Anyone know how to upgrade your blackberry os using a MAC? I would like to get up to 4.5 but you cant via OTA.

Any Ideas?

I also have a VZW 8330
    10-07-08 08:38 PM
    I was just going to start the same post ... except I have the AT&T 8310.

The software does seem to be available from blackberry.com (BlackBerry - BlackBerry Device Software) but at the bottom of the page it says:

Please check the following items:

1. This page requires Windows Internet Explorer v5.5 or later, running on Windows.

2. An ActiveX control provided by Research In Motion Ltd. needs to be installed to update your BlackBerry smartphone. Click on the Internet Explorer Information Bar, shown at the top of the page, and select "Install ActiveX Control..." to install this component.
    Last edited by PreshusSmurf; 10-08-08 at 11:01 AM. Reason: formatting
    10-08-08 11:00 AM
    To upgrade the OS you need to do it on a Windows box. You have to install BB Desktop Manager and download the new OS to it, then you can upgrade the OS on your BB. You cannot do it OTA or on a Mac.
    10-08-08 11:03 PM
    To upgrade the OS you need to do it on a Windows box. You have to install BB Desktop Manager and download the new OS to it, then you can upgrade the OS on your BB. You cannot do it OTA or on a Mac.

That's what I was afraid of. Stupid BB not supporting Macs!

Thanks for the response ... I'm gonna try it tomorrow using my hubby's PC. I will post an update to let y'all know how it went.
    10-09-08 01:29 AM
    If you have an IntelMac, you can use windoze on the bootcamp side and/or run Fusion or Parallels. I use Fusion all the time to back-up and update my Pearl.
    10-09-08 07:46 AM
    I tried to download 4.5 att yesterday and got an error message: app error 205 or 285 reset. Have I lost everything since I forgot to back it up? Have 2G memory card.

Thanks
    04-23-10 08:42 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD