07-24-09 01:37 AM
59 123
tools
    It seems that RIM/BB is faster than the "PocketMac" app guys cuz their app is not updated yet to accept the Tour software. In talking to a very knowledgable Verizon rep (also a Mac owner), he told me to check the website for "PocketMac" and sure enough they have not updated the app.
    So if you want to upload all your contact info, and the store is too stupid to do it, you will need a PC to to the Transfer Manager and transfer from your old BB to the new Tour.
    Just a little FYI since my store could not transfer my info for some reason and I tried PocketMac 4 times before finally calling Tech......all is good now.
    Figured that I screwed with mine for 3 hours so why not help others in not wasting their time like I did.....
    Last edited by Outcasthb; 07-12-09 at 10:52 PM.
    07-12-09 10:45 PM
    thx bro

10 char
    07-12-09 10:49 PM
    thanks for the heads up...
    07-13-09 07:24 AM
    Yea I ended up using google sync

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-13-09 07:45 AM
    I figured out the hard way as well last night. Picked up 2 Tour's (full retail) from my local Verizon wireless store here in Everett, MA. I have Mac's in the house, and couldn't synch up contacts using PocketMac, but luckily, since I'm a graduate student, I have a spare Lenovo laptop (X300) which I used flawlessly to synch my contacts from my PC to my new Tour.

All is well now.
    07-13-09 07:53 AM
    I am a Mac user also and Google Sync is the way to go for me. I've never had good luck with PocketMac. I try it now and then and it's never worked to sync contacts, music, etc.
    07-13-09 07:53 AM
    Yea googlesync worked flawlessly for me this time. Last time it duplicated all my contacts though. Any advice on how to avoid this in the future?

07-13-09 08:15 AM
    Isn't this a compelling reason to use Missing Sync 2.0 right off the bat? I don't think I've read ONE Mac user who's been happy with Pocket Mac.
    07-13-09 08:41 AM
    Thanks for the info lets hope they update it soon. I am fortunate enough to have a pc for my backup computer but my main use is a MacBook Pro.
    07-13-09 08:45 AM
    Does Missing Sync work with the Tour? It's not listed as a supported device on their site.
    07-13-09 09:29 PM
    I downloaded missing sync but haven't used it yet..hopefully it works

07-13-09 09:34 PM
    Another option is VMware or parallels with XP or Vista installed. I have a small Virtual Machine I use just to manage my companies blackberries on my mac. Makes life much easier. Just my 2 cents
    07-13-09 09:47 PM
    Cloud Syncing is the only way to go (i.e. Google Sync). I will never chain my Blackberry to a desktop PIM again.
    07-13-09 09:49 PM
    RIM needs to step up their game.
    I'm sure most of the tech's at RIM are Mac users as well.
    07-13-09 09:54 PM
    ive used pocketmac with my tour and was able to sync my contacts over..no problem with that...yet atleast

EDIT...

go to "OPTIONS", click on "MEMORY", and make sure "AUTO ENABLE MASS SUPPORT STORAGE MODE WHEN CONNECTED" is on "NO" ...save that...connect the usb cable with the tour to the mac, wait a few moments then load up the pocketmac, try to sync and it should work...good luck
    Last edited by xMASTIFFSx; 07-13-09 at 10:14 PM.
    07-13-09 10:07 PM
    07-13-09 10:16 PM
    ive used pocketmac with my tour and was able to sync my contacts over..no problem with that...yet atleast

EDIT...

go to "OPTIONS", click on "MEMORY", and make sure "AUTO ENABLE MASS SUPPORT STORAGE MODE WHEN CONNECTED" is on "NO" ...save that...connect the usb cable with the tour to the mac, wait a few moments then load up the pocketmac, try to sync and it should work...good luck
    Tried this and got a warning saying it couldn't connect. Not sure if this is a Tour issue or an ID 10 T error.
    07-13-09 10:42 PM
    Tried this and got a warning saying it couldn't connect. Not sure if this is a Tour issue or an ID 10 T error.
    is there a password set on your device? if so make sure you put the password into the pocketmac app
    07-13-09 11:19 PM
    Where did everyone get the ID 10 T error thing from?
    Or did you get it from Smash?

Because that's the first time I had heard it.
    07-13-09 11:29 PM
    is there a password set on your device? if so make sure you put the password into the pocketmac app
    no password. but it works now.

I think the step I didn't follow was "wait a few moments"

I'm all about the instant gratification.

THANKS!
    07-13-09 11:38 PM
    missing sync all the way... it even supports bluetooth transfers now!!
    07-13-09 11:48 PM
    google sync would be great if it didn't keep duplicating my contacts.
    07-13-09 11:55 PM
    Where did everyone get the ID 10 T error thing from?
    Or did you get it from Smash?

Because that's the first time I had heard it.
    ID 10 T

remove the spaces and what's it spell?
    Last edited by iJoe; 07-13-09 at 11:58 PM. Reason: ***** apparently is a no no
    07-13-09 11:57 PM
    I just traded in my Iphone for the new Blackberry Tour and must say that I am truly disappointed!! I like the phone alot but didnt expect to have so many obstacles just to transfer my contacts which are on my Mac...

I found the program "Missing Sync" and was wondering if anyone had any success with this and their Tour? Before I pay for it I want to know that it will work...

Thx..
    07-13-09 11:58 PM
    I don't think PocketMac has been updated since late last year, as far as I know

ID 10 T

remove the spaces and what's it spell?
    Classic, I'm still laughing at it... It took me a sec after removing the spaces in my head
    Last edited by Venc; 07-14-09 at 12:01 AM.
    07-13-09 11:59 PM
59 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD