I cannot get my MacBook Pro and my BB Curve to sync their calenders. All information was on both the handheld and the laptop... but then I synched before leaving the office using the USB cable and PocketMac Sync Manager as I regularly do, only to find that in the process it cleared ALL the info from my laptop calender and will not pull it back from the Curve.....

Can anyone help suggest how I overcome this....it's pretty sub-optimal !

Thanks.
    Last edited by navilyn; 07-30-07 at 07:16 AM. Reason: ...moved to the MAC thread.
    07-27-07 07:46 PM
    Sounds like you have PocketMac set to have the handheld overwrite the desktop. Check the settings within PocketMac and ensure that its a two-way sync and not overwriting. If not, at the worst, you can force the BB to overwrite the desktop calendar, and at the least you'll have your information back. Highly suggested though, before you futz with any of the settings on PocketMac for overriding data, I strongly suggest you gain access to a PC and backup your BB to it before anything else.
    08-06-07 01:55 PM
    I am new to all of this, so please bare with me. Once you have synced to a Mac or PC, can you then sync with the other without any problems? Also, can you do this on a regular basis? Thanks!
    08-07-07 11:54 AM
    As a rule of thumb, you should never sync any PIM device to two different computers because complications always arise, let alone syncing between PC and Mac.

While it may or may not work (for a short or very long time), complications inevitably arise. I've had to rebuild Palm and WinCE setups numerous times for some of my users that just dont get the fact that you shouldnt sync at more than one machine. I know I've come across this in literature as well from Palm, that they strongly advise against syncing to more than one machine. In any event, if you can avoid to do so, please avoid to do so. If you absolutely MUST sync at two places, try to have your data reside on a network share somewhere so that both machines access the same data; however, if you value your data, try not to sync at Mac and PC.
    08-07-07 06:12 PM
    how do i change the settings on pocketmac to sync 2 ways? i was just playing around with the software and could not find that feature.

thanks.
    11-03-08 01:49 PM
    Open PM>Click on the BB>Calendar>Advanced Preferences
    11-03-08 10:46 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD