I know BB software does not work on MACs and I have having my friend install windows probably tomorrow (vista or xp, undecided yet). BUT if you take out the 8GB micro Sd card and put it in a USB adaptor then plug that into your MAC and maually load songs onto the card from there, then put the card back in your phone..... that should theoretically work.

Anyone do this? I would but I am home on spring break and my card-USB adaptor is at college
    03-11-09 05:14 AM
    You could do this, but why the hassle? You can download media sync for mac and sync your storm with your itunes playlists.

BlackBerry - BlackBerry Media Sync – Tuned Up

Also, if you don't want to go that route, osx should recognize the memory on your storm, and mount it. you can transfer files that way, as well.
    03-11-09 05:18 AM
    thanks for the quick reply, the main reason I have not downloaded media sync is because I have read that almost everyone is having problems with it. I am getting windows for the use of office as well (i prefer microsoft excel and word to mac)

I have connected my storm to my mac and nothing happened, I was rushed so I might have not looked thoroughly, but I didnt see osx recognizing anything

thanks for the reply!
    03-11-09 05:24 AM
    Did you enable Mass Storage Mode support? Check Options -> Memory. When I hook up my Storm to my MBP, I can access the memory card. And yes, pulling the memory card out and using a USB adapter will work as well.
    03-11-09 05:50 AM
    Yes it is on.

I actually took bb.storm.808's advice and went ahead and downloaded the media sync for mac. Download went fast and easy (like most on macs). I put songs in a Play list and synced it to my storm but the songs didnt appear on my storm. I then turned my storm off and then on and viola the songs were there.

Thanks for the tips both of you.

Next question is how to upload photos? there seems to me no option via the mac media sync
    03-11-09 06:07 AM
    WOW I can set any song to "set as ringtone"?! thats awesome I never have to DL a ringtone again, full songs or chop it on itunes and sync to phone. This is greatt
    03-11-09 06:18 AM
    When I plug my storm into my mac, 2 storage drives show up. I open 1 of these and drag and drop my music, ringtones, wallpaper etc. It works flawlessly and been doing it from day 1. (JMTC)
    03-11-09 07:27 AM
    Yes it is on.

I actually took bb.storm.808's advice and went ahead and downloaded the media sync for mac. Download went fast and easy (like most on macs). I put songs in a Play list and synced it to my storm but the songs didnt appear on my storm. I then turned my storm off and then on and viola the songs were there.

Thanks for the tips both of you.

Next question is how to upload photos? there seems to me no option via the mac media sync
    You're welcome. As far as the photo sync, I'm of no help.
    03-11-09 07:49 AM
    When I plug my storm into my mac, 2 storage drives show up. I open 1 of these and drag and drop my music, ringtones, wallpaper etc. It works flawlessly and been doing it from day 1. (JMTC)
    Thats exactly what I did! Works great, (thats my answer to getting pictures on there)

Have you tried dropping apps or themes in any folder yet??
    03-11-09 08:04 AM
    I always directly drag and drop my music onto my storm from using my mac with a usb cord. Works perfectly everytime. I have not tried copying apps or themes yet though. Good luck!
    03-11-09 09:03 AM
    Hi there. I have a question about the Blackberry Media Sync that was mentioned before sounds exactly what I was looking for. However, when I followed the link it states that PocketMac and Missing Sync will no longer work until BB Media Sync is uninstalled. What if I want to continue using BB Media Sync as well as PocketMac? Or is there something better that I can use for syncing contact, calendar, etc.? My phone is brand new and I haven't set up my contacts or calendar yet, but I know I'll want to add to it after the initial "dump" anyway.
    04-19-09 07:39 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD