I have seen a couple other posts but no real answer to the question and slightly different questions.

I have an iMac that I sync to my Tour with the new DM. I sync mainly contacts and some calendars (most calendars are google sync). I also have a MacBook. I would like to connect my Tour to this computer as well but only sync from my phone to my MacBook. This way any changes on the phone or iMac will appear on the MacBook. Is there a solution to this?

If it has to sync both ways on the MacBook that could be fine but the way I read it if I try this it will replace my Tour with all my MacBook contacts and not the other way around.

Any help? Thanks.
    10-04-09 04:02 PM
    I have an iMac that I sync to my Tour with the new DM. I sync mainly contacts and some calendars (most calendars are google sync). I also have a MacBook. I would like to connect my Tour to this computer as well but only sync from my phone to my MacBook. This way any changes on the phone or iMac will appear on the MacBook. Is there a solution to this?
    there are multiple solutions to this...the easiest is if you use mobileme, but there are multiple third party apps that would assist in syncing between macs (for example iSYNCAL)

If it has to sync both ways on the MacBook that could be fine but the way I read it if I try this it will replace my Tour with all my MacBook contacts and not the other way around.
    Not as I interpret it...make sure you do NOT have the replace device data box checked (under advanced drop-down). Click on sync and when you go to sync it will ask if you want to merge or replace data on device...click merge.

I would do a back-up first...
    10-04-09 04:19 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD