hi im going to be upgrading to a mackbook pro from windows soon and i have a question. will i just be able to connect my bb to my mac and us the dm or do i have to do something first since i used the dm on my windows comp to sync my bb and such
    11-09-09 08:34 PM
    You'll be able to just download the Mac DM and connect your BB via USB. It isn't as robust as the Windows version though... in fact, in part because of that, I use VMWare running XP on my Macs. Any upgrades etc that I need to do I do through VMWare.
    11-09-09 08:53 PM
    As long as you're using the current version of DM for Mac you should be okay. I did the same thing (Mac to Windows).

BEFORE YOU DO ANYTHING BACK-UP YOUR PHONE!
    I can't stress this enough! You can do it on your Mac but your PC will be fine.

Things to be aware of:
    1. Make sure you have no contacts in your address book on your mac before syncing. It will duplicate contacts. However, keep the ones that you don't have on your Blackberry.

2. As of right now I have contact picture issues. I use photos for all my contacts and when I upload them through address book on the mac, they appear very small on my blackberry. I've posed this question in a forum I started on DM for Mac issues (http://forums.crackberry.com/f62/pos...issues-358565/) but haven't had any luck. If you use pictures and already have the appropriate sized ones on your Blackberry, then they won't be affected during the sync. It is only when you change it on your address book.

3. You will not be able to sync until you set up the sync options in the left sidebar. Be sure to select the right option. I do not like the limited options DM for Mac gives you.

4. You can't transfer backups saved from your PC to your Mac. They are different file types.

Desktop for Mac is much more user friendly and very simple. It's just plug and go right from the start!

Check out this link on Desktop Manager for Mac for everything you need to know:

BlackBerry 101: BlackBerry Desktop Manager for Mac | CrackBerry.com
    11-09-09 09:03 PM
    Good advice regarding back up!

Things to be aware of:
    1. Make sure you have no contacts in your address book on your mac before syncing. It will duplicate contacts. However, keep the ones that you don't have on your Blackberry.
    Huhhh...What I did was make sure my mac address book was the way I wanted it and up to date and I replaced the data on my device...no dups. Also no problem syncing with a pc and a mac.

3. You will not be able to sync until you set up the sync options in the left sidebar. Be sure to select the right option. I do not like the limited options DM for Mac gives you.
    Your options are not to sync or two way. Obviously you want to sync so you choose two way. Then you have the option to replace the data on the device or merge...simple enough.

I think the key is to start fresh...don't have any other syncing software on your mac...if you have been syncing before, I would recommend you reset sync services
    11-10-09 11:19 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD