07-24-09 01:37 AM
59 123
tools
    I just traded in my Iphone for the new Blackberry Tour and must say that I am truly disappointed!! I like the phone alot but didnt expect to have so many obstacles just to transfer my contacts which are on my Mac...

I found the program "Missing Sync" and was wondering if anyone had any success with this and their Tour? Before I pay for it I want to know that it will work...

Thx..
    I have had about zero luck with pocket mac or missing sync. I gave up and just started syncing to the google cloud. I thought the support for missing sync was lousy, but you may have better luck.

I had only sparse issues with the duplication of contacts in google, but it seems to have balanced out now. It seemed to help more when I edited contacts in gmail and not on my phone, but that may be just a hallucination...
    07-14-09 12:27 AM
    ID 10 T

remove the spaces and what's it spell?
    Haha. Yes. I realize that. But your the second or third person I've seen that's used that tonight in the Tour forums. I was just seeing where everyone got it from.
    07-14-09 12:31 AM
    all you mac users ***** and moan... just install vmware fusion or parallels and accept you need windows for some things in this world!
    07-14-09 12:46 AM
    all you mac users ***** and moan... just install vmware fusion or parallels and accept you need windows for some things in this world!
    As big of a following that Apple computers hold, asking for a desktop manager for OSx (which is VERY easy to convert on their part) is not asking much, at all.

My LG Dare even had Mac compatible software.
    07-14-09 12:50 AM
    I was having trouble with PocketMac until I popped in the disc that came with my Tour and updated PocketMac to make it Tour-compatible. Took me a few extra minutes, but once it was taken care of I could use PocketMac just as I had with my old 8830WE.
    07-14-09 01:30 AM
    Thank You!
    07-14-09 01:36 AM
    thanks for heads up
    07-14-09 01:37 AM
    Isn't this a compelling reason to use Missing Sync 2.0 right off the bat? I don't think I've read ONE Mac user who's been happy with Pocket Mac.
    Could not agree more with you...pocket pc was a thorn in my side. I paid the $ for missing sync and have never looked back....now my only problem is now I have to buy for BB. I am coming from a winmo device....wish I could get some sort of transfer but I understand they are running a biz and it's a different device. Oh well, at least it will be worth it...happy Touring!
    07-14-09 01:38 AM
    Missing Sync is working fine for me.
    Last edited by snookiesnoo; 07-14-09 at 01:59 AM.
    07-14-09 01:55 AM
    Not all of us are willing to settle for mediocre. Like the Storm for example.
    07-14-09 01:57 AM
    PocketMac worked fine for me.... just had to install the drivers from the BB site but it sync'd my contacts just fine...

says "no media card present" when I look on the iTunes or iPhoto tabs though so who knows...

(I'm a n00b BB usr btw... so far I love it!)
    07-14-09 02:02 AM
    Emulators do not support "iCal" or "Address Book" updates. there's still to ***** and moan about
    07-14-09 02:19 AM
    If Windows wasn't such a cheap steaming POS that Microsoft is darn near trying to give away free, developers would more than likely move to a better platform and that type of comment wouldn't be necessary.

~X

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-14-09 02:59 AM
    Ooo, nicely put.

~X

07-14-09 03:02 AM
    Hey, this is/was a Mac vs. Windows discussion, no need to insult the storm or any other BB.

I don't understand why people have to bring something non-related to the discussion just to bash on it
    07-14-09 10:16 AM
    what exactly can you sync from google sync?
    07-14-09 10:22 AM
    wow... thanks for contributing to the conversation... now please go away.

For everyone else: Missing Sync works great with the Tour via USB and Bluetooth. I didn't even bother installing PocketMac. Missing Sync also lets you install applications downloaded to your computer as well as convert video and music for upload to your BlackBerry. iPhoto, iCal, AddressBook, and iTunes sync all worked flawlessly as well.
    07-14-09 10:29 AM
    Pardon me for wanting to use an application on an OS that works....

I am kidding. It is just kind of a pain to load parallels or boot into windows just to sync my contacts.

As a major competitor, I would think RIM would love to have a system that interfaces with Mac at least as well as the iphone, if not better....
    07-15-09 12:46 AM
    Hey guys in response to my frustrations earlier I have spent 9 plus hrs the past 2 days tryin to work pocketmac I called tech support and over 2 days finally solved the problem the drivers were downloaded n now I can finally backup everything...as far as music goes I just drag them into my blackberry port cause its much faster and easier and you can drag individual songs instead of having to make a playlist..all in all call tech support don't hesitate they're nice and get the job done!
    07-15-09 12:54 AM
    Does Missing Sync work with the Tour? It's not listed as a supported device on their site.
    I just bought missing sync for about $40.00. Provides for bluetooth syncing as well. Yea, the Tour is listed as supported. After 4 hours of trying to make the #%@ing thing work with pocket-hockey or pocket mac (whatever it's called), I broke down and bought it. It was either $40.00 for software or $40.00 on sheet-rock repair. Love the phone though!
    07-15-09 01:03 AM
    Keep in mind that if you tried PocketMac and then bought The Missing Sync, delete all PocketMac app files & restart your Mac prior to installing The Missing Sync. The first 2.0 had A LOT of problems (in general) and Mark/Space I believe has the installer do the removal for you now but just to be safe.

~X

07-15-09 06:03 AM
    Yea I ended up using google sync

I am a Mac user also and Google Sync is the way to go for me. I've never had good luck with PocketMac. I try it now and then and it's never worked to sync contacts, music, etc.
    Isn't this a compelling reason to use Missing Sync 2.0 right off the bat? I don't think I've read ONE Mac user who's been happy with Pocket Mac.
    google sync worked for me as well and yes, i've heard that missing sync is a better way to go However, I am still a little gun shy as I have heard some bad reviews...just sayin
    07-15-09 08:31 AM
    I just downloaded the missing sync for the BB Tour. It works great and with much less hassle than pocket mac. Ironically, I purchased it days before BB announced there will be a Desktop Manager released for Macs in September. The forty bucks is still worth not fighting pocketmac for 2 or 3 months. I use the Bluetooth sync option for contacts, itunes, pictures but not for the ical. I still use google sync as I can update the calendar, anywhere anytime. For some reason the missing sync has duplicated all my appointments from iCal. Not sure why. Not a big enough deal at this point as the Google sync is so easy to use anywhere. I would be interested if anyone had a similar issue or how to fix it so iCal appointments were not duplicated.
    07-21-09 04:37 PM
    sync my calendars and all my folders and task
    07-22-09 10:08 PM
    Have never had a problem with PocketMac works great with my Tour.

I have found that most people don't download the updated drivers nor default mass storage to yes.

Although the problems with syncing our BB and Macs will soon be over, the Mac DM will be here in September or so RIM states.
    07-23-09 02:15 AM
59 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD