09-01-09 01:22 PM
35 12
tools
    Apple - Mac OS X Snow Leopard - The world€™s most advanced OS

Is this a coincidence that they are releasing at the same time. Or is there some reason Mac DM couldnt ever be done until Mac fixed something with their OS. Is Mac DM only going to be able to work with Snow Leopard?

Maybe the new Snow Leopard with its improved Exchange support with its native applications (instead of entourage) has something to do with it.

Or maybe im just stupid
    07-20-09 03:19 PM
    I haven't thought of that but that is a very good point.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-20-09 05:06 PM
    I hope not, I would rather save the 30 bones.
    07-20-09 05:35 PM
    The article says it will run on 10.5.5 or higher, so you will just need a semi-updated Leopard.
    07-20-09 06:04 PM
    Yeah, but Snow Leopard isn't backward compatible with pre-intel Macs (BOTH of mine).
    07-21-09 09:46 PM
    This is good news. i was going to switch to the iPhone when my contract with Verizon expires, but i really love the BB phones. Hate the idea that iPhone's battery is not user replaceable. If the Mac Desktop Manager is any good, they may keep me as a customer!
    Last edited by macthenaif; 07-29-09 at 01:42 PM. Reason: typo
    07-28-09 01:01 PM
    Yeah, but Snow Leopard isn't backward compatible with pre-intel Macs (BOTH of mine).
    Snow leopard doesnt have to be.. you need OS 10.5.5 or higher, which is the original leopard. Snow Leopard is 10.6 - 10.5.5 is compatible with PPCs, I use it on my Powerbook. If the specs are right you should have no problem with it.
    08-07-09 04:58 AM
    Snow leopard doesnt have to be.. you need OS 10.5.5 or higher, which is the original leopard. Snow Leopard is 10.6 - 10.5.5 is compatible with PPCs, I use it on my Powerbook. If the specs are right you should have no problem with it.
    AH! I misunderstood the numbering of Snow Leopard. Excellent.
    08-08-09 12:11 AM
    I was looking forward to both DM and snow leopard

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-11-09 02:25 PM
    I'm impressed that the new Mac DM hasn't leaked yet. There are far fewer Mac users on CB and thus less complaints about not it leaking. Only a month away isn't that long at all for it to arrive. I'm anxious for it because I'm tired of the switching over to Windows just to backup and load software.
    08-11-09 03:12 PM
    Hopefully RIM is testing the new Desktop Manager with Snow Leopard too. I'd hate for the Mac DM to launch and not properly support Apple's newest OS.
    08-11-09 03:29 PM
    The article says it will run on 10.5.5 or higher, so you will just need a semi-updated Leopard.
    indeed, see: Official: RIM launching in September BlackBerry Desktop Manager software for MAC Phone Reviews

d
    08-12-09 11:47 AM
    I'm impressed that the new Mac DM hasn't leaked yet. There are far fewer Mac users on CB and thus less complaints about not it leaking. Only a month away isn't that long at all for it to arrive. I'm anxious for it because I'm tired of the switching over to Windows just to backup and load software.
    yes, i was thinking the same, it's a little bit strange that it hasn't leaked yet, and now is august 12.... uhm.... hopeuflly it will come in september for real.

i'm waiting the september 1... maybe is too early? hehe..

d
    08-12-09 11:50 AM
    i am also very surprised that mac DM hasn't leaked... i am anxiously waiting for this! hopefully very beginning of september, how about sept 1st at midnight?

also... if anyone has a leaked copy SHARE!!
    08-13-09 02:57 PM
    I found that PocketMac and MissingSync cannot live together. In fact, that's an understatement. If you install MS after PM, it stops and tells you to remove PM and a reboot is required before you get MS up and running. I wonder if the same kind of uninstalling and rebooting foolishness is in store for those of us with MS that want to try the new Desktop Manager? I hope not.
    08-14-09 07:01 AM
    Yeah, even though I've ponied up for Missing Sync (works fine, BTW), I'd be happy to Beta Mac BB DM... I mean, I appear to be Beta-ing the Tour...
    08-16-09 10:11 PM
    i was thinking about this today while i was driving my car... it is quiet a coincidence that these two power house programs are coming out in the same month....yet so is windows 7. However that is a very good point that is brought up, snow leopard has been leaking left and right all over torrent sites such as demonoid and ip torrents. Why has dm not leaked at all....and what im pissed about is that it isnt as advanced as pc dm
    08-19-09 12:32 AM
    What will it lack. Pocket mac is not working fully for me. I can sync my calender and contacts but that is it. My media I have to do another way. As of yet I have been unable to sync the media end yet.
    08-19-09 11:52 AM
    I NEED DESKTOP MANAGER ON MY IMAC! i want to be able to do updates in the comfort of my own home >.<
    08-19-09 07:34 PM
    Just pre-ordered Snow Leopard! Anyone else?
    08-24-09 02:15 PM
    Me, too. Looks promising!
    08-24-09 03:08 PM
    I bet we see the Mac DTM real soon. By the reviews and reports by beta testers, it has been ready to for weeks. I'm guessing RIM was just waiting to test it with Snow Leopard before release. If we are lucky within 2 weeks we all be using a native, real syncing client!
    08-24-09 03:19 PM
    I hope you're right SaraBear. Can't wait for my BB and Mac to be best friends.
    08-24-09 03:32 PM
    Yes, very excited to get it ordered and of course the early shipping. Now, lets get that DM for Mac out in the public so we can start using it.
    08-24-09 06:02 PM
    I did... now all we need is for RIM to release the DM... I'm looking forward to it.
    08-24-09 06:48 PM
35 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD