06-07-09 09:45 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD