Hi, I just got Mac DM and the when I loaded it up, an option came up to upgrade my phone's software, so I scrolled down and clicked Phone, then update. It started downloading some files, but then, it stopped and said failed. Then my Blackberry had the white screen with the little 'Reset' text link, which I did. Now it won't turn on, the screen is black, the LED light is on and blinks, and the computer won't recognize it. I haven't backed it up yet. Is there anyway to reload the OS without wiping the Blackberry clean?
    09-06-09 08:50 AM
    09-06-09 01:32 PM
    sorry to hear....on that note im gonna delete that dmg from my mac asap...i'd be interested to hear what happens if you can recover
    09-06-09 07:36 PM
    Hi, I just got Mac DM and the when I loaded it up, an option came up to upgrade my phone's software, so I scrolled down and clicked Phone, then update. It started downloading some files, but then, it stopped and said failed. Then my Blackberry had the white screen with the little 'Reset' text link, which I did. Now it won't turn on, the screen is black, the LED light is on and blinks, and the computer won't recognize it. I haven't backed it up yet. Is there anyway to reload the OS without wiping the Blackberry clean?
    If you don't have it backed up it is lost! If you follow the links CafeRacer808 posted you can recover to as new phone. Make sure that you have a OS loaded onto your windows pc before you start.
    https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads...E4F82F9F00E7D4
    This is a link for ATT v152
    DM for Mac is not a good product yet, lots of problems with it out there!
    Last edited by islandreamer; 09-07-09 at 03:02 AM. Reason: Added comment
    09-07-09 03:01 AM
    A similar thing happened to me, but it didn't go as far as my phone not turning on again. I tried to add the attachment service back to my Storm, and it completely wiped the phone while it was trying to add the service. It reset 3 times before the DM even asked if I wanted to add the OS back. I was able to add everything back, as well as backup my data.
    09-12-09 12:18 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD