Hi,

Been using my Bold 9000 for about a year and a half now. And in the recent months i have noticed my phone hanging a lot and needing a restart every 2 days. This is especially annoying while working, typing out emails and BBMing.

SO i checked my memory and noticed that i have just 2 -3 MB left and about 15 MB after a fresh restart.

After following Crackberry's How to Free Up Memory on your BlackBerry Smartphone tutorial I now have a little more space now.

Being a mac user i could not follow the last part using the back up from BB desktop manager and deleting files.

Is there any way to use the MAC BB Back up and do the same?

Thanks
    07-21-10 03:45 AM
    Did you pull battery, wait, reinstall, and restart?

The importance of a Battery Pull...
    A battery pull is a way of resetting the device to regain lost memory and to start fresh. Doing a battery pull will usually fix most minor issues.

A battery pull consists of:
    removing the battery cover
    removing the battery while the device is still on
    waiting 15 seconds
    and re-inserting the battery
    The phone will take anywhere between 2 and 6 minutes to reboot itself.
    Once rebooted the device will run clean and fresh. It is recommended to do a battery pull once a day or more (depending on your memory loss)
    A helpful program that can do this for you can be found here
    QuickPull | Personal Productivity BlackBerry Software

Run the app and it will ask you if you would like to reset your device. select yes and then select reboot now. Its the same thing as a battery pull without having to take out the actual battery

Rick
    Last edited by BBricky; 07-21-10 at 09:16 AM.
    07-21-10 09:06 AM
    My 9000 does just fine with the suggestions from BB101 and without using the Mac to delete additional files.

Battery pull about one time a month is a good idea. A soft reset on a daily basis (as with QuickPull or QuickLaunch) does much of the same but a hard battery pull allows a full reset of all the electronics and may be better on occasion.
    07-21-10 10:16 AM
    15MB after a fresh boot, that's pathetic. I have little over 43MB after a restart. What extra do you have cluttering your device?
    07-21-10 10:38 AM
    I know... 15 is ****... i had a lot of applications installed but deleted them. Now the only extras i have are FB and google sync.

Does battery pull have the same results as "alt + Lf Shift + Del"??
    07-26-10 04:17 PM
    you could free up space by uninstalling apps you don't need, emptying the browser cache (if you're using the built-in browser, that is), removing messages and installing an east-asia OS (if you really want to go far...)

Good luck !
    07-29-10 11:19 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD