With Mac DM being released should I keep using Gmail's calendar to sync with my Storm and iCal? Example: I've been using gmail for email and calendar function for a few years and I have my gmail pushed to my Storm and view/edit my gmail calendar from my Storm as well. Within past few months I discovered that I can sync iCal and gmail calendar so I've been primarily using iCal for inputting new changes to calendar and all 3 (Storm, iCal, gmail) have been syncing together.

With new release of Mac DM, couldn't I just do away with using gmail calendar entirely and just sync my Storm with iCal? I realize I would be losing out on the wireless sync feature (which is very convenient) but are there any other downsides? Is there a way to wireless sync my Storm and iCal calendar utilizing bluetooth so I don't have to manually connect it?

Any suggestions please!
    09-03-09 08:35 PM
    There is no way to sync a Mac without a wire. As far as gmail and calendar no way am I going to do that. Its like having a permanent back up.

I am excited about DM for Mac. Why isn't it here its Sept.3? But I'm not changing my gmail or calendar. I just won't rely on Windows for updates and backups.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-03-09 08:45 PM
    I'm confused. Are you saying you would keep the gmail and calendar function synced or would you stop syncing the gmail calendar and rely only on iCal?
    09-03-09 08:53 PM
    I would keep Gmail and Calendar. Don't forget your contacts are also on Gmail. Its a great backup.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-03-09 09:10 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD