A friend of mine just got his 8330 and was loading the software onto his mac book. He chooses the Leopard icon and when it loads the screen opens up with nothing on it just a window with no icons.

Any ideas?
    07-01-08 05:15 PM
    If you are refering to BB DM software, it is not compatible with MAC. Go to Blackberry.com and D/L pocket MAC for syncing of data
    07-01-08 05:19 PM
    8330 may not be supported by PocketMac (if you're using PocketMac). And depending on which Mac OS you're running, it may not be supported as well.

PocketMac For BlackBerry | Call Toll Free 1-866-POCK-MAC

You may need to get MissingSync (pay program) to sync 8330.

I don't have 8330 so I really don't know for sure.
    07-01-08 05:59 PM
    OK we downloaded the pocket mac software and it won't sync to the mac book. The mac book isn't finding the device when the 8330 is plugged into the computer?

Maybe onepoonis is correct and the 8330 doen't work with mac?
    07-01-08 06:20 PM
    Interest I have heared of this, while VZW does not support syncing with a MAC and they xfer customers directly to RIM for support. Make sure you have done all your MAC updates as well.
    07-01-08 06:37 PM
    OK we downloaded the pocket mac software and it won't sync to the mac book. The mac book isn't finding the device when the 8330 is plugged into the computer?

Maybe onepoonis is correct and the 8330 doen't work with mac?
    when you downloaded the PocketMac software, did you also download the update for the USB driver? If not, go back to blackberry.com and download the USB driver update. When you install it, make sure the BB is not connected. Also be sure to reboot the Mac after installation.

hth

e.n.
    07-01-08 06:57 PM
    I have the 8330 as well as a Macbook Pro, with the most updated OS on both devices. I am quite handy with the mac, and after following all suggestions on how to make it work (installing updated drivers, etc..) I could not get PocketMac to sync with my blackberry. However, the BB should show up when you say yes to the mass storage device option. It should mount as a drive of its own. If this doesnt happen for you, or it never asked you if it should mount it as a mass storage device, something else is going on. Otherwise, I think it is just that the 8330 is not supported by PocketMac. I purchased Missing Sync.
    07-01-08 07:49 PM
    when you downloaded the PocketMac software, did you also download the update for the USB driver? If not, go back to blackberry.com and download the USB driver update. When you install it, make sure the BB is not connected. Also be sure to reboot the Mac after installation.

hth

e.n.
    Thanks El novato, it was the device driver update. The pocketbook software found the device right after my friend updated the driver and everything works fine.

You guys rock.
    07-02-08 01:19 PM
    I recently updated my MacBook and ever since then my bb won't even show up on my desktop. PocketMac also says it can't find the device, therefore it can't sync properly. It worked fine earlier today and all of a sudden nothing. I even updated my USB drivers from bb.com.
    06-11-09 11:50 PM
    I gave up on Pocket Mac after only a week and bought The Missing Sync from Markspace. Only downside I've found is it won't install software. I use my Netbook running Windows for that.
    06-12-09 07:19 AM
    I recently found out that since I downloaded Blackberry Media Sync PocketMac will not work on my computer. I have since deleted Media Sync but PocketMac will still not work. I have uninstalled and reinstalled PocketBook many times and I don't know what else to try since it worked fine before the Media Sync was installed.....????
    06-21-09 02:04 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD