I've read a few threads so far about setting up your blackberry as a modem and I just recently tried it with my macbook. I got to the point where I pair my 8900 bia bluetooth and then the selection on the mac where it says use as modem. However my device fails to act as a modem. Has anyone successfully paired an 8900 with a macbook as a modem? Thanks!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-23-09 01:31 PM
    I have! Add me on BB messenger I can walk you through it my Pin is 24a71b5a
    03-23-09 05:02 PM
    There is a beta out for ThetherBerry. Thi sis a piad for program but it does two things for you:

- it is easy to set up and is very reliable
    - it uses the browser channel of your data plan so you carrier (if relevant) will not know you are tethering and ths will not require you to buy a tethering add on.
    03-23-09 05:06 PM
    OH SNAP! Pete I didn't realize that, maybe I should have paid more attention when I read the information on this app. My current provider does not allow me to tether. I'm definitely going to check into this now. Thanks!
    03-23-09 05:29 PM
    Now I realize why I did not pay more attention to this earlier, the price tag is too high for me. Maybe I am missing something but I did not see a free trial available either. Since I would rarely ever need to tether, I don't think that app is worth it to me.
    03-23-09 11:14 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD