07-24-09 01:37 AM
59 123
tools
    Yea I ended up using google sync

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    While I use and like Google Sync, it doesn't sync the address fields of my contacts. It does fine with the email, phone, and notes field (at the bottom of the contact) and even the picture. I think Google is working on this.
    07-23-09 07:47 AM
    I have a mac, but I dual boot it with windows but I still can't wait for the mac-intended DM version. It'll just make things much more convenient
    07-23-09 07:56 AM
    I had to reinstall PocketMac to get it to sync right but I think I was having problems with it and my 8830 the last time I used it (in the end it did work right with the 8830 as well) Once I reinstalled it worked flawlessly... too bad no BT sync support... hopefully the Mac DM will fix that.
    07-23-09 08:46 AM
    all you mac users ***** and moan... just install vmware fusion or parallels and accept you need windows for some things in this world!
    So far I've not needed PC. Not really sure why you would be trolling this thread since it appears you don't use .

At work we use a tablet PC and it reminds me every single day why I switched to Mac. Unreliable, tweaky, locks up, etc.

Mac has a large enough following that RIM should have supported it long ago.

Flame on man, flame on....
    07-23-09 11:08 AM
    I dont know if everyone saw the post on the main page last week, but RIM is coming out with Desktop Manager for Mac. If I remember correctly, sometime in September. Cant wait!
    07-23-09 11:28 AM
    really your having problems? i plugged my tour right into my macbook pro and it synced actually faster then my storm all is good over here for pocketmac
    07-23-09 02:54 PM
    oddly enough, just updated my PocketSync with the updates from the BB site. set my Tours Auto Mass Storage to 'Prompt', selected 'yes' when connection was made (on the bb). a few seconds later, it pops up as a drive on my desktop and my PocketSync sees the BB/pin.

Ran a sync and works just as it should. that goes without saying, im still looking forward to the DM for Mac come Sept.
    07-23-09 03:16 PM
    Not trying to be mean - but you shoud have researched this prior to buying your berry. I'm an avid mac user, and have my bb set up to sync to google. I also have my address book/ical on osx set up to sync to google and mobile me. This way, my ipod touch, macbook pro, and berry are always in constant sync. There are several ways to setup syncing with google/mobile me/osx/blackberry ... I use calendardev ... Just do a quick google search, its all pretty easy to set up, only took me 20 min and all of my devices are syncing. I have no need to use a PC, and by september, (when snow leopard is rlsed) we will have a mac client to upgrade os 5.0 with

I just traded in my Iphone for the new Blackberry Tour and must say that I am truly disappointed!! I like the phone alot but didnt expect to have so many obstacles just to transfer my contacts which are on my Mac...

I found the program "Missing Sync" and was wondering if anyone had any success with this and their Tour? Before I pay for it I want to know that it will work...

Thx..
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-23-09 03:18 PM
    I was having trouble with PocketMac until I popped in the disc that came with my Tour and updated PocketMac to make it Tour-compatible. Took me a few extra minutes, but once it was taken care of I could use PocketMac just as I had with my old 8830WE.
    How were you able to do this? I put the disc in and when i clicked download software it took me to the blackberry website. From there i downloaded the pocketmac software and the drivers. The software still doesn't recognize my phone though...
    07-24-09 01:37 AM
59 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD