I'm very new to the blackberry, im planning on getting the blackberry storm, ive read and researched different things that pair up to the blackberry when using a mac. But from what i've heard and read im not sure if im fully understanding things but theres a program called PocketMac which basically updates everything but you have to sync your computer with it in order to update everything. Not a big deal, but my question is, how does the Blackberry Fair when it comes to a mac. Will i be able to wireless access my .Mac e-mail account to fullest using a blackberry or am i stuck with PocketMac and having to sync everything each time i want it on my blackberry, can someone direct me or answer some of the questions and give me the run down on what im going to experience in the future.
    10-03-08 04:12 AM
    basically what im asking is will my .mac account work with the blackberry, i don't really care about iCal or my address book although that would be nice but i know there are ways around that. but if anyone could answer please help a poor fellow
    10-03-08 07:31 AM
    I have my .mac (me.com) account set up as one of my email accounts and it works great. There is very little delay getting my mail once it's sent. The new version of PocketMac syncs iPhotos to and from your BB. It also syncs non-DRM protected music from iTunes. Definitely a step in the right direction. I still have a copy of Windows installed on my Macs by Boot Camp, just to sync and update. I can't wait until Macs are officially supported so I can get that *crap* off my Macs!
    10-03-08 09:56 PM
    thanks for the response, for the mean time im probably going to buy missing sync just because of all the perfection stories ive heard about it, but as long as my .mac account works flawlessly with it, then im sold. thanks!
    10-04-08 07:03 AM
    I'm also a mac & bb user, but I don't use .mac so I don't know about that.

But I can tell you that missing sync is the way to go! Pocket mac never worked for me at all!!!
    10-04-08 11:25 AM
    i figure i will give pocket mac a try, and do some more research on when BB is going to pick it up in regards to hauling there *** when syncing to the BB.

you should look into getting .mac, i wouldn't recommend paying for an e-mail service when they have so many free e-mail services out there (google, msn, yahoo). but the fact that .mac works FLAWLESSLY with the computer and its well built OS, just makes me love my mac even more and take more advantage of it, not to mention with the recent mobile me that came out with push e-mail etc, its just a great thing.
    10-04-08 02:17 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD