I'm sure this question has been asked a million times.
    But, I have a new Curve 8310.
    I've downloaded "The Missing Link" to try to get
    some of my iTunes music and some of my
    iPhoto pictures onto the Blackberry.
    I had a 1gb (?) micro SD card.
    And, I have a MAC ibook G4.

I am not computer savvy AT ALL!

So, here's my needs.
    I welcome all help.
    Just remember, all explanations
    and help has to come step-by-step!

1) I managed to get iCal onto my Blackberry.
    But whenever I try to sync iTunes or iPhoto,
    I get the message "can't sync, card not mounted?"
    How do I mount the microSD card?

2) This is probably a really stupid question,
    but what is "unprotected itunes music?"
    Is it the music that I added from my own CD's?

Thanks in advance to any and all who dare to help!
    02-05-08 06:55 PM
    I believe the black berry media software uses an MP3 format and itunes uses a different format. You will have to convert the itunes music to the MP3 format.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-17-08 07:05 PM
    "Unprotected iTunes music" is any music not purchased from iTunes or any other online sight. iTunes protects their music by coding it, hence the ".mp4" label you see on iTunes-bought music.
    02-17-08 07:25 PM
    I believe the black berry media software uses an MP3 format and itunes uses a different format. You will have to convert the itunes music to the MP3 format.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    actually, Itunes supports almost all digital music formats except wma... It will convert those if youd like to mp3, mp4, aac, applelossless etc.

and my blackberry curve 8310 will play music in mp4, mp3, mpeg music file, and I believe aac.
    (at least thats all i've tried so far.)

common misconception about Itunes...

as for the initial question, I havent been able to sync Iphoto or Itunes directly, but I paired my mac and phone thru bluetooth and have been sending music and picture files over bluetooth. Its a little slower but not too hard.

I have the PocketMac program I downloaded from bb.com and it syncs all the contacts/address books/etc. but I havent seen any programs yet that sync Itunes and Iphoto to my bb curve. Then again, just got mine like 4 days ago.
    02-22-08 09:19 PM
    It's not a format issue, it's a DRM issue. If the music file is protected, it won't play on a BB. If you have DRM free music, you're all set.
    02-22-08 09:22 PM
    If you burn your music to a CD, then rip it back to your MAC, they will transfer play on your BB. As far as getting them from MAC onto BB, I'm no help... I'm MAC-illiterate.
    02-22-08 09:28 PM
    To get tunes from iTunes to Mac, you'll want to get a microSD media card, format it in your BB and then you can upload the tunes from the Mac to the media card. Pop it into your BB and voil! You have music and ringtones on your BB!
    02-22-08 10:00 PM
    Also iTunes is selling DRM free music. Which means you can download them as an mp3 so they will work. Click on iTunes plus on the right menu.
    Then do an advance search, use the drop down menu, only look in iTunes plus.
    Only problem is the selection isn't as good as the DRM protected ones.
    02-22-08 10:51 PM
    I'm not exactly sure about syncing your itunes, but an easy way to get music to your BB is:

After you format the memory card in the phone, connect your phone to your computer w/usb (make sure mass storage mode is enabled on the phone). Open a finder window on your computer, your phone should be listed under the removable drives (mine comes up as Blackberry 8300). Click on it and there should be folders: Music, Ringtones, Videos...

Now Open another finder window and size the two so you can view them at the same time.

Go to your itunes folder:
    Music>iTunes>iTunes Music>Artist>Album>Song

Choose the song you want and drag it to the Blackberry>Music folder in the other finder window.

Each song will upload in a matter of seconds, drag and drop multiple songs at a time. Songs bought from iTunes need to be burned to disc and then imported back into iTunes to free up restrictions (delete the protected song once the "unprotected" song is back in your iTunes. you can easily view which songs are protected by checking the box next to "Kind" in iTunes "View Options" in the View tab) Now your purchased music is just like any music you imported from a cd you own.

I wouldn't worry about converting all of your music to mp3, I have all of my music as AAC (m4a) and they play fine on my phone.

I'm sure there are other ways, but this one is pretty easy, hope this helps.

Movies can be uploaded the same way, simply drag them to the Video folder, however, videos need to be formatted properly which is an entirely different topic.
    Last edited by gl.08chc; 02-25-08 at 04:32 AM.
    02-25-08 04:25 AM
    I'm not exactly sure about syncing your itunes, but an easy way to get music to your BB is:

After you format the memory card in the phone, connect your phone to your computer w/usb (make sure mass storage mode is enabled on the phone). Open a finder window on your computer, your phone should be listed under the removable drives (mine comes up as Blackberry 8300). Click on it and there should be folders: Music, Ringtones, Videos...
    SNIP.....
    Your instructions are great. But just so anyone with a 8130 Pearl is aware, you can not use Mass Storage on this phone. There is a know issue and if you try, it will send the device into constant reset cycle. Only way is to use a card reader, then you can use the method as gl.08chc explained.
    02-25-08 04:44 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD