So I have tried everything to sync my BB with my Mac but have not been successful. My Mac is not recognizing that I have my BB plugged in with the USB cord. My BB has a little plug icon near the battery, but the PocketMac is blank under "Status" and "Device" when I go to the BB icon in the PocketMac SyncManager.
    I have uninstalled and re-installed PocketMac and the driver update many times and have followed different directions but nothing seems to work. I even emailed the PocketMac people but they just suggested what I have already tried.

Any suggestions would be helpful!
    07-20-08 09:27 PM
    iirc:
    1) download newest pocket mac driver, and pocket mac application (both dmg files)
    2) run driver install
    3) restart
    4) run pocket mac install (2 installation windows pop up, and one takes a while)
    5) restart
    6) connect bb to USB port (say no to mass storage option)
    7) start up pocket mac - click on the blackberry icon to get status.
    8) if you get status 'connected' and you can see your pin - good to go.

i have no idea if any of the above steps were necessary/critical. But it's what i did, and i worked the 1st time. since then, it doesn't matter whether mass storage is enabled or not, pocketmac sees the blackberry just fine.

hth
    b
    07-20-08 10:05 PM
    I am having the same problem. Have you had any luck with this?
    07-23-08 01:58 PM
    According to my reliable little Blackberry/Mac genius at BestBuy, with the newest model 8330 came a new Mac-incompatible "subtype" of USB 2.0 port, on the included connector cable between phone and computer. Vista/Windows is responsible in part, attempting to make Blackberry users use windows (USB ports there being compatible) only, in back & forth synching.
    My iMac recognizes the 8GB micro SDHC card, and allows me to drag & drop music ("purchased" Music only, not "protected") and pictures onto it but even with the latest PocketMacSynch-whatever tool---my iMac still does not recognize the 8330 phone.
    I am no genius, but this is what my young-genius at Best Buy told me.
    I have just managed to work around this. I am good a dragging and dropping. My main concern was not contacts, but wanting to transfer my many bookmarks. I did this with by downloading Opera, then Opera Mini.
    The disc-installed softare that came with the 8330 Curve, that is only windows compatible---I have found is not user friendly, not intuitive, and not easily understandable.
    07-23-08 07:35 PM
    "mac incompatible" usb 2 cable? that sounds a little out there - usually it's the driver operations or what not that causes problems.... but I'm not an expert.

However, my curve is less than 2 weeks old, and it synced fine with the included cable.

I did forget to add a step in the above listed order

0) install, test, and then uninstall missing sync. It worked better, but isn't worth $40.
    07-23-08 08:19 PM
    If you are having issues with the device not functioning, there is a set of drivers for the PocketSync. Since PocketMac has not been updated with some of the newer device drivers, RIM has put together an update. It can be found here on RIM's site. https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads/browseSoftware.do

At this page, you will find the most up to date PocketMac app, and the drivers update package as well.

KEEP IN MIND! That this will not put a Blackberry icon on your desktop!!!!!!!! This will simply allow you to clear any errors while syncing, install newer drivers to assist with USB charging issues.
    08-05-08 06:59 PM
    I am having these issues. THe blackberry charges via a usb cable. I did not buy my blackberry new so I did not get another USB cable. I'm using one from a Canon digital camera.

My blackberry synced once with pocketmac, then everything just went haywire. I have spent about fifteen hours so far uninstalling and reinstalling pocket mac then finally decided to dump it for missing sync, but now I can't even get that to work. Missing sync just fires up the bluetooth connector when I try to do the first sync. This means that the mac is not recognizing the blackberry via USB. The missing sync, btw, will not let you run the first sync via bluetooth, for whatever reason.

So I think this is a mac issue because it is not recognizing the bb curve on the usb side. it is not my cable, because pocketmac actually synced that *one* time.

Any ideas?
    03-23-09 11:08 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD