Anyone have a script or know what script I should use to bluetooth tether my 8900 to my MacBook Pro?
    02-03-09 01:27 PM
    Hi, I set up a Rogers 8900 Javelin on a Macbook Pro Uni-Body running 10.5.6 last week for a buddy. Used the drivers off of fibble.org for the 8800 I think it was. Speed was ok, but kind of "Bursty" (fast, wait a few seconds, fast, wait, fast etc) compared to a Bold.

Was fairly basic, but had to add an extra port to do DUN in the bluetooth settings for it on the Mac.

If you can't get it working let me know, I can log in into your machine and give you a hand.
    02-03-09 08:55 PM
    Anyone have a script or know what script I should use to bluetooth tether my 8900 to my MacBook Pro?
    I have the BB Bold and us the following website as a guide to setting my phone as a bluetooth tether. If you have any issues with the instructions PM me, or reply to the thread I would be happy to help you. And yes it says pearl, pick the latest BB on the list and you should have no problems.

Backdrifter: Configure BlackBerry Pearl as a Modem on Mac OS X
    02-04-09 08:03 AM
    what do i enter for Tmobile instead of :
    Username: WAP@CINGULARGPRS.COM
    Password: CINGULAR1
    Phone Number: wap.cingular
    05-01-09 02:00 PM
    phone number: wap.voicestream.com
    username: guest
    password: guest
    05-01-09 04:33 PM
    phone number: wap.voicestream.com
    username: guest
    password: guest
    MUCH appreciated...will try all this tonight
    05-01-09 04:45 PM
    please respond to this ASAP, I started the bluetooth pairing, and then got to the step where you enter the Phone Vendor, Phone Model, Username, Password, and Phone Number. But all the boxes that your supposed to type in the information to start the internet sharing is grey so I cant type in anything. How do i "ungrey" these boxes (haha)
    03-17-10 01:44 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD