Would I be able to sync music via USB cable with my mac?

After searching around that is the only question I have about my soon to be 8130.

Also, will VZW give me any crap about it not being bought from the V-Cast?
    02-08-08 04:52 PM
    If you have a Mac like I do(MacBook)and you use Mac Desktop for Blackberry the answer is no!Mark/Space dose have a good ap that well do that for ya.(its not free)The only thing you cannt do is putting themes on your Curve,for now the only answer to that problem is to have a PC(I also have a PC Notebook.)The 8310 Curve is sweet!Enjoy
    Tim
    02-08-08 05:53 PM
    If you connect it with a USB and make sure you have Mass Storage Mode turned on, then you can put music on it fine! That's what I do! I have a PowerBook G4
    02-08-08 06:22 PM
    If you have a Mac like I do(MacBook)and you use Mac Desktop for Blackberry the answer is no!Mark/Space dose have a good ap that well do that for ya.(its not free)The only thing you cannt do is putting themes on your Curve,for now the only answer to that problem is to have a PC(I also have a PC Notebook.)The 8310 Curve is sweet!Enjoy
    Tim
    I am not sure if the Curve and the Pearl have the same way of doing it, but I am getting a Pearl, and this is in the Pearl section, lol.

If you connect it with a USB and make sure you have Mass Storage Mode turned on, then you can put music on it fine! That's what I do! I have a PowerBook G4

Thanks, I just wanted to make sure it will work.

I will test on my Dad's Curve tonight, since he has one for work.

Then I am getting my Pearl tomorrow :]
    02-08-08 07:11 PM
    This does work for some Mac's and some BB's, for others this method may cause their BB to power off once selecting "yes" to using as a mass storage device.

In the event this is what you find, you can purchase a micro SD Reader(I bought one a Verizon for 19.99). This will allow you to drag and drop music directly to your memory card.
    Last edited by ryanokrant; 02-08-08 at 07:22 PM.
    02-08-08 07:20 PM
    This does work for some Mac's and some BB's, for others this method may cause their BB to power off once selecting "yes" to using as a mass storage device.

In the event this is what you find, you can purchase a micro SD Reader(I bought one a Verizon for 19.99). This will allow you to drag and drop music directly to your memory card.
    They were asking about the Pearl though. That's what I have as well and it never powered off doing it that way.
    02-08-08 11:32 PM
    They were asking about the Pearl though. That's what I have as well and it never powered off doing it that way.
    I have a Pearl, and the only way was with the card reader like ryanokrant stated. Kept getting white screen. But you can sync the Pearl as long as you turn off mass media mode. Syncing would be for address book, notes, tasks, calendar but not music.

Running OS X 10.5.1 Leopard. I believe this is an issue only with Pearls and on Leopard.
    02-11-08 09:03 AM
    thanks for the info
    02-17-08 04:34 AM
    Don't worry about VZW's V-Cast...the BB is the one manufacturer they sell that's exempt from V-Cast!

I use a microSD card to transfer music and ringtones onto. Works like a charm!
    02-17-08 11:34 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD