Hi

When I connect my Curve to BlackBerry Desktop software for Mac, it says: "Mac can't repair the disk "BlackBerry", back up the data and reformat it as soon as possible."

Secondly, when I want to sync my songs (in tunes) through BlackBerry Desktop software, it shows over there that songs have almost consumed 1GB of memory card's space but when I open the media in the phone, there is nothing there.

Waiting for your replies.
    12-13-11 12:15 PM
    Ok. I've done some research about this and what I have found is that this error message has got nothing to do with the BB's OS - means OS isn't corrupted - instead it was the media card which got corrupted because it wasn't ejected properly. So, media card needed to be repaired or formatted.

So, I formatted the media card and after that when I connected it to BB Desktop application, no error message appeared and songs got synced as well.

Did I do the right thing?

These were the links from where I got this information.

KB25961-The error message "Mac OS X can't repair the disk" appears when connecting the BlackBerry smartphone to a Mac computer

Something that NEEDS to be added to Desktop Softwa... - BlackBerry Support Community Forums
    12-13-11 12:57 PM
    you did the perfectly correct thing. I had the same problem a few days ago, it's because I forgot to eject the BB before closing the desktop manager. Mac OS is very sensitive to a correct media handling.
    Disk repair solves that problem in 99.99% of the cases - does usually not need a reformatting.
    12-14-11 10:09 AM
    Disk repair solves that problem in 99.99% of the cases - does usually not need a reformatting.
    OP, "repair disk" option is what you should have chosen in Mac Disk Utility as opposed to reformatting. That's all you needed (I had same issue the other day). That way you wouldn't have lost all the data on your media card.
    12-14-11 01:26 PM
    OP, "repair disk" option is what you should have chosen in Mac Disk Utility as opposed to reformatting. That way you wouldn't have lost all the data on your media card.
    Yeah, that's the truth.
    12-15-11 07:19 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD