After using my blackberry 8900 with a PC laptop and the desktop software without any problems i connected the Curve to my mac ibook running OSx 10.3.9 .

After reading on the blackberry site about the desktop software it looks like I'm out of luck , it seems only compatible with the latest mac OS systems ?

Does anyone know of any sync software i can use to link up my blackberry to my mac ?

thanks
    06-01-10 05:26 AM
    Yep. The Mac version of the DM ONLY runs on 10.5+ on the Intel based macs. Which leaves my 10.4 iBook unable to work either. But I can't blame RIM for not wanting to develop for what is essentially an obsolete platform, as the Intel based macs have been out for a couple years now.
    06-01-10 06:40 AM
    yeh i can agree with that , just wondered if anyone had found a way around it .

thanks
    06-01-10 06:57 AM
    There isn't one, outside of installing an Intel processor in your iBook (not gonna happen) or your iMac / eMac / Macbook Pro. (only units I can think of that didn't have Intel right away)

You need to either upgrade or use PocketSync or some other third party application.

EDIT: Did 10.3 (I can't remember, but I never tried it when I had 10.3 anyways) have BootCamp Assistant? If it does, you should just run a BootCamp partition, run XP or 7, and use Windows DM if you need it.Then you can do leaks and stuff too.
    Last edited by GlitchZero; 06-01-10 at 08:02 AM.
    06-01-10 07:59 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD