Got my BB yesterday from a Mac-ignorant salesperson. The CD with sync software leads to the website which only offers software compatible with Snow Leopard. Does anyone know if it is possible to connect with MacBook Pro running 10.4? Otherwise it's going back. Thanks.
    10-17-09 09:31 AM
    GO back - DM for MAC requires 10.5.X min
    10-17-09 09:34 AM
    My friends keeps telling me it's fine w/o computer sync. Is it?
    10-17-09 09:46 AM
    Is there a BB I CAN use?
    10-17-09 09:47 AM
    There are other options to sync a BB device - Google Sync, Yahoo sync, and a new one that Best Buy offers. If you want to back-up fully and have the ablility to upgrade your OS, you will a PC or MAC running 10.5.X
    10-17-09 09:49 AM
    thanks for your help. i got this at Best Buy yesterday and they didn't say anything about "a new one." I guess I'll try with Yahoo sync but do you know what BestBuy's is called or what to ask for?
    10-17-09 09:52 AM
    I have both a BB and a Mac (though I'm using Snow Leopard). There are couple of options for you.

1) Buy a program called MissingSync (something like $30). I used it with 10.4 to sync my BB phones.

2) The easiest solution would be to simply upgrade to Snow Leopard The performance upgrade is well worth the cost!

3) Use google. I haven't had as much luck with this on my BB, but you can sync all your contacts and calendars with google using a program called Spanning Sync. Then use google sync from your BB to sync with google. Google Sync is free (but i haven't been able to really get to work well, though I haven't tried to hard). Spanning sync is $20 per year or $60 one time fee (I think).

There you have it. Good luck.
    10-17-09 09:54 AM
    It is Called MIQ

Here is a link to check it out.

Best Buy mIQ
    10-17-09 09:55 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD