The above message popped up on my iMac after the latest version of BB desktop software froze (for at least 15 minutes) while attempting to sync my contacts, all options were greyed out while it was attempting to sync except for the blue progress bar in BB Desktop. After 20 mins all I could do was pull the USB from the phone which led to the warning. The message continued "You can still open or copy files on the disk but you can't save changes to files on the disk". Back up the disk and reformat it as soon as you can".

Blackberry 1 is not the media card, which shows up as Blackberry 2 on Mac's Finder. BB 1 is the phone's internal memory itself. On the phone I've located under Options how to format the phone's internal storage. My data is backed up by Desktop software but I'm concerned to proceed in case I muck the whole thing up - can anyone give me guidance please? As the warning came up on the iMac, I am wondering if this warning refers to the Mac hard-drive rather than the Bold internal memory?

(Phone is Bold 9900, BB OS7, i-Mac running OSX Lion, latest version of Desktop software downloaded yesterday (when the problem arose) Phone and computer both appear to be working ok as does my BB tablet)
    dave@cockyhoop.co.uk

Many thanks, Dave
    Report Inappropriate Content
    Message 1 of 1 (11 Views)
    Add Tag...
    02-22-12 05:04 PM
    I tried to back up my 9930 with the just released 2.3 for MAC and I froze the same way. I didn't wait more that 5 minutes because I knew something was wrong. I pulled the USB out. I tried it two more times and had the exact same problem. I then disconnected my 9930. That was enough. I found the BB Desktop Software Uninstall and did an uninstall. I then found a version of 2.2 that was still on my MAC and re-installed that. This time I plugged in and everything went as usual. Software started up and connected as soon as I plugged in. It did a backup nice and quick. I then went into options and clicked "Never" for checking and installing updates. There is obviously an issue with this new build. Good luck
    02-22-12 05:33 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD