I had read earlier that people were having issues installing the new OS with Mac Desktop Manager. So I didn't try

Has this been fixed? Does it load the new OS fine now?

Thank You
    04-06-10 11:48 PM
    It took me two tries. On the first try half of the way through it failed. Closed DM, opened it back up and it started where it had 'failed at'. It took a while to 'reboot' etc and the screen even flashed 507 error while it was 'restarting' but after everything I have the new OS working 100%
    04-07-10 05:49 AM
    I had read earlier that people were having issues installing the new OS with Mac Desktop Manager. So I didn't try

Has this been fixed? Does it load the new OS fine now?

Thank You

I didn't try with DM on my Mac. I just went for the OTA download. It only took about an hour and everything came back the way it was before I started. It was really easy!

Kat
    04-07-10 09:42 AM
    The first time I tried, it was in the middle of it waiting for the phone to restart and when it came back on, it bricked with the app error 532 screen, had to get on the phone with vzw who put me with blackberry, they walked me through it and thought it worked. I was done and trying to get everything on my phone the way I had it before when I realized I was missing vznavigator, blackberry maps, memo pad, password keeper, and tasks. Got back on the phone with them, and over to blackberry again, they had me copy and send logs from my computer and a zip copy of the desktop manager, set up a web session where they could see my desktop while they walked me through it on the phone. Finished everything that time around, and had all the apps. Was setting everything back up again, and then when I opened up the calendar to start working on that, I realized there are serious issues with that. It freezes for a minute and then when I have it open in agenda view and try to scroll ahead, it freezes for a minute and then jumps to a few days before today in the year 2054! I'm in the process of reinstalling the OS again following the steps they brought me through before, to see if it will fix it before I call them back to probably do the same thing over the phone. So far, I think I have about 8 hours invested into this from when I started. I also realized that when it backs it up before hand, it says it does and its complete, but then there is no back up file at the end of it anywhere on the harddrive. If this doesn't work, and if the next phone call isn't the last for this, I think I might be going to either go for the crappy tour, or try out a droid system. This is driving me crazy!
    04-08-10 01:20 AM
    I had no issues using DM on my mac
    04-08-10 05:34 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD