My Curve 8330 (Verizon) arrives tomorrow (fingers crossed and God willing).
    I have Macs at home (OS 10.4 or better on desktop and laptop) and a PC at work (Vista).

Primary work function for my BB will be e-mail and document manipulation. At home, I'll use it as needed if work comes up, otherwise it'll be "just" my phone.

My question is, "Can I use it interchangeably at work and at home for syncing with Gmail and Google Calendar? Or, Should I configure my Outlook mail server at work for Gmail? What about my Google Calendar?"

Though this phone is provided by work, we are a small, family operation and do not have BES.

I know only enough to be dangerous, so answers (or links to answers if they already exist in these forums) would be most appreciated.

Is it safe to assume that, given the choice of one or the other, the PC is more compatible with my Curve than Mac.

Thanks in advance from an early adopter who's been waiting for the hardware/data prices to fall in line with his budget.

Will provide more info if requested of me.

AgentScribe
    02-10-09 06:08 PM
    Pc is way better w/ the cur e than the Mac

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-10-09 06:10 PM
    I have a Mac, but use a PC (running on my Mac) with my berry. Stick with Outlook, it's easy and works well. I use BIS (not BES) with my company mail. I also have several personal email accounts that I access on the berry. Just make sure that you associate your calendar with your Outlook account.

Here's a great place to start "researching": http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/
    02-10-09 06:17 PM
    Correct, the PC is the way to go for you. Macs and BlackBerries don't get along ...
    02-10-09 06:20 PM
    Build a Hackintosh and have both a PC and a Mac and save a ton of money in the process over that Apple emblem superglued to the case.
    02-10-09 06:30 PM
    Just use the PC. Sync to Outlook. Abandon the Mac
    02-10-09 06:31 PM
    I would never abandon my mac its hands down better than any pc. I am sad that I have to us a pc for the berry & outlook. Once they get it working on the mac... Bye-bye POS ps!

02-10-09 07:29 PM
    I would never abandon my mac its hands down better than any pc. I am sad that I have to us a pc for the berry & outlook. Once they get it working on the mac... Bye-bye POS ps!

02-10-09 07:35 PM
    Just use the PC. Sync to Outlook. Abandon the Mac
    Not helpful really....

Only reason I use a pc to sync my berry is because Groupwise for mac stinks....
    02-10-09 07:37 PM
    thanks everybody! won't give up my Macs but will make the PC my operating base.

AgentScribe
    02-11-09 06:02 AM
    thanks for the link steve, I'm going there now. Tell me more about how the calendar operates? Right now, on my old phone, I uses text msgs, e-mail and pop ups from Google Calendar for notifications.
    Google says Outlook only allows one reminder, pop up.
    How does this integrate with BB's calendar? Will the pop-up occur on the phone?
    I realize these are rudimentary questions, I'm trying to get up to speed as quick as I can.
    If your link answers this question, then disregard.

Thanks again,

AgentScribe
    02-11-09 06:12 AM
    My Curve 8330 (Verizon) arrives tomorrow (fingers crossed and God willing).
    I have Macs at home (OS 10.4 or better on desktop and laptop) and a PC at work (Vista).

Primary work function for my BB will be e-mail and document manipulation. At home, I'll use it as needed if work comes up, otherwise it'll be "just" my phone.

My question is, "Can I use it interchangeably at work and at home for syncing with Gmail and Google Calendar? Or, Should I configure my Outlook mail server at work for Gmail? What about my Google Calendar?"

Though this phone is provided by work, we are a small, family operation and do not have BES.

I know only enough to be dangerous, so answers (or links to answers if they already exist in these forums) would be most appreciated.

Is it safe to assume that, given the choice of one or the other, the PC is more compatible with my Curve than Mac.

Thanks in advance from an early adopter who's been waiting for the hardware/data prices to fall in line with his budget.

Will provide more info if requested of me.

AgentScribe
    Missing Sync 2.0 is pretty slick and can take care of most of your needs, besides upgrading your phone. RIM is rumoured to be building a new desktop manager for Mac though, which would fix that up.
    02-11-09 06:53 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD