I was having a ton of trouble downloading OS onto wiped BB. Called Verizon and they told me of new DM for MACs that you could download with!!!! I was able to do so and now my wiped BB is back up and running!! DM available from VerizonWireless.
    01-11-10 01:23 PM
    Where did you get it?
    01-11-10 02:17 PM
    I was having a ton of trouble downloading OS onto wiped BB. Called Verizon and they told me of new DM for MACs that you could download with!!!! I was able to do so and now my wiped BB is back up and running!! DM available from VerizonWireless.
    Just plugged my storm int my Mac. If there was an upgrade to DM it would have done so automatically. So where is this upgrade you claim to have? If you are talking about DM version 1.0.2 thats very old news.
    01-11-10 02:28 PM
    Just plugged my storm int my Mac. If there was an upgrade to DM it would have done so automatically. So where is this upgrade you claim to have? If you are talking about DM version 1.0.2 thats very old news.
    Not old news but NEW! Available from VerizonWireless. I know it works because I just fixed my nuked, bricked BB with it and it works just fine.
    01-11-10 02:30 PM
    http://search.vzw.com/?do=viewdoc&id=25500&supportview=1&p=5067
    01-11-10 02:43 PM
    Oma..

Appreciate the effort, however after looking at the link, its for Version 1.0

RIM has already released 1.0.2 as mentioned earlier a while ago.
    01-11-10 03:37 PM
    Oma..

Appreciate the effort, however after looking at the link, its for Version 1.0

RIM has already released 1.0.2 as mentioned earlier a while ago.
    My downloaded version is 1.0.2. I certainly would have like to have known about this before...would have saved me a TON of grief. I had thought that the Desktop Manager for Mac was only for syncing until today. Verizon told me this was relatively new but that is neither here nor there. It is a valuable tool for us 'Apples.'
    01-11-10 04:21 PM
    My sisters 8900 curve was nuked and i was able to bring it back to life using DM Mac v1.0.

The thing is, its always been capable of updating handsets with the OFFICIAL firmware. Just not leaks. So when I synched her BB it found the latest official firmware for her carrier /service Provider and i was able to upload it.
    01-12-10 08:34 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD